The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

On 26 April 2016 at 1:44 AM, Sartactics said:

Esaka: Well, that's a lot of common troubles so this should be easy enough.

"Well not if you are me of course...hehe..."

*meanwhile*

Zenz, who was still invisible, sneaked up to the pinball machine. Unnoticed, she begins tampering around with it but making sure nobody would catch her.

*meanwhile again :|*

On 25 April 2016 at 8:06 PM, KuraioNokami said:

Nuela: "oh, i'm sorry, did i creep you out...? maybe i'm not the most fit to be sitting here... Naela, your turn." *morphs, changing warframes from Nova to Valkyr and suddenly seeming less confident and speaking with a softer voice* 

Naela: "h-hi... i heard from my sister Nuela... we're... Speed Dating, right...? i'm... Naela. n-nice to meet you..."

"(well this is awkward as hell. I should really without making some dumb, witty remark) So...Nice to meet you aswell..."

36 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

*meanwhile*

Zenz, who was still invisible, sneaked up to the pinball machine. Unnoticed, she begins tampering around with it but making sure nobody would catch her.

"(well this is awkward as hell. I should really without making some dumb, witty remark) So...Nice to meet you aswell..."

Esaka: How bad could it go? By the way you want a drink or something?

37 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

*meanwhile*

Naela: "o-oh... sorry, am i weirding you out...? i always do that... my apologies..."

46 minutes ago, Sartactics said:

Esaka: How bad could it go? By the way you want a drink or something?

"A drink would be...very nice..."

*meanwhile*

"It okay (I guess...). So how is it like being two people at once...(what a stupid question, they're obviously going to think I'm joking...)."

4 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"That's the point, though.  This 'allies' and 'enemies' business is ludicrous.  All six want to advance the Tenno cause, but just do it in different ways.  Personally, I think all six have equally valid ways of doing it.  The difference is they seem to think that there has to be conflict, whereas I don't see any reason why there should have been any in the first place.  Other traits I look for?  I don't know.  There's always that certain 'X factor' that no one can quantify, but from experience I'd say that I have more of a set of 'X factors' that I'd need to see..."  She trailed off.  "To tell you the truth I'm not really sure."

"To sum it up, I really see no way to agree with you even more on that syndicate topic. But, I also think that I do understand what do you mean under that "X factor" term. It is a shame that I discovered this ghostly feature in extreme conditions, but a need to live, work, take risks, suffer losses and prevail in harsh conditions with sixteen absolutely different people can surely teach anyone to study human psyche. Maybe it would sound way to allegoric, but this "X factor" is like a bouquet of a beverage. Communication with some people may leave you with a bitter-invigorating aftertaste, others may surround you with coldly strong vibes, rare exemplars may energize you with fresh sweetness, and etc. Psychologists of all epochs have tried to define and to measure this set of features, but they didn't make far past the term of "Charisma" He looked at her teasingly and then added "Perhaps, I could compare you with some noble beverage, but I'm not that moony... yet" He looked at the opposite direction, spotting a duo of ospreys flying their way with a clear intention to serve their collective order. When they began to lay dishes on a coffee table, Cef's singing device signalized a message retrieval fact. Obviously, the Oberon pilot took a look at this ill-timed message, diverting his attention from more pleasant entities and occupations. Ironically, it was just another rookie from Cef's clan, hurrying to inform his sergeant with a "happy" news. 

Donovan: Hey, boss, I sold those Chesa imprints for 400plats! Can you imagine?!
Ceforus: I'm so damnably glad for you that I would ask you not to disturb me this evening. Thank you for your convenience.

Cef returned his attention to his date after closing this annoyingly untimed chat, "So, where were we?"

Edited by Teloch

7 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Alex rolled her eyes.  Coordinates didn't change THAT much, and besides, solar rails made the whole process of trying to figure out where a planet was going to be irrelevant.  "I'm ready when you are."

-Rhys nods-  "Ok, Ordis.  We got someone else and a friend coming along for this one."

-He turns to Aled-  "As am I.  Prepare to crack some skulls."

16 hours ago, Teloch said:

"To sum it up, I really see no way to agree with you even more on that syndicate topic. But, I also think that I do understand what do you mean under that "X factor" term. It is a shame that I discovered this ghostly feature in extreme conditions, but a need to live, work, take risks, suffer losses and prevail in harsh conditions with sixteen absolutely different people can surely teach anyone to study human psyche. Maybe it would sound way to allegoric, but this "X factor" is like a bouquet of a beverage. Communication with some people may leave you with a bitter-invigorating aftertaste, others may surround you with coldly strong vibes, rare exemplars may energize you with fresh sweetness, and etc. Psychologists of all epochs have tried to define and to measure this set of features, but they didn't make far past the term of "Charisma" He looked at her teasingly and then added "Perhaps, I could compare you with some noble beverage, but I'm not that moony... yet" He looked at the opposite direction, spotting a duo of ospreys flying their way with a clear intention to serve their collective order. When they began to lay dishes on a coffee table, Cef's singing device signalized a message retrieval fact. Obviously, the Oberon pilot took a look at this ill-timed message, diverting his attention from more pleasant entities and occupations. Ironically, it was just another rookie from Cef's clan, hurrying to inform his sergeant with a "happy" news. 

Donovan: Hey, boss, I sold those Chesa imprints for 400plats! Can you imagine?!
Ceforus: I'm so damnably glad for you that I would ask you not to disturb me this evening. Thank you for your convenience.

Cef returned his attention to his date after closing this annoyingly untimed chat, "So, where were we?"

((and etc.?  and et cetera?  and and the rest?  - sorry, I'm a Latin student: Latin abbreviations are a pet peeve ;) ))

"We were discussing charisma," Lydia reminded him.  "Don't be so harsh with him, Cef.  I don't mind the interruption so long as he doesn't do it twice."p/color]

16 hours ago, Sintag said:

-Rhys nods-  "Ok, Ordis.  We got someone else and a friend coming along for this one."

-He turns to Alex-  "As am I.  Prepare to crack some skulls."

"Lead on, friend."

Edited by Yzjdriel

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Lead on, friend."

-It takes Ordis some time to bring Rhys to Trinculo.  Upon dropping him off, Rhys takes cover and waits for Alex, opening a communication line between them.-  "Rhys here.  I made it in. 

Edited by Sintag
Forgot to quote, GG Sintag

45 minutes ago, Sintag said:

-It takes Ordis some time to bring Rhys to Trinculo.  Upon dropping him off, Rhys takes cover and waits for Alex, opening a communication line between them.-  "Rhys here.  I made it in.  How close are you?"

((*begin private RP*))

9 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

color=7fff00]"We were discussing charisma,"[/color] Lydia reminded him.  "Don't be so harsh with him, Cef.  I don't mind the interruption so long as he doesn't do it twice."p/color]

"A sound hint that was," he said and switched his on-line status to 'busy' and added "refrain from disturbing unless emergency" comment. "And now, back to the finer things," he noticed casually. "In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas. Eh, Lydia?" he jokingly remembered an old phrase while uncorking the bottle and filling the glasses, "But I hope I'm not being way too chatty. It appears that I'm taking way too much time and initiative, preventing you from saturating your own curiosity. In case If there is any, of course" 

13 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

*meanwhile*

"It okay (I guess...). So how is it like being two people at once...(what a stupid question, they're obviously going to think I'm joking...)."

Esaka: Okay. *calls a martini glass for herself and a glass of Old Fashion for Mayya*

Just now, IllumiMahdi said:

"Martian Jellyfish?" she looked at him with a confused expression.

"You never had one?" the Osprey brough the two plates Martian Jellyfish. It looked more like a fish than a jellyfish, and a sushi lover might find this interesting "It's a dilicatese, mostly for the rich. Although you do need some, how we say, practice to taste the exotic aroma, it's still enjoyable without it" he started eating it, closing his eyes after every bite.

18 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

*meanwhile*

Naela: "That's a... good question... it's strange, really... but i'm glad we are... because i'm still alive because of it... hey, tell me... do you have any family you care about more than anything?"

14 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"You never had one?" the Osprey brough the two plates Martian Jellyfish. It looked more like a fish than a jellyfish, and a sushi lover might find this interesting "It's a dilicatese, mostly for the rich. Although you do need some, how we say, practice to taste the exotic aroma, it's still enjoyable without it" he started eating it, closing his eyes after every bite.

She ate normally, surprised at the good taste. 

"Wow."

6 hours ago, Teloch said:

"A sound hint that was," he said and switched his on-line status to 'busy' and added "refrain from disturbing unless emergency" comment. "And now, back to the finer things," he noticed casually. "In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas. Eh, Lydia?" he jokingly remembered an old phrase while uncorking the bottle and filling the glasses, "But I hope I'm not being way too chatty. It appears that I'm taking way too much time and initiative, preventing you from saturating your own curiosity. In case If there is any, of course" 

"Indeed, there is truth in wine.  Though depending on where you go, you'll find varying degrees of health in the water...."  Lydia smiled.  "By all means, continue taking the initiative.  I haven't spoken this much in a long time, so I'm not used to recognizing or voicing my own questions about personality.  If I think of anything, I'll ask."

Edited by Yzjdriel

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Indeed, there is truth in wine.  Though depending on where you go, you'll find varying degrees of health in the water...."  Lydia smiled.  "By all means, continue taking the initiative.  I haven't spoken this much in a long time, so I'm not used to recognizing or voicing my own questions about personality.  If I think of anything, I'll ask."

"Haven't spoken that much in a long time?... You know what? If you ever consider to threw a parting party to your current partner, you should also issue him for mistreating his accomplice". Cef sniffed the appetizing aroma spreading from their food. "Do they clone ducks or something?" he thought to himself while inspecting Lydia's order. "So, earlier you mentioned that you're a decent cook. What are you preferences in this field? just in advance, I'd say that cooking is far from my top skills, arguably unlike tasting"

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Haven't spoken that much in a long time?... You know what? If you ever consider to threw a parting party to your current partner, you should also issue him for mistreating his accomplice". Cef sniffed the appetizing aroma spreading from their food. "Do they clone ducks or something?" he thought to himself while inspecting Lydia's order. "So, earlier you mentioned that you're a decent cook. What are you preferences in this field? just in advance, I'd say that cooking is far from my top skills, arguably unlike tasting"

"Do you know where they get these?" she asked him, gesturing to her duck.  "I never ask.  My preferences?  Like, favorite things to cook?  Pretty much all the things that aren't good for you.  Mostly desserts."

33 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Do you know where they get these?" she asked him, gesturing to her duck.  "I never ask.  My preferences?  Like, favorite things to cook?  Pretty much all the things that aren't good for you.  Mostly desserts."

"One has a right to have a guilty pleasure or two, isn't that so? Do you remember that Rhino you asked me about? He's equally good with machine guns and bakery, and, surprisingly, he uses this same "aren't good for you" argument each time when he's not in a charitable mood. I tried to gain some proficiency in some kitchens, but those attempts were not very successful, alas". Cef lift up his glass with wine for a toast before starting to devour his treat, "For far personal horizons, peace, and guilty pleasures"

Edited by Teloch

51 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"One has a right to have a guilty pleasure or two, isn't that so? Do you remember that Rhino you asked me about? He's equally good with machine guns and bakery, and, surprisingly, he uses this same "aren't good for you" argument each time when he's not in a charitable mood. I tried to gain some proficiency in some kitchens, but those attempts were not very successful, alas". Cef lift up his glass with wine for a toast before starting to devour his treat, "For far personal horizons, peace, and guilty pleasures"

"True, true.  Though too many guilty pleasures can lead to both a guilty conscience and an APB on you."

*clink*

"Speaking of guilty pleasures... nevermind."

23 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"True, true.  Though too many guilty pleasures can lead to both a guilty conscience and an APB on you."

*clink*

"Speaking of guilty pleasures... nevermind."

"You, women, have very specific yet effective methods of bringing up the topics you wish to discuss. So, go on. I won't be the one who call an APB on your head if you decide to tell me more about those guilty pleasures of yours... Unless you wish to leave this topic for a dessert"

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"You, women, have very specific yet effective methods of bringing up the topics you wish to discuss. So, go on. I won't be the one who call an APB on your head if you decide to tell me more about those guilty pleasures of yours... Unless you wish to leave this topic for a dessert"

((I've learned quite a bit about pointed statements from my girlfriend XP))

"I was going to say that eating good food with good people is a guilty pleasure, but there's nothing guilty about it really."