Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Connectivity to other Host Issue

faustias

Question

It's frustrating, I missed so many non-keyshare T3MDs and other missions because I can't functionally join those squads because of this problem. This is always the scenario:

I ask for invite, they invite, I accept, get into the squad. Sounds normal.

Here's where the problem starts now. After joining, squad's UI above is blank, not even my loadout is showing. I am in chat, I can chat with them; but after a few seconds, I get kicked out. If I get reinvited, I cannot re-join because it will always result to "Failed to join session.", ALWAYS.

My bandaid is to join a *blank* squad first, then ask for invite on the real mission I want to join. Doesn't always work, and it's hectic to do since the squad slot may get taken by another player.

It happens so much that a first invite is considered a miracle.

If such info is needed, I tried to portforward my local IP. Found a simple instruction from portforward.com but it doesn't do anything. I suspect it has to do something on the router provided by my ISP because their firmware is company-customized.

• Router's model is Pro-Link H5004N
  • ISP's PLDT in Philippines

I'll gladly try any fix. Please help me.

Edited by faustias

3 answers to this question

Is your internet connection decent? I doubt it's something like strict NAT since if it were you would get a message asking you to forward those ports

If your internet connection is fine what antivirus do you have? try disabling your firewall and see if you can connect to a game without that error

Edit: remember to turn it back on after that test not good to leave that kind of stuff off.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

You are using ADSL2+ modem presumably in densely populated area which means that ISP's switchboards are pretty close to your chopper line - the longer the chopper line distance is the more you suffer of connectivity deficiency. So what I think is that your connection should be sufficient to warframe. I don't know about your internet subscription - is it full rate or limited. Thought if it's limited it might render some other issue (eg. 512/512 connection)

Another issue is the geographical location. Asia is pretty big area and the further away you are from host, naturally the bandwidth and connection quality may suffer, so you are pretty much dependent of the host's capabilities to host a session for you.

The things you can do is to contact your ISP regarding 4950 and 4955 udp port forwarding. Thought PLDT allows you to forward ports with their routers (regarding youtube and other PLDT users). The thing here is that you need your computer to have a static ip and give further instruction to the ports you have opened that they will be forwarded to your computer. Other wise you router just ends up this infinite loop where it doesn't know where to forward the opened ports.

Another thing you can do is to use QoS (Quality Of Service - packet management) functionalities from your router. And put the Warframe to the highest priority queue as possible. If you cannot do this due the custom firmware - you definitely need to consult your ISP.

I have no idea about your home infrastructure but for an example here is mine:

kn55w78.png

With QoS I've set my Gaming PC top of the food chain (Fast Queue) while the ports that Warframe uses are on max priority (Ultra queue). This renders a situation where other devices in my home network wouldn't  drain the bandwidth or the connectivity from my Gaming PC and specially not from Warframe. 

sPpyZWD.png

In practice this means that I can download stuff on the background - or listen music from a stream - and my router prioritizes all packages to warframe - not affecting the gaming experience with negative impact. Here is a test I ran with QoS and downloading Titanfall the game at the background meanwhile joining a warframe game instance hosted by a random player: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SE42IkmGnI

Edited by carnaga