Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea To Hinder Rushers, Idlers, And Leavers.

Riptose

Rushing in warframe is a pretty big problem in my opinion. It cheapens the value of running assassinations, Essentially making no part of the mission any fun or even partially enjoyable. I have a few suggestions on how to fix this. Implementing more two person doors would be one way to fix it potentially. Also, by adding a function in a "missions menu" that forces players who rush ahead to wait for the rest of the team by locking doors until all of the team is in pretty close proximity to the door. However, this idea brings in a new problem: what happens when a game has idlers?

Probably the best, and really only way to fix idlers, is to implement a vote to kick option. This option causes idlers to essentially become a non problem, giving other players the ability to better control who comes and goes in their game. People who are being jerks, idlers, rushers; all can be removed from game with multiple player consent. Obviously this function is abuse-able, and i believe that a person who uses this function consistently would be subject to review by an admin or DE, potentially causing this function to become unavailable or altogether taken away from some players.

Now, in the case that somebody aborts mission consistantly, there ought to be a punishment. for players who constantly leave games before extraction. There are a large number of reasons for somebody to leave a game, but the main problem is people who run assassinations only to get a drop. if that drop doesnt appear, they leave immediately, causing the rest of the game to get much more difficult and time consuming. Making a penelty system for repeat-leavers would be worthwhile as it reinforces the idea of teamwork throughout the entirety of a mission and discourages selfish play.

good ideas?

People seriously need to stop trying to slow down rushers.

They play how they want.

If you don't like how they play then join another lobby after that.

There is no need to make them play the game how you like them to.

How about Rushers start making thread to ask all the slowpokes to play fast instead? How would you like that

Regarding Idlers, there should be a system that automatically kicks you after said time if you don't move in the game

I love the idea of a votekick. A few  times while running Jackal, one guy has gone AFK, meaning we couldn't even do the boss fight (You need all four players to be in Jackal's room to start)

For the mission aborting, I admit it's a good idea even if I don't want it implemented.

Vote to kick - yes, huge YES

About punishments... I think, that reputation system would be nice. Like percentage of missions done from beginning to the extraction, so we could say:
"This guy got only 57%, kick him, he's probably a leaver"
"Ok, he has 95%! He can go with us!"

Vote kick maby

but if some body hef a rush mod maxed out and you say slow down or you gona vote kick them seems no fair at all

if you cant hold the game whit that i mean if you cant hold ppl in speed leave and join other squad

or get a Rush mod

PS.(ninja are good in speed and agility and mobility Rush is sort a part of the game if not join a Squad that can keep up your pase

Edited by Asuraknight

They play how they want.

How about Rushers start making thread to ask all the slowpokes to play fast instead? How would you like that

Regarding Idlers, there should be a system that automatically kicks you after said time if you don't move in the game

and what happen if your the host? If rusher join your game as you try to gather resource?

If you want to gather ressource is ok..if you want to rush..go ahead...but is a coop game...and i dont think the host should be punish for rusher/slowpoke but then again...some people cant host. This game is about grinding for ressource and COOP play and not a race to the finish line. If they want to race, they should do so in a racing game

Edited by Ninjamander

Yes please, vote to kick, these rushers must come to and end now.

Maybe implement something that picks up if a player is rushing to far ahead, then allow other players to kick them. One player should be able to kick 3 rushers, and rushers should not be able to kick anyone.

Again, I dont believe in a vote kick as I think it will be abused. I do however believe hosts should have the ability to kick people, and in doing so the person kicked gets migrated to be their own host.

No, votekick is a terrible idea. How would it work with just two people?

I.E. a rusher kills the boss really quickly and then runs to extraction. You are still running to the boss, the rusher votekicks you so he can extract, and as it's 1 vote to 1, you are automatically kicked for not rushing. Seem fair?

Or if it's 1-1 you cannot kick, you still lose out, as you cannot kick the rusher, he kills the boss and you get left behind.

Another scenario is that you have an idler, a rusher and two other guys. The two other guys want to kick the rusher for running ahead, and the rusher and idler don't vote so it's a 2:2 split again. Or what if you start a game and the rest of the guys are rushing, how would you feel if they kicked you for being slow? or if you're underlevelled and they kick you?

Seriously, votekick only promotes elitism and abuse, it should not be in a casual co-op game like this. The only thing we need is afk timeouts.

and what happen if your the host? If rusher join your game as you try to gather resource?

If you want to gather ressource is ok..if you want to rush..go ahead...but is a coop game...and i dont think the host should be punish for rusher/slowpoke but then again...some people cant host. This game is about grinding for ressource and COOP play and not a race to the finish line. If they want to race, they should do so in a racing game

its a ninja game +speed XD based on stealth right if the host lags leave is a option or just wait til host DC Edited by Asuraknight

So give host ability to kick people.

"We are rushing this mission, you are slowing us down. *kicks him*"
"We are doing this mission nice and slow, we don't want rushers here. *kicks him*"
This way we can kick rushers when we're doing our mission properly, and we can kick those "slowpokes" when we are doing our mission like start -> rush -> kill the boss -> rush -> extraction

Again, I dont believe in a vote kick as I think it will be abused. I do however believe hosts should have the ability to kick people, and in doing so the person kicked gets migrated to be their own host.

You inspired me:

Idling fix - If you are idling more than 60 seconds without movement, you are kicked to your own hosted version of the mission.

Rushing fix - if you get to the boss and the other players are more than 2 rooms behind you, but not idling, you are kicked to your own hosted version of the mission.

No one is ever kicked to the map.

Everyone happy?

You inspired me:

Idling fix - If you are idling more than 60 seconds without movement, you are kicked to your own hosted version of the mission.

Rushing fix - if you get to the boss and the other players are more than 2 rooms behind you, but not idling, you are kicked to your own hosted version of the mission.

No one is ever kicked to the map.

Everyone happy?

No, not everyone is happy,

Your Idling Fix: What about groups that are not Online or are created 3/4ths by a guild? One needs to use the restroom, informs everyone, and they let him. With this system he gets kicked. This is not a good idea.

If you switch it to a 60-120 second timer and THEN a vote-to-kick option this would work better.

Your Rushing Fix: First, I can garantee you that the programmers do not like this idea. It would be a pain to try to code.

I have a lot of other problems - what about games with only 2 people? What happens to the person who is 2 rooms behind while 3 people get to the boss? But the coding problem is the biggest concern.

No, not everyone is happy,

Your Idling Fix: What about groups that are not Online or are created 3/4ths by a guild? One needs to use the restroom, informs everyone, and they let him. With this system he gets kicked. This is not a good idea.

If you switch it to a 60-120 second timer and THEN a vote-to-kick option this would work better.

Your Rushing Fix: First, I can garantee you that the programmers do not like this idea. It would be a pain to try to code.

I have a lot of other problems - what about games with only 2 people? What happens to the person who is 2 rooms behind while 3 people get to the boss? But the coding problem is the biggest concern.

Good idea w the option, "X is isolated from your squad - do you want to separate from them" popup, should pop up on both rushining and idling. In fact that removes the need for the timer.

Games w 2 ppl work same way - my goal is to separate ppl to separate servers if they are not playing together. Plain and simple. No harm, no foul. But don't hold eachother up, or cramp eachothers style.

PS - the rushing fix would be simple to code. I am a programmer (supposed to be coding right now lol) C++ PHP etc with 10 years exp...super simple logic

Rushing is not a problem at all, in my opinion.

Rushers and looters in the same session is a problem. When A and B want different things and A and B don't need each other to progress, friction comes along with it.

What we need is not disallowing some players their playstyle, but a filter system that seperates rushers, looters and balanced players.

Clan or solo. I trust my clanmates and I only play solo or with them. The only reason I am posting here is because I should be completely unaffected by any changes to limit or restrict play styles. I disagree with most of the proposed changes because they would also hinder people like me.

In playing with randoms you're taking a gamble every time, and that isn't always fair. But that is immaterial to me and others like me, and it should stay that way.

Edited by Crossflip

They play how they want.

i did that...

Everyone got very mad...

Rushing is not a problem at all, in my opinion.

Rushers and looters in the same session is a problem. When A and B want different things and A and B don't need each other to progress, friction comes along with it.

What we need is not disallowing some players their playstyle, but a filter system that seperates rushers, looters and balanced players.

Tried that...people upset as well.

Now This has turned into a thread based on Rusher Vs Looter. Which one is the master race? NEITHER. 

I can think of two ways of fixing this:

1) change the way we join squads. Upon selecting a mission in a system, you are given a server screen, listing all the current games. Each game has A) host name B) host connection C) Number of Players D) expected mission speed (quick missions (rushing) or long missions (looters)) E) time ellapsed

2) give players a way to swap between different types of lobbies, selecting between different styles. Want to play stealth? Stealth lobbies. Want to rush? rush lobbies. Want to loot the day out of everything? Loot lobbies. 

THAT gives everybody a way to play how they want. If people dont comply, then give host kick abilities to tell these people "you are in the wrong place" so they can find a lobby more suitable for their playstyle. If one doesnt exist? they can make on.

I think that easier to solve this problem to find a core who like that playing style what do you like and the arguing with others solved and not need to be tard to say slowpoke or runner. Nobody thinking about to add peoples whom like that playing style coz some people can't handle their relations and they think is a problem if you know more and more people. In a squad still 4 player play 6 would better but not everybody join your squad but you have greater chance to play what you like. Punishments and restrictions about this not really wise coz an autokick from match after 5 min far enough if that peoples idling or they can ask others to wait. Not need to ruin others game with run/slow downs so everyone just need search play mates. I think is far cheap and easy way to playing.

They play how they want.

Well, I wouldnt mind rushing so bad if that when I am trying to go through a map, trying to actually gather materials and such when they run to the boss, and by the time i get to the boss room, the boss is dead, they have disconnected because their BP didn't drop, and almost all of the containers were open with the materials despawned.

I love the idea of a votekick. A few  times while running Jackal, one guy has gone AFK, meaning we couldn't even do the boss fight (You need all four players to be in Jackal's room to start)

For the mission aborting, I admit it's a good idea even if I don't want it implemented.

vote kick gets abused.    You could add an auto-afk kick though.