Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[PS4] Chat Feedback and Suggestions

(PSN)jesse45

So like many of you, am not liking the new chat very much. Yeah it look sleek and new, but the functionality control is not working for us on console.

Here are my main complaints about it:

• I have to press X to type, no longer Square
    • I, like many, have gotten used to pressing Square
  • Name list is no longer showing as default and needs to be toggled
  • Cannot type while name list is out
  • Emojis are not clickable
  • Background of chat window is transparent when not in direct window
    • makes it difficult to read at times
  • Chat window fades away and no longer stays up when outside of chat
    • it was pretty efficient to have chat up and do other stuff

Now much of this could easily be fixed by:

• Switch Chat button back to Square
  • Leaving name list back as default on right of chat window (always showing) (frees up Triangle button)
    • Allows chat to still show, and be easily accessible with Square
    • Triangle can toggle Emoji list which replaces the name list section
    • Easily toggle between name list and Emoji list with Triangle
      • You can still navigate between this with the D-Pad controls
      • You can still click on these with X (including emojis)
  • Give us an option in the menu that controls whether we want our chat window to fade away when not directly in the chat window

Hopefully this gives some idea and suggestions for a better chat window for consoles. 

Anyone have any comments or suggestions? Or maybe somewhere where I messed something up?

Edited by (PS4)jesse45
spelling, clarification

Replace Close all option... Right now is right above invite which some1 like me who loves doing trades and chatting ingame is like a "destroy all" button... 

The best it would be to put everything back to the previous layout. It feels like I have to re-learn everything and this one is way more difficult to get use to than the previous one.

Edited by (PS4)SparkOne666

I agree having to open and close name tab to invite, chat get very frustrating and if there is going to be a emoji tab at least let us select the emoji instead of having to type it out,

the new chat works great on ps4 but needs to be changed to be able to support controllers

3 hours ago, (PS4)tknowles said:

I agree having to open and close name tab to invite, chat get very frustrating and if there is going to be a emoji tab at least let us select the emoji instead of having to type it out,

the new chat works great on ps4 but needs to be changed to be able to support controllers

You literally contradicted yourself. Last part of your post is basically " it's working great except it's broken garbage". 

On a side note, my long time suspicion that updates are not playtested is getting more evidence. 

I'm not going to be especially bashful here, but be honest.. Would you open new chat and play around with it for 2 minutes and then honestly say that it's working fine with dualshock 3?

Do the devs even try using their new systems with controllers?

TBH the whole console experience could be improved and PS4 has a touch pad which can be utilized for a mouse mode to hover over things to show discriptions of mods or whatever else hover option is on PC. 

Even Final Fantasy 14 allows console players to push down R3 to enter a mouse mode that you can navigate with your sticks to interact with your UI like you would on PC.