Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does loot radar still work on caches?

_Shalune

Question

The last 10 or so sabotage void missions I've done I've found 2/3 caches after scouring the levels thoroughly start to finish, often with friends along doing the same. And I keep seeing online the advice to take loot radar mods.

Well I just tried this with maxed Thief's Wit and maxed Animal Instinct and found that loot radar did not appear to highlight a single cache (even the 2 I found) nor locker. It only highlighted destructible containers. Am I missing something, or did this functionality change?

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, xxcib21xx said:

Those mods won't help you with caches. Just turn down all your sounds but soundfx and just start looking in loot rooms per tileset. You can hear it if you're close.

Thanks for the quick answer. Glad to know for sure.

That's strange loot radar, Thief's wit, and animal instinct used to show caches, but only on the mini map as one of the standard "loot marks". It doesn't show them through walls but it could still help locate them. Did they not appear on the minimap for you at all?

was doing an infested Eris hive mission last night, and the corpus cache is still shown as a square mark (the same as the normal cache) on my minimap. i use animal instinct and thiefs wit. i dont think thiefs wit/loot radar/animal instinct will highlight a cache/container. they only highlight mods.

CMIIW

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

That's strange loot radar, Thief's wit, and animal instinct used to show caches, but only on the mini map as one of the standard "loot marks". It doesn't show them through walls but it could still help locate them. Did they not appear on the minimap for you at all?

57 minutes ago, Soren.Highblade said:

was doing an infested Eris hive mission last night, and the corpus cache is still shown as a square mark (the same as the normal cache) on my minimap. i use animal instinct and thiefs wit. i dont think thiefs wit/loot radar/animal instinct will highlight a cache/container. they only highlight mods.

CMIIW

Well thats a relief, these guys had me worried for second.