Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A friend of mine needs help.

(PSN)robotwars7

Question

today I was told by a close friend who often plays Warframe with me that his PSN account was hacked. he's been unable to contact Sony, but what he's also worried about is his Warframe account. he's a veteran player who has bought every Prime access since Warframe first arrived on consoles, and he has spent a very substantial sum of money on the game, and is highly concerned that whoever has hacked him may also delete a lot of his Warframe stuff.

since the hacker changed his email, he cannot log into the forums either, which is why he has asked me to write this on his behalf. what he wants to know is:

Is there a way that his Warframe account can be temporarily suspended until this hacking matter is cleared up? or is there nothing that DE can do for him, and it's just collateral damage that he'll have to live with? he's pretty annoyed about it (understandably, but while he tries to get Sony's attention, he wants to know if his Warframe thigns can be saved.

any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question

So, this happened to me in January.  I was lucky, and discovered I'd been hacked by a simultaneous email popping up in my gmail to tell me about my PSN connected email being hacked, and being booted from the game due to someone else logging in on my PSN account.  I was, fortunately, able to get to the email and password first, and lock things down.  I second @Romalic's advice, as that was the immediate next thing I did.  Turned out, nothing happened with my account, other than discovering just how atrocious Sony's customer service is.  However, having that support ticket put in created a record, so I would have had a leg to stand on if the hacker had done anything bannable or anything like that.  Since it seems your friend wasn't quite so lucky as I was, I'd recommend he contact Rebecca or Danielle if he feels it's urgent, as, as you can see below, my ticket took over two weeks.  Hope this was helpful, good luck to your friend.

I submitted my ticket on 15 Jan, and got this reply on 1 Feb:

Thank you for contacting us. Please accept our apology for the delay in responding to your request- we have been experiencing a high volume of tickets recently.

We're very sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your PSN account. I have been investigating your Warframe account and you'll be relieved to know that I was unable to see any record that anyone other than yourself has logged into it.

It appears as though your account is secure once more, but it's always best to be safe! Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you for your continued support!