Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play on 64bit if your getting neg damage!

(PSN)JeDi-_xStaRzZ

8 minutes ago, Naftal said:

the game uses 32 bit integers regardless of if 64-bit mode is used.

I would love to see some proof of this :D

And seeing as how you called this a "troll post" you probably have no idea what your talking about

Edited by (PS4)JeDi-_xStaRzZ

14 minutes ago, (PS4)JeDi-_xStaRzZ said:

I would love to see some proof of this :D

And seeing as how you called this a "troll post" you probably have no idea what your talking about

The mode just changes how much memory can be allocated for the process. Probably something else but I'm not familiar enough with it. The data model stays the same or there would be problems between 32 and 64 bit modes.

You're right, I don't know what I'm talking about. I just gathered that you learned the reason for the current damage cap earlier in another thread and figured out the range of values for 64 bit integers, then made this thread without thinking more about the relation between 64-bit mode and data type sizes.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

The mode just changes how much memory can be allocated for the process. Probably something else but I'm not familiar enough with it. The data model stays the same or there would be problems between 32 and 64 bit modes.

x86 assembly vs x64 assembly is a whole different thing, bud. And it doesn't just change how much memory can be allocated for the process, either. You download x64 executables rather than the standard x86 ones when you first try to use x64. The best part? x86 players can play with x64 players. There is no conflict between x86 and x64 and I don't know were you got that from, anyways? Heres a quote from here that says the following regarding performace and the additional registers that come with x64 asm:

I typically see a 30% speed improvement for compute-intensive code on x86-64 compared to x86. This is most likely due to the fact that we have 16 x 64 bit general purpose registers and 16 x SSE registers instead of 8 x 32 bit general purpose registers and 8 x SSE registers. This is with the Intel ICC compiler (11.1) on an x86-64 Linux - results with other compilers (e.g. gcc), or with other operating systems (e.g. Windows), may be different of course.

If you are on x86 your RAM is limited to 4gb while x64 can go all the way up to 192gb of RAM and some games like GTA 5 use up 4gb ram very easily for map loading which means they can only be ran on a x64 processor. What x64 Warframe does really is nothing I can tell you without actually looking at the files.

2 hours ago, Naftal said:

I just gathered that you learned the reason for the current damage cap earlier in another thread

No. I knew it way before that. I didn't think people were hitting it (or if Warframe would have found a way to fix it). I know enough about it to tell you that Python 3 doesn't have a cap while Python 2 does. Isn't that awesome? I can also tell you what every x86 asm instruction does and that mov is a turning-complete instruction. Do you still doubt me? I even know C++. Now you have to believe me ;D

40 minutes ago, (PS4)JeDi-_xStaRzZ said:

x86 assembly vs x64 assembly is a whole different thing, bud. And it doesn't just change how much memory can be allocated for the process, either. You download x64 executables rather than the standard x86 ones when you first try to use x64. The best part? x86 players can play with x64 players. There is no conflict between x86 and x64 and I don't know were you got that from, anyways? Heres a quote from here that says the following regarding performace and the additional registers that come with x64 asm:

If you are on x86 your RAM is limited to 4gb while x64 can go all the way up to 192gb of RAM and some games like GTA 5 use up 4gb ram very easily for map loading which means they can only be ran on a x64 processor. What x64 Warframe does really is nothing I can tell you without actually looking at the files.

No. I knew it way before that. I didn't think people were hitting it (or if Warframe would have found a way to fix it). I know enough about it to tell you that Python 3 doesn't have a cap while Python 2 does. Isn't that awesome? I can also tell you what every x86 asm instruction does and that mov is a turning-complete instruction. Do you still doubt me? I even know C++. Now you have to believe me ;D

So, what does any of this have anything to do with the data model used in warframe?

15 hours ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

why would we be using 32bit anyway?

Designed for low-end, but very efficient computers normally used in commercial factories and packaging. 32-bit has a straightforward capacity that does not turn devices into melted butter as Silicon circuits overworks, 64-bit is for high-ended multi-purpose devices that do need extra energy to work with and basically modern computers that lack the factory wagon behind it.

OP's blustering does not make me believe them.

32-bit and 64-bit are either referring to the OpSys on your computer (which it's not, or at least I'm assuming they're smarter than that), or to how the damage value is cast before being displayed.

If indeed referring to casts, it's nonsense.  Those data types refer to how many bits are used to store the value in memory: if you try to store a value greater than the memory can hold, you will get an error.  Switching from long to longg (long long) won't do anything, because unless the change is made server-side (from the base code) you won't see a difference.  And if they were to change serverside, everyone using a shorter data type on their client would get the updated code, and would see what the server says the number is.  Changing your computer's settings wouldn't make any difference, even if you could (but you can't, since doing so would require breaking into the code of your client and recasting every single instance of the variable you're changing in the new type - breach of EULA).

"I even know C++"?  No, you don't.  Go play with your Visual Studio or whatever it is kids are using these days.