Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Maps To Look Like Avatar (2009 Movie) World? Good Idea?

Copperll

It would look fresh and amazing, but you've got to consider the overall artstyle of the game. We don't want this turning into TF2 and completely spoiling its original art. I'm sure that they could make something that looks more Japanese and suit the Orokin style. Then it'd be good.

About the stealing part, I was trying to give ideas for the maps and not asking Warframe to steal those maps but actually try do something similar.with Warframe's style. 

About the lush rainforest fitting or not, it's actually individual preference. 

From what we know they're in the process of making Grineer Settlement tilesets, which will be set in arid, desert-like areas. And who knows, maybe in the future they'd do lush green rainforests, or concrete-jungle ruins.

IMHO with how the Grineer use their planets (mining, thorough plunder) it doesn't seem 'right' for them to live in a big jungle planet and not see them raze it all to the ground and dig massive holes to mine it dry like they probably did with the planets under their control.

And Corpus.... I can't think of any reason the mercantile faction would build manufactoriums or research centers in a hot, humid planet overrun with Orokin-knows-what carnivorous flora/fauna.

I don't really think floating islands and magical forests really fit Warframe. Plus, I seriously don't like Avatar, so I'd be naturally against anything from it. :)

Something in a normal forest environment would be cool though, and it'd look great.

IMHO with how the Grineer use their planets (mining, thorough plunder) it doesn't seem 'right' for them to live in a big jungle planet and not see them raze it all to the ground and dig massive holes to mine it dry like they probably did with the planets under their control.

And Corpus.... I can't think of any reason the mercantile faction would build manufactoriums or research centers in a hot, humid planet overrun with Orokin-knows-what carnivorous flora/fauna.

That's when a new GREENY planet should come! :D Peace!

I don't really think floating islands and magical forests really fit Warframe. Plus, I seriously don't like Avatar, so I'd be naturally against anything from it. :)

Something in a normal forest environment would be cool though, and it'd look great.

Hahaha, I have to agree floating islands and magical forest wouldn't fit Warframe! YEA MAN! Something like normal forest environment! Couldn't use words to describe the environment so I had to use Avatar's terrain to describe. A picture speaks a thousand word.

From what we know they're in the process of making Grineer Settlement tilesets, which will be set in arid, desert-like areas. And who knows, maybe in the future they'd do lush green rainforests, or concrete-jungle ruins.

This is true, the Grineer nor the Corpus would live in forests.

Perhaps a forest tileset could be introduced with the next faction?

This is true, the Grineer nor the Corpus would live in forests.

Perhaps a forest tileset could be introduced with the next faction?

Feral tribes of humans who are just as agile (or even more so) than us Tenno? Jumping down from tall canopies to ambush us, hopping from cover to cover and uses actual flanking maneuvers? Hell yes!

Well, DE said they wanted to implement another race.

Call them the Treerunners, and make them monkeys with tribal weaponry that paralyzes, poisons and otherwise causes trouble for your Tenno.

Either that or have them ineffectively throwing stones at it.

That's when a new GREENY planet should come! :D Peace!

Hahaha, I have to agree floating islands and magical forest wouldn't fit Warframe! YEA MAN! Something like normal forest environment! Couldn't use words to describe the environment so I had to use Avatar's terrain to describe. A picture speaks a thousand word.

The game is set in our Solar System. How the hek would they add a new planet?

If that's the case why not use a picture of an actual rainforst?

165389751_a4e31b8df7_z.jpg

Real rain forests are cooler anyway.

Edited by ValhaHazred

The game is set in our Solar System. How the hek would they add a new planet?

If that's the case why not use a picture of an actual rainforst?

165389751_a4e31b8df7_z.jpg

Real rain forests are cooler anyway.

Maybe Warframe may actually just create a new planet? Or a new galaxy with new planets in the long run? Peace! 

Hahaha loving that greenery too! Warframe totally lack greenery!

Maybe Warframe may actually just create a new planet? Or a new galaxy with new planets in the long run? Peace!

'The Sapience' are planned for a future update, and we have no idea what they look like or what environment they favour. I'm hoping for freaky wierd inhuman aliens that live in underground phosphorescent fungus jungles.

Well, DE said they wanted to implement another race.

Call them the Treerunners, and make them monkeys with tribal weaponry that paralyzes, poisons and otherwise causes trouble for your Tenno.

Either that or have them ineffectively throwing stones at it.

That wouldn't fit Warframe, I don't think.

DE has said they are interested in the Space Pirates idea.

Make the forest their environment, their hideouts could be in forests. Makes it hard for people to track them, easy for them to lay traps for intruders, and gives them the advantage of being in the trees. Makes perfect sense to me.

A half-mined lush rainforesty planet. The Grineer would be in the process of stripping it when the Tenno infiltrated. As the intro to the mission(where the ship flies in) there could be the ship descending into the atmosphere, then flying overtop the rainforest and then crossing into Grineer mining stations. Or crash-landing on said planet. That'd be cool too. 

As for Corpus, a ruined concrete jungle (as someone said before) could be their "mining stations". They would have devices and technology set up in places, and what they would be doing was searching for alien technology to improve their forces. Among the rubble is the nature, claiming the planet back ever so slowly. The Tenno are there to Sabotage the research devices or Raid any alien tech found among the rubble. 

Infested is a bit different, might want to do Grineer-style maps instead of Corpus, because.. the Corpus would make sure the infection wouldn't follow their scientists. At least, it seems that way to me. Grineer might have an infected soldier on a supply ship and then BOOM infection's on the planet and it spreads.

Another race could probably fit in there. I'd need to know more about the race to come up with anything though.

That wouldn't fit Warframe, I don't think.

DE has said they are interested in the Space Pirates idea.

Make the forest their environment, their hideouts could be in forests. Makes it hard for people to track them, easy for them to lay traps for intruders, and gives them the advantage of being in the trees. Makes perfect sense to me.

Good call! +1