Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life support dropping pattern

FallingHeaven

Question

Hi, everyone

I was playing the third mission of MAN OF FEW WORDS quest last night, and it was a survival mission and I failed.

i was standing next to a life support waiting for it to materialize so I could activate it. There was only less than 50s left before I could complete the mission. 

But I failed the mission because life support dropped to 0 before the one I was waiting for became usable.

what is a general strategy in terms of activating life support? I did not waste any life support because I activated new one only when it fell below 20%. 

Is it time based? We get a new one after a fixed amount of time has passed regardless of current level?

Is it related to current level? Once life support drops to a certain percentage, a new one is guaranteed to appear?

or it is just completely random?

btw: how long does it take for a life support to go from a hologram to a actual usable object?

thanks

6 answers to this question

I don't see an exact time for the materialization of the life support module, checked the wiki and everything. From personal experience it seems to take about anywhere from 45s to 1min or so. Perhaps I missed it being listed somewhere on this page but a quick scan of it might yield some helpful results for your question.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival

I don't tend to ever use the life support unless I absolutely need it. Make sure to kill loads upon loads of enemies, as their personal life support drops will restore 4% of your air for every one you collect. If you focus all your efforts on trying to keep your air up by killing folks, you'll eventually stockpile the pods for emergency use for when the enemies start to overwhelm you.

The exact time between her deliveries varies as the mission progresses, starting off fairly regularly and becoming less and less frequent as time passes. This rule should apply to all stages/planets unless specifically stated otherwise.

If you're having trouble with the stage you might want to set your matchmaking to public and see if you can gather a party before venturing forth.

generally, you'll want to leave it as long as possible before activating life Support. I usually use it at 30%, or 20 if the situation is dire enough. don't ever leave it longer than after 20%, otherwise it'll catch up to you and what happened to you will happen again.

most of your life support comes from enemies, and remember to bust crates open as they can contain Life Support drops as well. if you're playing with a team, getting yourself or someone else to play Nekros can help too, as he can Desecrate for additional Life Support.

My guess is that you are not getting enough kills to actually sustain yourself through the mission. Survivals drop life support towers about every minute or so but that isn't enough to keep you alive. You will need to be able to make enough kills to actually keep yourself alive with personal life support modules dropped by enemies.

Best advice is to raise your DPS or bring a Nekros.