Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Broken Legs

--NovaPrime--

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Maybe you could explain magnetics math against grineer and infested health better, because I'm not seeing any benefit from it.

Well yeah, there's no bonus to be had there but just the same also no damage reduction,
unlike e.g. Impact / Gas for Grineer / Corpus Flesh or Radiation for many Infested.

Ignoring Shields, Magnetic is a ~decent "neutral" element, nothing more, nothing less.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:14 PM, iscofield said:

-snip-

but to make her work you eiteher need to play against infested where you will die to toxin procs later on...

you eitehr build for chaos or absorb, no middle ground...

nullafiers and fushion/corrupted moas...,

chaos cool down is tied to the duration of the ability.. so you under up building negative duration and useing it more foir the momentry stun... which undimes the value of the ability ion my eyes....

-snip-

I'm sorry but these points alone tell me you need to refresh your "Love" for Nyx.

Why against Infested? Nyx works against every faction, I honestly don't understand this point.

You build for both, Chaos at max range gives Absorb max range, and the power loss from using overextended is nothing, because Power Strength only affects the initial damage from Absorb, it does not affect the absorbed damage.

Nullifiers, Nyx is one of the few frames that has an ability that helps you deal with Nullifiers. Yes Chaos does not affect the Nullifier or any enemies in the bubble, but they still are too busy shooting at former comrades than at Nyx herself. Many people forget this fact when I take Nyx to a long duration mission, the Nullifier and his Bombard buddy may be unaffected, but they also are not shooting at us.

Chaos is recastable, this change happened a while back, and completely changed the way you build Nyx because now you build for max range with Duration. Without checking I would say this happened 3 or 4 months ago at least.

I totally agree on the Augs being useless, and after testing Mind Freak even using it on Heavies is pretty useless. I would also agree that she basically only has 3 skills, you may as well forget Psychic bolts.

However, I would politely suggest you need to play her more often if you are going to provide Feedback and ask for reworks. You have stated that she is currently your least used frame, and shown this by not even knowing about the change to Chaos which makes it recastable. How can you suggest reworks, when you don't even know how she currently works?

It seems that many people underestimate Nyx, even those who "Love" her.

Edited by Egg_Chen

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Well yeah, there's no bonus to be had there but just the same also no damage reduction,
unlike e.g. Impact / Gas for Grineer / Corpus Flesh or Radiation for many Infested.

Ignoring Shields, Magnetic is a ~decent "neutral" element, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm mixed in agreement and horror at your statements, 3 things - #1 this answers questions I was wondering in regards to why the Devs specifically chose magnetic for nyxs absord (agreement) #2 there is no logical reason why impact damage should suffer against health, and I have been against negative values for elements for a long time, and the fact that magnetic damage suffers against alloy Amor makes it doubly worse that people insist on taking cephalon suda weapons to grineer missions (extra) #3 And then it's still a waste of a mod slot to have magnetic damage on a weapon and not fight the corpus. Against the grineer or infested, you are still technically doing less damage because magnetic isn't doing anything and it's taking up the space of mods that could do something(the horror of the statement about nyx that implied that this is ok). I know we weren't talking about weapons, but I had to say that for clarifications sake.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO

1 hour ago, Egg_Chen said:

I'm sorry but these points alone tell me you need to refresh your "Love" for Nyx.

Why against Infested? Nyx works against every faction, I honestly don't understand this point.

You build for both, Chaos at max range gives Absorb max range, and the power loss from using overextended is nothing, because Power Strength only affects the initial damage from Absorb, it does not affect the absorbed damage.

Nullifiers, Nyx is one of the few frames that has an ability that helps you deal with Nullifiers. Yes Chaos does not affect the Nullifier or any enemies in the bubble, but they still are too busy shooting at former comrades than at Nyx herself. Many people forget this fact when I take Nyx to a long duration mission, the Nullifier and his Bombard buddy may be unaffected, but they also are not shooting at us.

Chaos is recastable, this change happened a while back, and completely changed the way you build Nyx because now you build for max range with Duration. Without checking I would say this happened 3 or 4 months ago at least.

I totally agree on the Augs being useless, and after testing Mind Freak even using it on Heavies is pretty useless. I would also agree that she basically only has 3 skills, you may as well forget Psychic bolts.

However, I would politely suggest you need to play her more often if you are going to provide Feedback and ask for reworks. You have stated that she is currently your least used frame, and shown this by not even knowing about the change to Chaos which makes it recastable. How can you suggest reworks, when you don't even know how she currently works?

It seems that many people underestimate Nyx, even those who "Love" her.

You havnt met nullifier Jesus yet? He is a swell guy, walking through a room and cleansing every enemy of their sins, he is so inspiring, they just follow after him, growing in ever increasing numbers underneath his bubble of love. He has lots of haters, but his followers will always seem to make quick work of them. He is so loving, that instead of paying any head to them, he instead heads straight to you to share the good word of his salvation:). The void!!!

I hope that doesn't sound super sarcastic, you can call me a noob in response if you like, but right around the time 4 or 5 nullifies roll out in a t4, and you are up to the lvl 80s, and you can't kill them without jumping in the bubble, because the bubble is stupid and you have a grenade launcher like an idiot, and it's just a giant mess, You start to wonder about your life decisions... I probably do not have the right nyx build, but I also focus mine heavily on mind control. 

That one, one perfect moment when you get a heavy gunner to actually shoot at a nullifier without getting engulfed in its bubble, or when you see the golden rockets slamming into the nullies...good times, good times.

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I hope that doesn't sound super sarcastic, you can call me a noob in response if you like...

Nah, I actually chuckled when I read it, and I don't use the n word :)

I wasn't saying Nyx is immune to Nullifiers, but (probably rather badly) was trying to show that saying Nyx needs a rework because of Nullifiers is just bad logic. Nyx does better than most frames against them because Chaos affects all the enemies around them, but yes it isn't perfect. Nyx being challenged by Nullifiers isn't a good reason to rework the frame, or we would rework every frame.

If you are interested, my Nyx build is basically Stretch, Overextended, Primed Continuity, Constitution, Streamline and whatever else you want for survival. Its very focused on Chaos, but also works fine for Absorb (Power Strength only affects initial damage, not that Absorbed) and is still good for Mind Control.

MC - 54.9 duration, target range 141m

Chaos  - 45.74 duration, range 58.75m

Absorb - 23.5m range (I mainly use it for quick knockdowns, panic pod defence or covering revives).

@SpinnningSideKick+1 buddy :)

1 hour ago, Egg_Chen said:

Nah, I actually chuckled when I read it, and I don't use the n word :)

I wasn't saying Nyx is immune to Nullifiers, but (probably rather badly) was trying to show that saying Nyx needs a rework because of Nullifiers is just bad logic. Nyx does better than most frames against them because Chaos affects all the enemies around them, but yes it isn't perfect. Nyx being challenged by Nullifiers isn't a good reason to rework the frame, or we would rework every frame.

If you are interested, my Nyx build is basically Stretch, Overextended, Primed Continuity, Constitution, Streamline and whatever else you want for survival. Its very focused on Chaos, but also works fine for Absorb (Power Strength only affects initial damage, not that Absorbed) and is still good for Mind Control.

MC - 54.9 duration, target range 141m

Chaos  - 45.74 duration, range 58.75m

Absorb - 23.5m range (I mainly use it for quick knockdowns, panic pod defence or covering revives).

@SpinnningSideKick+1 buddy :)

I just wish they would upgrade the ai of the mind controlled targets. Even if I had to manually control them at the cost of my own safety, to stay away and avoid bubbles at all cost instead of heading straight in to bum rush the guy. "

"Oh, you thought itd be a good idea to mind control the arctic bombard who wasn't paying any attention to you?"

Well now he is going to defend you heart and soul by sacrificing himself against the golden bubble, standing his ground against the full onslaught heading his way to protect you...oh wait, now there is a nullifier and an arctic eximi sniping you and shooting multiple rockets, way to go nyx.

i was never flying the flag for a full rework, and yes nullafiers should be difficult but i disagree that she does well against them and i'm not say shes is the most undervalued frame or the weakest frame, the inherent value in her abilities makes it almost impossible for her to ever be the worst, and it was also true that yes i did stop playing her a few months after nyx prime infact . Untill recently and the recastable chaos was a nice quality of life buff meaning that building duration didn't &#! pound you.

the reason i think she dosn't do that well is aside from her ability to affect enemies she only has her 4th ability that makes her stationary which while yes you are immune can still be very dangerous with the nullafier around. so you have few ways of getting away or actually eventually dealing with the nullafier. and the agro of chaos in a mission like a survival i can sometimes still find myself focused by the enemies in the bubbles just ignoring the other enemies in chaos.

the way i feel about nyx is i love her because she has the potential to be just so dang good, and i can get that out of her most of the time. but sometimes espcily when damage from chaos isnt shown on the damage table you just feel bad, and you look at some augments like banshees, armor shred, finishers (insta kill 1 enemys with a dagger), and extra procs of free skill damage. and i compare it to me favorite frames augments... free unnoticeable damage cause you can't direct it, a small CC on an otherwise insignificant  ability and what basically feels to me like a troll augment... since the ring wont hit anything extra since half the time it shrinks at the speed they move.

so the augments need a look at really more than anything, i will admit i made the original post after playing her on a T4 after not playing her for a while so i was a bit rusty and tired

But my biggest fear with nyx still stands.. she has weaknesses.. thats good... but she also has problems being optimal and achieving potential with either low risk medium reward or highrisk for.... basically the same reward...  and thats is what i have an issue with, and i am scared that her problems will NEVER get looked it if we don't make some noise, since... shes not bad.... she can will always be good cause of her chaos as long as she has that her value is theroticly infinite. so what will happen is they will rework and buff every other frame, and they will become alot stronger comparatively and nyx wont be touched much at all since they will say "a good nyx will make use of chaos and scale infinitely"...  which is true... but it will also mean that her other abilities may never get a good look at.

I still feel absorb is dated... they are other survivability skills that have way less trade offs. there are also way more damage skills with less trade offs and so as you said it becomes

8 hours ago, Egg_Chen said:

I mainly use it for quick knockdowns, panic pod defence or covering revives

like shes in this weird position where she might just never get looked at but her qulity of life could be so much... better... (also popping a bubble and mind controling the nullafier only to have that wear of as soon as the bubble come back is... for lack of a better term.. real @(*()$ annoying... i want a pet nuallfier on my team)

6 hours ago, iscofield said:

like shes in this weird position where she might just never get looked at but her qulity of life could be so much... better... (also popping a bubble and mind controling the nullafier only to have that wear of as soon as the bubble come back is... for lack of a better term.. real @(*()$ annoying... i want a pet nuallfier on my team)

I fell like we all understand your feels. I do. I have them too. The psychic bolts/banana peels she shoots out of her hands to target enemies have always annoyed me in the fact that I can't quite figure out who thought that that would be useful as the damage ability it seems to be, though now it does radiation damage so it can be seen as a soft, soft, soft, soft cc :'( (but Oberon does it better...wow, it feels good to finally say that). The effect is ever so slightly negligible, especially with chaos.

Since the psychic bolts are technically kunai, DE even going so far as to design knife pouches on Nyxs legs, why not let them scale off secondaries, since that is a thing we are doing now (just a little, even if it not all the mods), and then Ash needs this too.