Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Audio too quiet, particularly music

MajorRuth

So after a long hiatus from Warframe (last time I logged in was update 15 or so), I came back and I've been enjoying all the upgrades and improvements, gameplay and technical...

... except the audio is too quiet. I'm still using the same soundcard and physical audio setup, same OS, so nothing has changed as far as that goes. But the game audio balance is much different than when I last played.

Previously, the game was too loud, but in a good way - I could adjust each audio slider and get the mix to a good place where I could hear everything fine and still use voice chat just by adjusting the master volume slider depending on if I wanted to chill out solo with loud music and explosions, or get it to a more moderate level and use voice chat comfortably.

Now even if I have every audio slider maxed, some parts of the game are too quiet, particularly the music, and there's no easy way for me to fix this - I have to crank physical system audio to get the volume levels to where they were before, but then the rest of my system and all other games are too loud, and adjusting voicecom becomes a real hassle.

I don't know when or how the audio levels were changed, but it's been a big negative for me since returning.

2 minutes ago, DE_George said:

Sorry to hear you have been having issues

Pun intended?

And I have had the same problem OP, previously I could hear the game louder than my music ( I always play with background music through Winamp), now it's the opposite. Gunshots and enemies tend to muffle themselves a bit.

Edited by Darkwave1098

9 hours ago, DE_George said:

Sorry to hear you have been having issues.  The next major update will have a lot of audio balance improvements that we will be talking about shortly.

Good to... hear. Thanks for the reply, I'll wait and listen and then come back to complain if it's still an issue after U19 :D

Also thanks for tuning down some old sfx that were wildly repetitive and annoying ;)