The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Indy seemed to perk up thanks to Ovan's words. "Heh... thanks."

Ovan shook his head. "There is no need to thank me for telling the truth. The 'Tri' i mentioned earlier is a Cephalon with a warframe, and yet you act far more human than even he does. If not for the robotic undertone to your voice, i would not have been able to tell the difference. I, personaly, do not care if you are biological or mechanical. You are as human as any of us. I believe you might even be more human than me..."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Ovan shook his head. "There is no need to thank me for telling the truth. The 'Tri' i mentioned earlier is a Cephalon with a warframe, and yet you act far more human than even he does. If not for the robotic undertone to your voice, i would not have been able to tell the difference. I, personaly, do not care if you are biological or mechanical. You are as human as any of us. I believe you might even be more human than me..."

"Me being more human then an actual human? Sounds kinda funny to me." A small light started blinking on the panel on her arm. "Oh it seems like Tallen needs me, it was nice talking with you Ovan but i need to go." 

13 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

"Really now? From what I remember, the usual comanders and drill officers of the Orokin era were almost as cruel and selfish as the Orokin themselves. Politenes was an uncommon word in their rude and arrogant language. No wonder nobody with the least ammount confidence gave them respect willingly, if any at all. This Ralph seems to be a good and sensual man, also breaking his overused stereotype just like you do. He also seems to have shaped you alot, or you just coincidentaly happend to be similar men" she listened to the calm and old sounding music, as if remembering something "How intriguing... I feel like I heard such an antique melody before, or maybe something constructionaly similar, possibly by the same composer? Eitherway, you seem to have guessed not too far from my personaly preference. Although we could say that mostly anything from the old world sounds appealing to me, I prefer to play or sing the music myself. I don't know if you have noticed, and I don't blame you if you didn't, but I'm quite a popular singer, guessible by my voice" she seemed not too confident sharing this information, but quickly regained her composure to answer the Rhinos question. "Indeed it is, I have to agree. Some people can sound so irritatingly dull sometimes when they answer every one of your carefully thought out senteces with one or two simple words. I understant that there's beauty in simplicity, but more than this is intentional, it's just pure laziness and a lack of interest. Finally meeting someone speaking the same intelectual 'language' feels like a well deserved rest from the everyday troubles of dealing with borred and attention hungry Loki users..." she seemed to realize that she trailed off a bit into what seemed to be a kind off rant "Oh, I'm sorry. Seems like I got carried away, I often happen to do that when lack of voice comunication takes its place..."

"No need to be tense, Melody. Judging by how often do I allow myself to complain about rookie operatives missing their self-preservation instinct and overexcited Volt pilots who can be passable only when unconscious, it would be too hypocritical of me to reproach someone for giving vent to their feelings. Besides, you have that enjoyable manner of speech which has a ghostly border between speaking and singing. The fact you do have these occasional shortages of voice communication seem to be of rather mysterious nature from my point of view". While the man was trying to make the lady feel more comfortable and also utterly flattering her, the tune on his organizer changed - the device proceeded to vocalize a slightly more jovial rhapsody. "But returning to the previous topic, there is a chance that my guild possesses something that may be to your liking," he nodded at the vigorous Oberon who was harassing the poor pinball apparatus, "That jolly secret informant of yours leads a digital archive of various cultural data, featuring music, texts, and images. Sometimes our operatives come across data and items that have no value except cultural, and so these files end up in Cef's database. What started as his personal hobby, is now a little humanitarian mission carried by our not very numerous but remarkably well-armed society," Teloch said while occupying more comfortable pose, "Not so long ago, we had a very strange - if not eery - contract. The job turned out to be surprisingly difficult even by veterans standards, and in the end, we got nothing except the data mass containing terabytes of data that can only be described as civilizational heritage or a cultural "time capsule". That was clearly not what we expected to find, and the job left more questions than answers..." he paused briefly, trying to dispell the memories of that mysterious case, "Anyway, it won't be hard to persuade Cef to make a copy of that archive specifically for you, since sharing it will also boost the chances of that data to survive up to the moment when there would be much higher demand for it". Teloch waved to his now "familiar" waiter osprey to fly its zinc rear for another order, "Since we have touched the topic of magnanimity, would you indulge me via allowing to treat you with something nourishing and/or refreshing?"

Edited by Teloch

6 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Me being more human then an actual human? Sounds kinda funny to me." A small light started blinking on the panel on her arm. "Oh it seems like Tallen needs me, it was nice talking with you Ovan but i need to go." 

Ovan nodded. "I understand. however... Here. take this." he said as he handed her a card with a glowing symbol and some coordinates that changed as he moved on it and a small orb. "The orb is a Chaos Beacon. If you throw it down, itacts as a call for my help. the card allows you to track me if you ever wish to speak to me. the symbol will glow whenever you come close to me..."

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Ovan nodded. "I understand. however... Here. take this." he said as he handed her a card with a glowing symbol and some coordinates that changed as he moved on it and a small orb. "The orb is a Chaos Beacon. If you throw it down, itacts as a call for my help. the card allows you to track me if you ever wish to speak to me. the symbol will glow whenever you come close to me..."

"I will use it when i need your help. I hope i can see you again soon." Indy got off the chair and quickly hurried out of the bar.

-Rhys paused mid-drink.  Huh?  Had he heard that someone was collecting pre-Old War culture?  He set down his glass and instead downed a good deal of the water, so as not to be entirely tipsy.  After he had downed his water, he begin listening, closing his eyes for a moment as the tune changed to an old violin piece...Which he ruefully had to turn down.-

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 0:44 PM, Teloch said:

"No need to be tense, Melody. Judging by how often do I allow myself to complain about rookie operatives missing their self-preservation instinct and overexcited Volt pilots who can be passable only when unconscious, it would be too hypocritical of me to reproach someone for giving vent to their feelings. Besides, you have that enjoyable manner of speech which has a ghostly border between speaking and singing. The fact you do have these occasional shortages of voice communication seem to be of rather mysterious nature from my point of view". While the man was trying to make the lady feel more comfortable and also utterly flattering her, the tune on his organizer changed - the device proceeded to vocalize a slightly more jovial rhapsody. "But returning to the previous topic, there is a chance that my guild possesses something that may be to your liking," he nodded at the vigorous Oberon who was harassing the poor pinball apparatus, "That jolly secret informant of yours leads a digital archive of various cultural data, featuring music, texts, and images. Sometimes our operatives come across data and items that have no value except cultural, and so these files end up in Cef's database. What started as his personal hobby, is now a little humanitarian mission carried by our not very numerous but remarkably well-armed society," Teloch said while occupying more comfortable pose, "Not so long ago, we had a very strange - if not eery - contract. The job turned out to be surprisingly difficult even by veterans standards, and in the end, we got nothing except the data mass containing terabytes of data that can only be described as civilizational heritage or a cultural "time capsule". That was clearly not what we expected to find, and the job left more questions than answers..." he paused briefly, trying to dispell the memories of that mysterious case, "Anyway, it won't be hard to persuade Cef to make a copy of that archive specifically for you, since sharing it will also boost the chances of that data to survive up to the moment when there would be much higher demand for it". Teloch waved to his now "familiar" waiter osprey to fly its zinc rear for another order, "Since we have touched the topic of magnanimity, would you indulge me via allowing to treat you with something nourishing and/or refreshing?"

"Oh my, I'm actualy legitimately flattered, and that by a Rhino pilot... a very inteligent one if I might add. Keep this up and we might be getting somewhere, mister Teloch" Melody said, holding back a blush and casting a warm smile. As the music changed, she seemed to be enyoing this one much more than the previous one, unconsciously tapping her fingers to the music complexly, as if she's actualy playing it. She got very interested when he started talking about the data, her pretty hand supporting her chin by sitting on her knee. "How very intriguing. I would be more than willing to pay for that valuable data if the need arrises. Time capsules often have the most interesting and sacred parts of the old world hidden within them, just waiting to be admired and studied again. I once found an old wooden flute, whichs creation took place apperantly over 4000 years before even being put to rest in the time capsule! It now resides in my clans dojo in a glass closet, among other relics for knowledge hungry tenno to admire and respect the old traditions..." she trailed off a bit "But how about we ask your friend about the data on a later time? Right now I have a different piece of art to study and perhaps even admire..." she said, removing the head from under her chin and leaning back in the couch. "Red wine would be very gentlemanly of you, thank you kindly"

((Phew, you're really putting my writing skills to the test XD))

Edited by Denny2669

-Rhys nodded to himself, instinctively tapping his foot to the violins.  He'd heard correctly.  Of all frames, however, he hadn't expected a Rhino to be intersted in history.  Then again, he was the engineer who got a major thrill out of fighting, so he had no high ground here, either.  He made up his mind to make his approach, and, materializing his helmet and sliding it back onto his head, he began cautiously making way for the couch.-

On 04/18/2016 at 11:29 PM, (XB1)Knaapx said:

((I guess I'll join))

*Azeru, the Male Valkyr ((More info, sort of, on my profile)) sits at a table and waits for someone.*

Corrin suddenly noticed a male Valkyr that seemed to have fallen asleep due to the sheer amount of time he'd been ignored. She walked over to him and shook him. "Wakey wakey, little lion!"

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Corrin suddenly noticed a male Valkyr that seemed to have fallen asleep due to the sheer amount of time he'd been ignored. She walked over to him and shook him. "Wakey wakey, little lion!"

Azeru snorts awake.

"Eh? Oh hi!"

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Corrin giggled. "You have a cute accent, Azeru. And your warframe is unique too. As you can see, i'm just human, but i have my special powers too..."

"It's not that much, I mean I'm super strong its not that good... What can you do?"