Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Set

KenoZuki174

Question

Alright, so we as MMO gamers have our styles of game play. Some play for stats, some for collecting and hoarding crap, and some for visuals. I am here to ask everyone if they may have created a weapon set just because it may be cool looking, different looking, or perhaps hot looking? Perhaps turning a frame into some like mistress lol. Would anyone mind sharing what weapon load out appeals to them, and why it does? :D 

Edited by Kenozuki

5 answers to this question

There are, indeed, a couple of weapon sets that exists in the market as bundles. Personally loved the Excalibur + Skana / Proto-Excalibur + Proto-Glaive combo, as well as the prisma and primed versions. The Paris, Kunai and Anku form the Tenno version of the Stalker set, while the Stalker set is one of a kind. Limbo can look awesome with the Destreza, the rapier melee weapon. The Sands of Inaros weapons can also be assembled as a set. Grab the Boltor, Bolto and Boltace, and you have another set. Volt looks awesome with ANY pistol, match Wukong with Bo/Bo p, get Banshee a Paris, Valkyr a Venka, Zephyr a Cernos, Atlas a Tekko and you'd be good to go.

I don't use sets too often (I have a couple)/but my favorite loadout would have to be high damage slash weapons like Dex Syb or Dread for primary, cool looking pistol (or dual pistols) for secondary, and a sleek Dagger or shiny sword for the melee.

I usually go for a Ninja/Assassin type color/weapon set up when possible and I put Hush/Suppress on anything that isn't silent

I'm currently using these together:

Atterax - Loving this melee currently, building it with Reach + Berserker + Fury + Damage mods depending on what I'm fighting. Pink energy looks nice on it too, when you're swirling around. :^)

Boltor Prime - Pinning people to walls just got more powerful. Tears through most of the enemies I run into in a matter of seconds, haven't modded it to it's max potential yet though.

Sonicor - Ragdolling, blast damage, flying, need I say more? Sonicor's one of my favourites currently, it's not particularly amazing in the damage department but it makes up for that with amazing stuns, CC,  and a lot of comic value.

EDIT: Boop, forgot to add aesthetically why I enjoy them.

I don't really have a set theme for all my weapons, but I pick each one depending on whether or not they look neat/cute/cool to me. The Atterax has an attractive swirling animation that looks pretty when it's combined with a vibrant energy colour. Boltor Prime is a big squishy spine that shoots out darts. Sonicor is a wrist mounted sonic cannon, can't really put a finger on what I like about it, it just appeals to me for some reason. q:

Edited by Drzzter

I do tend to try and "theme" my weapon sets if I can. 

Min-maxing generally comes first, but if there's a reasonable choice between two weapons, one of which, say, has a conceptual "theme" that suits the warframe I'm using it on, and the other of which doesn't, I'll always prefer the appropriately-themed one.  e.g. Ember has all fire weapons, Saryn has all toxic/viral-themed weapons.