The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

what i think about the new chat

(PSN)jedion

a bit harder to chat

message button don't work unless you close this and that. if list is open or a-z scroll is open X =for message wont open takes a bit to learn

see thru message box a bit hard to read if there's a light behind it. other than that everything looks lovely

Agreed.It was a system simple and genius before u 18.5. Now to just say thanks after a trade press triangle to close name tab,x for text,triangle again for name tab to close tab.It feels like combos from a fighting game.More it feels like replace the good working system with some unnecessary complicated system.On pc i can somehow understand this,its mouseclicks as usual.On consoles the game is not so textbased and learning a buttoncombo for an simple answer now...?Most console gamers play while in a party and talk.The new chat system in my eyes is not build for consoles ,the old was.

The new chat is horrible. It's so annoying to use and things that I could do by pressing 2 buttons now take 5 or 6. I really hate the icons as well. It's hard to notice when there's a new message in clan or something. Before it use to be bright orange and easily noticeable. Now it's just a small little white flash every now and then. I really wish we could have the old chat back. I honestly don't care for the emoji's, especially when I have to type it out instead of just selecting it from the list. 

The chat is also broken. Sometimes the chat messages appear near the bottom of the screen so you only see the top half or so.

Edited by (PS4)adam4213

It's actually terrible and should be addressed. 

DE really needs to start optimizing things for consoles and controllers, not copy/paste PC and do nothing to improve the console experience. 

Geez, got a friggen touch pad on the DS4 and they haven't even utilized a mouse function for things like hovering over mods in trade to see their stats etc. 

Why does the chat user list need to be colapsable anyway and why can't I resize the window. 

DE go play some Final Fantasy 14 for PS4 and see how their UI works for controller and take some notes. 

23 hours ago, (PS4)kkdawg033182 said:

Chatting seems like a new mini game.

Off: That made my day. :,D

ON:

This new chat system totally f@?!d up the whisper messages. If you are chatting with 3-4 different players, for instence a b c and d, and "d" send you a private message that message also shows up on a b c players panels. I HOPE this is a bug, and not the way it meant to be.

Edited by (PS4)SparkOne666