The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

He kept his silence again and attempted to distinguish her features for the second time. Besides that he visually frowned when she touched him without a permission.

Her features are soft, and she is quite attractive. The only thing offputting about her is the air of disdain that seems to flow from her, as if she secretly hates some aspect of the world.

She notices the frown and pulls her hand back, then mimes laughing at some joke.

"That's so funny." She says. Her voice is not unpleasant, save for the note of disdain.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The arm melts away to reveal a forest clearing. Trees tower overhead, birds chirping and sunlight filtering down like liquid gold. All sorts of small beetles scurry beneath the moss underfoot, their black shells appearing as obsidian gemstones. 

Small spores of some flower or plant drift through the air. You can sense something powerful and dangerous beyond the edge of the woods, but the clearing feels safe. Namira stands in the middle of it, now in a green dress and twirls.

"Isn't it marvelous?" She asks. Her face has all the wonder of a child discovering a new flower in the garden.

Ace looked around and grimaced. "It... Hurts a bit... But despite the pain, it's still... Beautiful."

55 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

snoop

He attempted to call for the hostess Ember, whenever she may be in the hall

"Hey gal, is that supposed to be that sweet n' bosomy valkyr friend of yours that you wanted to hook me up with?"

He refocused back on the girl. Seems like he was sensing her haughtiness with the hide on his back, and he did not react kindly to it.

"I can't scratch a memory 'bout you, ye hoity-toity layde"

He attempted to perceive her frame or clothing she was in

"And the last time I chinwagged with a hungover fairy, she was sweeter than you"

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Hurts?" Namira asks. "Your eyes? I can tone down the light if you need."

She sounds aplogetic.

"No, it's okay. I was just getting used to having eyes and being able to see. Although I would appreciate a bit less light..."

Ace looked around the clearing in awe.

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Hey gal, is that supposed to be that sweet n' bosomy valkyr friend of yours that you wanted to hook me up with?"

He refocused back on the girl. Seems like he was sensing her haughtiness with the hide on his back, and he did not react kindly to it.

"And the last time I chinwagged with a hungover fairy, she was sweeter than you"

She is wearing a Gersemi Valkyr.  

"Fairy!" She splutters. "I...you...ugggh!"

She throws her hands up and then finds them, burying her head in the counter.

13 minutes ago, Teloch said:

((Pls don't make me post here >~<...))

[color=orange]"Huh? Nah, she had stuff to do, and she's always so teasingly secretive about that stuff... wait, since when are you awake?"[/color]

Edited by Denny2669
How are the colors not working?

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

"No, it's okay. I was just getting used to having eyes and being able to see. Although I would appreciate a bit less light..."

Ace looked around the clearing in awe.

The light dims to evening levels. 

"I don't know what I'd do if I was blind." She confesses, sitting on a moss covered boulder. "The world is full of so many beautiful things. It seems a shame to miss them."

A burgundy and gray butterfly wings over to you. It flutters judgementalky in your face before darting over to perch on Namira's outstretched finger.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The light dims to evening levels. 

"I don't know what I'd do if I was blind." She confesses, sitting on a moss covered boulder. "The world is full of so many beautiful things. It seems a shame to miss them."

A burgundy and gray butterfly wings over to you. It flutters judgementalky in your face before darting over to perch on Namira's outstretched finger.

"I can... See that now. But let me ask you. What does a flower smell like to you? And how does a bird's song sound? How does a breeze feel on your skin, and what does water taste like?"

11 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Huh? Nah, she had stuff to do, and she's always so teasingly secretive about that stuff... wait, since when are you awake?"

"Aww bollocks" he muttered without giving an answer to the awakening question. 

The valkyr that shook him up was clearly not the one he expected. He found those standard aggressively defensive valkyrs somewhat cute, but this particular one was defensively aggressive. Not wishing to stick into more nuisances, he simply opened his frames bort computer to figure out what was the reason that led him here, for how long he stayed in this bar, and what the hell did he expect to find here at the first place

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I can... See that now. But let me ask you. What does a flower smell like to you? And how does a bird's song sound? How does a breeze feel on your skin, and what does water taste like?"

She flicks a finger, dislodging the butterfly, with flutters away angrily.

"Show me." She says. 

The world around you suddenly feels malleable, as if you could change aspects of it with a simple thought.

5 hours ago, Sintag said:

-Ray's smile didn't go away.- "Mind if I have some of that vodka?"

"Well, kinda. It's my Vodka." She said. "I don't mind buyin' ya a bottle or three, though. Barkeep! Two vodkas on me!"
The Osprey beeped as it fished two bottles of vodka from somewhere under the bar and placed them in front of the two before buzzing off to another patron.

((...has the format for the chat box changed for anyone else? I no longer have a text colour changing thing and had to copy+paste already modified text to get Lysandra's colour text.))

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She flicks a finger, dislodging the butterfly, with flutters away angrily.

"Show me." She says. 

The world around you suddenly feels malleable, as if you could change aspects of it with a simple thought.

The world went entirely dark, to the point nothing was visible anymore. A strong, pleasantly sweet smell wafted through the area, and a bird started singing a far more beautiful song than normal. A pleasant breeze blew through the area, creating an odd sense of comfort. A pleasant, softly sweet liquid flowed into their mouthes for a second before the world regained visibility.

Edited by KuraioNokami

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

The world went entirely dark, to the point nothing was visible anymore. A strong, pleasantly sweet smell wafted through the area, and a bird started singing a far more beautiful song than normal. A pleasant breeze blew through the area, creating an odd sense of comfort. A pleasant, softly sweet liquid flowed into their mouthes for a second before the world regained visibility.

"Is." Namira asks. "Is that what the world is like for you?"

The course of events preceding his visit to this establishment began to float to the surface of his memory like drops of grease staining the water surface. The sheity rescue run with unbearably annoying targets, the irritation over being fined for slapping those targets, the visit to this bar, five shots in total, the pinball machine, a bit of melancholy, extinguishing an ember from the fire (things do happen), falling asleep while waiting for his date... After reproducing the whole picture, he massaged his forehead. Not only it hurt, but he felt crappy overall, even emotionally. He wistfully took the last - the sixth - shot standing before him all this time, and gulped it in one go. After that, he turned around to witness the madness happening in the hall, but his thoughts were more focused on the reasons behind his stay here.

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Ghost333 said:

"Well, kinda. It's my Vodka." She said. "I don't mind buyin' ya a bottle or three, though. Barkeep! Two vodkas on me!"
The Osprey beeped as it fished two bottles of vodka from somewhere under the bar and placed them in front of the two before buzzing off to another patron.

((...has the format for the chat box changed for anyone else? I no longer have a text colour changing thing and had to copy+paste already modified text to get Lysandra's colour text.))

((Yes, and it irritates me so much.))

((EDIT: THEY READDED THE COLOR PICKER YEEEEEEES))

-A spark shot off the old suit, and Ray flinched.- "Me me me me meeeeeeee...Huh.  The modulator WAS on!" -His voice is scarily good, and could function as a smooth jazz singer in another lifetime.- "And thanks for the vodka." -He downed a tenth of the bottle in one swig.-

Edited by Sintag
COLOR PICKER HYPE

((AHA! THE TEXT COLOUR CHANGER IS BACK! WHOOP WHOOP!))
((With that in mind, I am retroactively editing the speech! WITH COLOUR!))

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

((Yes, and it irritates me so much.))

-A spark shot off the old suit, and Ray flinched.- "Me me me me meeeeeeee...Huh.  The modulator WAS on!" -His voice is scarily good, and could function as a smooth jazz singer in another lifetime.- "And thanks for the vodka." -He downed a tenth of the bottle in one swig.-

"Huh...I didn't really notice it. Guess I spent too much time hearing Umbra's voice."
"Anytime, sexy." 
Lysandra added with a wink.

-Ray smiled, blushing at the birdbrain's wink.  How strong waz this stuff?-  "I see.  Hm.  Well, I figure this is some strong, strong stuff..." -Rest in peace another tenth of the bottle, though he caps it off quickly and sets it aside.  Stuff's hilariously strong.-