The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

6 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei nodded. "Yes, please."

"A shot of Nobel, and a shot of bourbon, please." -Rhys noted to the Osprey, which darted off, now convinced these two were going to be completely drunk by the time they left.- "Hmm...Well, I don't know a ton about you other than your name and occupation.  If it's no trouble, mind giving me your story, Sei?"

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

"A shot of Nobel, and a shot of bourbon, please." -Rhys noted to the Osprey, which darted off, now convinced these two were going to be completely drunk by the time they left.- "Hmm...Well, I don't know a ton about you other than your name and occupation.  If it's no trouble, mind giving me your story, Sei?"

Sei nodded. "Of course. It's only fair. As you know, I'm a hacker. My parents never liked that, and well, neither did anyone else. So I learned to flip them all off and live my own life. Being a computer genius, I was always seen as a weirdo. Only guy that ever accepted me was Cid, and he vanished. That was when I was seven. I don't remember much afterwards, only the more fun moments I experienced whilst doing my job. Heck, I don't remember the date, time or year, how old I am, what my parents were called or looked like, or even the name of my Kubrow. If I hadn't gone here, I might even have forgotten my own name..."

33 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei nodded. "Of course. It's only fair. As you know, I'm a hacker. My parents never liked that, and well, neither did anyone else. So I learned to flip them all off and live my own life. Being a computer genius, I was always seen as a weirdo. Only guy that ever accepted me was Cid, and he vanished. That was when I was seven. I don't remember much afterwards, only the more fun moments I experienced whilst doing my job. Heck, I don't remember the date, time or year, how old I am, what my parents were called or looked like, or even the name of my Kubrow. If I hadn't gone here, I might even have forgotten my own name..."

-Rhys nodded.- "Well, I like that you're a wiz at your job.  Is that something?  Still, jeez.  ...Aj, right.  Date is, in Earth cycles, August 27th.  The time varies by zone, and I've no idea either, personally.  So there's that, in a way." -He winced.- "I...I suppose I ought to tell you my story as well.  It might clear up more than a few things.  If you want me to, mind."

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys nodded.- "Well, I like that you're a wiz at your job.  Is that something?  Still, jeez.  ...Aj, right.  Date is, in Earth cycles, August 27th.  The time varies by zone, and I've no idea either, personally.  So there's that, in a way." -He winced.- "I...I suppose I ought to tell you my story as well.  It might clear up more than a few things.  If you want me to, mind."

"I'd like to hear it, but I won't force you if you'd prefer not to tell."

5 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I'd like to hear it, but I won't force you if you'd prefer not to tell."

-Rhys nodded.- "Ok.  By now, I assume you've heard of the Zariman Ten Zero, right?  The supposed mechanical failure that held children on board?  I was among them.  When we were found...I don't recall much of what was said or by who.  What I do recall is this feeling of dread.  This looming thought that I was about to die.  Then, Maeghulis took me in.  Took us all in.  Began trying to cure us.  This much, I bet, you know.  What you don't know is that, in the process of simply living aboard, my arm got so badly exposed to Void energy that they decided to up and amputate it.  The first order of business in Ballas's weaponization as giving me this." -The armor around his left arm clicks away, revealing a metallic left arm, long since faded from the colors of the Orokin.  Or Rhys opted to paint over it.- "Care for me to continue?"

10 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Still it's unsettling at times. It's just weird that often it feels like I'm actually talking to a human and not just lines of codes."

"Then whoever designed her AI is a bloody genius and deserves credit. I can't even make up a convincing AI."

3 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys nodded.- "Ok.  By now, I assume you've heard of the Zariman Ten Zero, right?  The supposed mechanical failure that held children on board?  I was among them.  When we were found...I don't recall much of what was said or by who.  What I do recall is this feeling of dread.  This looming thought that I was about to die.  Then, Maeghulis took me in.  Took us all in.  Began trying to cure us.  This much, I bet, you know.  What you don't know is that, in the process of simply living aboard, my arm got so badly exposed to Void energy that they decided to up and amputate it.  The first order of business in Ballas's weaponization as giving me this." -The armor around his left arm clicks away, revealing a metallic left arm, long since faded from the colors of the Orokin.  Or Rhys opted to paint over it.- "Care for me to continue?"

Sei nodded. "This is all quite interesting. I don't know much about the Voidwarp Incident, or about what happened after. Haven't been able to find many logs."

6 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei nodded. "This is all quite interesting. I don't know much about the Voidwarp Incident, or about what happened after. Haven't been able to find many logs."

"After Marghulis was executed, we were drafted into the Old War.  There, I met my best friend, Ambrose.  He saved my life, I saved his, he helped me adapt to civilian life post-War, and then we were put into the Dream.  And, well, cryostasis.  Then we skip to the modern age.  Woke up.  Found my old gear.  Fought all the way to Uranus.  ...Then Ambrose got killed.  A Manic.  ...I'm not going into details.  Partly out of anger, partly out os a desire to avenge Ambrose, and partly due to anarchy taking over for a bit there, I joined with the Red Veil.  The rest, as they say, is history."

Just now, Sintag said:

"After Marghulis was executed, we were drafted into the Old War.  There, I met my best friend, Ambrose.  He saved my life, I saved his, he helped me adapt to civilian life post-War, and then we were put into the Dream.  And, well, cryostasis.  Then we skip to the modern age.  Woke up.  Found my old gear.  Fought all the way to Uranus.  ...Then Ambrose got killed.  A Manic.  ...I'm not going into details.  Partly out of anger, partly out os a desire to avenge Ambrose, and partly due to anarchy taking over for a bit there, I joined with the Red Veil.  The rest, as they say, is history."

Sei nodded. "I... See. Perhaps..."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Sei nodded. "Yes. If it were possible for me to scan any physical samples of your friend's remains, I might be able to Assimilate and digitaly recreate him."

"It's been over a year by now.  If they haven't incinerated the body, I'd be amazed."

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"Even ashes would be able to do."

"...Huh.  That powerful, eh?  ...Well, the first thing we'd need to do is FIND the ashes, and I've no idea where to look...Wait.  Waitwaitwait.  Lemme bring something in."  -A Nikana warps in, a small amount of Void energy fading away.  The word, 'Remember', lay on the sheath,-  "This sword used to be /Ambrose's.  Think we can use that?"

3 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"...Huh.  That powerful, eh?  ...Well, the first thing we'd need to do is FIND the ashes, and I've no idea where to look...Wait.  Waitwaitwait.  Lemme bring something in."  -A Nikana warps in, a small amount of Void energy fading away.  The word, 'Remember', lay on the sheath,-  "This sword used to be /Ambrose's.  Think we can use that?"

"It might work. Allow me to try."

Sei started scanning the sword.

5 hours ago, Ghost333 said:

"Then whoever designed her AI is a bloody genius and deserves credit. I can't even make up a convincing AI."

"They certainly do, they certainly are someone who took pride in their work. From what she told me she also has a bit of more rare Orokin tech in her body which I'm pretty sure of should have been illegal back in the Orokin Era. Does make me wonder who wanted to take such a big risk for an AI."

5 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"They certainly do, they certainly are someone who took pride in their work. From what she told me she also has a bit of more rare Orokin tech in her body which I'm pretty sure of should have been illegal back in the Orokin Era. Does make me wonder who wanted to take such a big risk for an AI."

"Maybe her AI is designed off a lost loved one?" Umbra mused. "It's not entirely unheard of for grieving widows and widowers to try and recapture lost loves one way or another."

2 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

"Maybe her AI is designed off a lost loved one?" Umbra mused. "It's not entirely unheard of for grieving widows and widowers to try and recapture lost loves one way or another."

"That could be possible, but still building it into a warframe instead of something more akin to an android seems odd to me. Like if the orokin would figure it out they would take the warframe away and probably execute whoever made it."

Just now, kyrozon said:

"That could be possible, but still building it into a warframe instead of something more akin to an android seems odd to me. Like if the orokin would figure it out they would take the warframe away and probably execute whoever made it."

"Why settle for second rate when you can get the best? Besides, it's not like a Warframe is unarmed. Or easy to capture."

2 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

"Why settle for second rate when you can get the best? Besides, it's not like a Warframe is unarmed. Or easy to capture."

"That's true, but still would such an action be worth the risk considering what the higher ups would do upon discovery?"

4 hours ago, Ghost333 said:

Umbra paused for a good minute, pondering the query.
"Yes."

"So you would be willing to risk everything for a loved one? I wouldn't really be able to say honestly, atleast not untill I'm actually faced with such situation."

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"So you would be willing to risk everything for a loved one? I wouldn't really be able to say honestly, atleast not untill I'm actually faced with such situation."

"I already have risked everything for a loved one." Umbra said coolly. "Several god damn times. Hell, making sure Lysandra is still around is the last bloody thing I have keeping me sane."
And keeping me from committing assisted suicideThat last part he kept to himself.