Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

3 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"A very rigid place.  Yet at the same time, rough.  Rugged.  A strange refined look to it all, nonetheless.  Yet your mind...I can tell you're pacing your thoughts.  That's good.  Most people who open their minds are a maelstrom of thoughts and emotions, pouring into it like some painting a child could one-up.  That I'm seeing a scene here is proof positive you've learned."

-Her voice sounds as though there were two additional Cres speaking alongside her, her red eye gleaming omniously, standing stark from her pale face.-

"But let's go a little deeper, hrm?"  -Calmly, she begins poking into the deeper layers of Fareed's mind...-

As you go deeper stone partially gives way to a mix of Tenno and Orokin architecture. It seems random, as if the designer didn't know which he wanted and tried to throw in a bit of each for comparison. 

The rooms are filled with spare decorations, yet even here there is a rigidity. The sculptures not in the walls are lined up neatly, the panels are stacked. The unused items are sorted. This is the mind of someone who firmly believes everything has a place.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you go deeper stone partially gives way to a mix of Tenno and Orokin architecture. It seems random, as if the designer didn't know which he wanted and tried to throw in a bit of each for comparison. 

The rooms are filled with spare decorations, yet even here there is a rigidity. The sculptures not in the walls are lined up neatly, the panels are stacked. The unused items are sorted. This is the mind of someone who firmly believes everything has a place.

"...OK...Odd.  Orokin-Tenno designs were mostly abandoned, I thought.  And it's...random.  Scattershot, one might say.  It's all still rigid.  So...Planned.  In either case, it beats my apartment in terms of neatness."  -Cre withdrew from Fareed's head and staggered back a half step.-  "Gah...Sorry, psyonic backlash.  Gimme a sec to recover."

2 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"...OK...Odd.  Orokin-Tenno designs were mostly abandoned, I thought.  And it's...random.  Scattershot, one might say.  It's all still rigid.  So...Planned.  In either case, it beats my apartment in terms of neatness."  -Cre withdrew from Fareed's head and staggered back a half step.-  "Gah...Sorry, psyonic backlash.  Gimme a sec to recover."

He seems sheepish about the differing structures.

"I have spent much time apart from my people." He says. "Learning new ideas, seeing new sights. Some say it has changed me. Some think I am conflicted."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He seems sheepish about the differing structures.

"I have spent much time apart from my people." He says. "Learning new ideas, seeing new sights. Some say it has changed me. Some think I am conflicted."

"I...see." -Cre's words are slightly slurred, the backlash fading slowly.-  "I can see why they say that.  The differences were major.  But more to the point; If you're an ambassador between your people and the Tenno, what are you doing in a speed dating bar?  We have councilors; And I definitely know a guy who can get you to them."

16 minutes ago, Sintag said:

"I...see." -Cre's words are slightly slurred, the backlash fading slowly.-  "I can see why they say that.  The differences were major.  But more to the point; If you're an ambassador between your people and the Tenno, what are you doing in a speed dating bar?  We have councilors; And I definitely know a guy who can get you to them."

"I am... on leave." He says. "My father is outraged at the council after an incident and I have been told to lay low for a while until both parties are ready to speak again. I though I would take some time to get to know some Tenno. Form a few friendships. And perhaps meet someone special."

8 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Lathi's head tilted downwards till her gaze met with Erica's definition of overcompensation, and chuckled. "Mine's still bigger."

She then grinned playfully, and looked at her "Wanna fill me with all nine shots?"

There will be laughter...

Erica laughs. "This is just the sidearm! My real gun is on the ship. Nice old beaut of a gun, M-7 Tiberon Dax pattern. Stole it from a lockup on a galleon. So only nine shots, huh, lightweight?" she asks, grinning, as she orders a bottle of Martian whiskey.

Soon, a tray with 2 shot glasses and a tall brown bottle stands on the table. Erica pulls out a small green bottle from her pocket.

"Detox jet," she says, pointing to the small bottle. "Drink it if you give up. Cures hangovers nice too."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Erica laughs as she downs a shot. "Last one in's a Corpus buckethead!"

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I am... on leave." He says. "My father is outraged at the council after an incident and I have been told to lay low for a while until both parties are ready to speak again. I though I would take some time to get to know some Tenno. Form a few friendships. And perhaps meet someone special."

-Cre nodded calmly.  What could she say to this?-  "I see.  Huh."  -The backlash seems to have cleared out.-  "Gah, finally, it's done with.  Ah, right.  Most of my tricks involve messing with the outer layers of my enemies' minds.  If I delve too deep, pulling my mental self from the brain causes a small backlash.  Depending on how far I've gone, I might even suffer...quirks.  Little bits of that person's personality integrate into mine.  Now usually those clear out in a week, or with some booze.  Thankfully, I don't think that's gonna happen."  -Her words had cleared up now.-  "OK, so that's the who and the why, and you're not lying.  ...Anyhow, drink?"

9 hours ago, Sintag said:

-Cre nodded calmly.  What could she say to this?-  "I see.  Huh."  -The backlash seems to have cleared out.-  "Gah, finally, it's done with.  Ah, right.  Most of my tricks involve messing with the outer layers of my enemies' minds.  If I delve too deep, pulling my mental self from the brain causes a small backlash.  Depending on how far I've gone, I might even suffer...quirks.  Little bits of that person's personality integrate into mine.  Now usually those clear out in a week, or with some booze.  Thankfully, I don't think that's gonna happen."  -Her words had cleared up now.-  "OK, so that's the who and the why, and you're not lying.  ...Anyhow, drink?"

"I suppose I can indulge myself." He says. "I am no longer shaman of my people, and besides a good drink never killed anyone."

He looks at the menu.

"Though I must admit I am unaware of these drinks." He says. "What do you suggest?"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"I suppose I can indulge myself." He says. "I am no longer shaman of my people, and besides a good drink never killed anyone."

He looks at the menu.

"Though I must admit I am unaware of these drinks." He says. "What do you suggest?"

-A moment's hesitation as Cre flags down a server osprey.-  "Personally,I recommend vodka.  It's never let me down, either from psionic backlash or just aiming for a good time.  As a note, though, it's quite strong.  I'd start you off with some red wine.  But, that's me.  Order what you want."

1 hour ago, Sintag said:

-A moment's hesitation as Cre flags down a server osprey.-  "Personally,I recommend vodka.  It's never let me down, either from psionic backlash or just aiming for a good time.  As a note, though, it's quite strong.  I'd start you off with some red wine.  But, that's me.  Order what you want."

"I will have half a serving of each." He says to the osprey.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2017 at 7:51 AM, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, you're on!" said Lathi, cookiness almost oozing out of her grin. She downed her shot, left with little to no visible effect.

"Your turn, future boxhead."

Erica's phone dials and she looks at the screen

*RIIING*

She takes the call in that thread and returns to the table.

Boxhead, huh? You're looking at Steel Meridian's finest human Protector General on Ceres. I fight boxheads for a living.

*downs two shots*

Double or nothing. Come on, you're a big girl now, aren't you?

*Erica returns the grin*

-It's at this point in time a Mirage...And her four clones...All step into the bar.  The clones immediately dispel themselves, leaving only her.  With the Winter skin on her, her eyes scan the bar of...mostly sleepy patrons, most of whom carry doodled on mustaches and beards, thanks to an edgelord's sense of "humor".-  "...Well, they weren't kidding, I suppose."  -Manned to her back is a Synoid Simulor, a black-on-red Kulstar sits at her hip, and a pair of Telos Boltace are crossed over her back as well.  In other words, if someone were to take cheesiness in most any mission and personify it, this woman would be it.-  "...Everyone DOES have doodled on facial hair.  Ha."  -She chuckled, then found yet another empty table and staked her claim.-

-Meanwhile, Cre's shot of red wine had arrived.-  "Cheers."

6 hours ago, Sintag said:

-It's at this point in time a Mirage...And her four clones...All step into the bar.  The clones immediately dispel themselves, leaving only her.  With the Winter skin on her, her eyes scan the bar of...mostly sleepy patrons, most of whom carry doodled on mustaches and beards, thanks to an edgelord's sense of "humor".-  "...Well, they weren't kidding, I suppose."  -Manned to her back is a Synoid Simulor, a black-on-red Kulstar sits at her hip, and a pair of Telos Boltace are crossed over her back as well.  In other words, if someone were to take cheesiness in most any mission and personify it, this woman would be it.-  "...Everyone DOES have doodled on facial hair.  Ha."  -She chuckled, then found yet another empty table and staked her claim.-

-Meanwhile, Cre's shot of red wine had arrived.-  "Cheers."

"Cheers." Fareed says.

He mixes the drinks and sips it. 

"Hmm." He says. "It does not burn as much as I thought."

7 hours ago, NinenoTenno said:

Erica's phone dials and she looks at the screen

*RIIING*

She takes the call in that thread and returns to the table.

Boxhead, huh? You're looking at Steel Meridian's finest human Protector General on Ceres. I fight boxheads for a living.

*downs two shots*

Double or nothing. Come on, you're a big girl now, aren't you?

*Erica returns the grin*

"Two? Pff, I'm not a big girl..."

*She said before downing three shots. Her tone was a little bit deeper now, almost teasing.*

"I'm a woman~"

8 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Two? Pff, I'm not a big girl..."

*She said before downing three shots. Her tone was a little bit deeper now, almost teasing.*

"I'm a woman~"

Oh ho ho, stubborn. I like it. *grin*

Erica picks up the bottle and downs it all with still no visible effect other than a slight increase in her foot tapping

And I was alive during the Old Wars. My brothers eat Sentients for a living, and badass runs in the blood. Suck it!

"I... Uh..." said Lathi with a slight slurr in her tone "My brother's been fired from his peaceful job and now I drag him along mission as an extra gun. So no amazing comeback here."

She gripped the bottle, and with slight hesitation, proceeded to down it as well. Though with more difficulty than Erica, and shaking her head once she was done "So don't suck it, unless we're talking about me, in which case you can suck it all!"

"OK, that sounded weird..."

48 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"I... Uh..." said Lathi with a slight slurr in her tone "My brother's been fired from his peaceful job and now I drag him along mission as an extra gun. So no amazing comeback here."

She gripped the bottle, and with slight hesitation, proceeded to down it as well. Though with more difficulty than Erica, and shaking her head once she was done "So don't suck it, unless we're talking about me, in which case you can suck it all!"

"OK, that sounded weird..."

-Everyone's favorite Mirage...well, OK, perhaps the only Mirage here...Got up to examine this.-  "Is this a drinking contest?  And if it is, may I partake?"

On 1/14/2017 at 5:05 AM, Rakawan said:

"Cheers." Fareed says.

He mixes the drinks and sips it. 

"Hmm." He says. "It does not burn as much as I thought."

"Everyone always assumes vodka will be this end-all 'oh no there goes my throat' drink.  It's really not, though.  It's just got a little more alcohol content than other drinks."  -Cre sipped at her wine now, wincing slightly at the dry burn.-

19 hours ago, Sintag said:

"Everyone always assumes vodka will be this end-all 'oh no there goes my throat' drink.  It's really not, though.  It's just got a little more alcohol content than other drinks."  -Cre sipped at her wine now, wincing slightly at the dry burn.-

"So it seems." He says.