Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it ok

(XBOX)SlohLane

Question

Lately I have been seeing a lot of hate towards low MR ranks being an MR21 I have little too nothing left too do but help others, so I am considering having a second profile too lay on where I can play the game all over again but attempt too do so as an MR1-2 and no higher than 2.

so my actual question is is it ok too have a second profile? I thought I seen somewhere that it is actually a ban able offense? Is this true?

will I be ok too make a new profile that I play on a day or two out of the week that is not my regular account?

also I figured I wanted too attempt too make my own guides too some things as I go back through all the content.

7 answers to this question

I think that as long as there is no interaction between the accounts, it'd be fine. The only reason you'd not be allowed to have 2 accounts is transferring items and what not. Can't make any promises, but I think that's the case.

A while back I wrote a ticket to support to inquire about having multiple accounts, here is the quote from reply and I hope it helps to clear things up a bit:

The only time having multiple accounts on the same IP can lead to issues is if users are found to be exploiting the game by having alts or cheating the system with multiple accounts for Events, Contests, Promotions, Coupons or other things like that!

If you are simply playing the game, making regular trades and having fun, then you will be perfectly ok! If for any reason something did happen and an account triggered the anti-cheat system and got banned, simply write into the support and we will investigate the issue and resolve it for you! :)

As far as I'm aware, you are able to have multiple accounts, but as long as you don't us them to exploit events etc. you should be fine. As long as your secondary accounts are being treated as separate entities and don't benefit each other, it's fine. And even if you trigger a ban, there is always support, which can help you.

like others have said u can have as many alt acct as u want, but trading plat between those accts is something DE will ban you for, due to ppl exploiting the plat sales daily login reward...

IMHO this is dumb, as ppl are still spending $$$, and DE should really find a better solution than this heavy-handed approach...

but atm, your safest approach is to not trade anything between the alt accts, in that case you should be in the clear...

of course ask/pm DE yourself as well and ask them to work towards a more elegant solution [more voices equal faster changes]

Thanks all, I'm going too go ahead and make one. I do t plan on exploiting. I'm just looking too prove a point that an MR 2 can do anything an MR21 can do. Except of course the stuff that is MR locked which is a shame!

im just tired of the mumbling and grumbling about low MR's. And although it won't prove anything too the masses I'll at least self satisfy my aggravation towards that specific topic!  

And on a plus make a few videos for my activity feed that will hopefully help some people out.

+1 to all of you!

end of thread TY

Edited by (XB1)Listed mia 510

9 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Since we're at it, my son plans to start playing wf soon, two PCs, in same house. Does this mean we should not trade, or that I cannot give him gear, presents or anything of value? 

Allow me to first congratulate you for your excellent parenting. Secondly, I don't think that should be a problem. I've had friends over at my place and I've given them items, and I haven't had any issues. 

Hey ListedMIA, I'm glad to hear it!  I've got an alt account that I use from time to time when I get bored.  I think EVERY veteran player should do this.  I've seen too many people complain about "how easy Warframe is", and they are looking at a collection of max-rank mods, every frame they enjoy has been supercharged, every weapon they enjoy has been supercharged...

Well, down in "n00b country", when you're playing as a typical gamer, with no ability to spend hundreds of dollars on platinum and prime access, the game feels very very different.

I started helping the new players VERY early in my Warframe career.  I remember sitting on the verge of ragequitting this game, sitting at 50 hours, and not one serration.  Mirror_el gave me a Max Shred, Max Split Chamber (neither of which had I ever actually seen) and a rank 6 Serration.  The mods took 38 points to install as a group, so I jammed a catalyst into my Braton, and instantly started slaughtering things.  It was astonishing.  It would be another 59 hours of gameplay before Serration actually dropped in game for me.

My world was changed in an instant.  Suddenly, I was useful to my team, at mid level.  Instead of a dozen bullets to kill an enemy, it would only take one or two.  Feeling that instant power-shift was jaw-dropping.  Most veteran players still remember slowly grinding up in power.  Very few people get the "POOF, YOU'RE AWESOME" feeling in Warframe.

New players start off woefully underpowered, and are thrown into tilesets that everyone races through at insane speeds, sometimes being almost impossible to comprehend how things around them are dying in droves, and when they do get to shoot bullets, it's like firing a squirt gun into the ocean, they're pretty sure they're not affecting anything.

Today's Warframe n00bs become tomorrow's trusted sortie-slaying teammates.  Somebody has to guide them along the way.  It's why I wrote a guide.  I applaud your efforts to watch Warframe with the eyes of a new player with no pile of epic mods to make the grind feel tolerable.  

Edited by EvilKam
wrong wording