Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Couple of Kubrow Q's

(XBOX)SaltierPancake

Question

I've been quite interested in the Kubrow market lately as someone who plays a fair share of genetic sims online (though I'm sure it's not  nearly as complex on Warframe due to the fact that 99.9% of the people don't exactly play for genetics xD) but wanted to clear some stuff up first.

a. How can you tell a kubrows hexadecimal color if you are on XB1? I'm afraid to take a picture of my monitor with my phone and upload it to the computer because the color values could easy be distorted. I'm color blind so I can't exactly just tell what color is what.

b. When people are selling Kubrow imprints, do they sell only one at a one or both?

c. Is it best to buy a few imprints for a breeding line or just pray that RNGesus blesses you with a bulky gold lotus from a random incubation?

d. For the serious breeders out there, how profitable is the Kubrow business and how long would it take to see a profit (assuming you bought prints from others)

thanks for the time!

3 answers to this question

I'm not an expert, but I do a lot of breeding...

a. On PS4, I take a screenshot using the PS4 screen capture, then send the pic to myself in the messenger. I can use the app on my phone to pull the pic onto my computer to get a better look at the color. 

b. On PS4, some people buy both prints, some buy 1. I have seen some sellers that only want to sell prints as a pair, but most will sell 1 if requested. 

c. All up to you. I have done a mix of both in my quest for the perfect lotuses. I started buying some when RNG hated me, but I've gotten lucky since then. I continue to do both. As Oranji says below, RNG way takes a long time and a lot of plat to rush dogs that likley go straight out the airlock. Buying prints is probably more economical, but I can't help the curiosity continuing to try randoms. 

d. While I don't sell most of my prints, what I have made the most plat on so far is combining a cheaply bought or hatched skinny or athletic lotus with a bulky colorful. I usually get at least 1 lotus out of it, often enough for me to continue, its bulky. Once in a while I hit the jackpot and both skinny lotus prints turn into colorful bulky lotuses. This is risky, and most of my friends only combine bulky lotus with bulky lotus to perfect colors, but I find it has been the most fun for me and had the greatest plat potential since it's fairly cheap/easy to get skinny lotus and colorful bulky prints. 

My 2p at least. Good luck!!

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

A. I have no idea since the last console that I've used was a family computer.

B. People normally sell imprints as a pair unless specified that they only need one.

C. In my opinion, it would be better to invest on an imprint than to gamble on a random incubation.

• I did a breeding marathon a few times. 15 kubrow eggs / day, all rushed and only got at least 3-4 pups with decent colors and unknown body type.
  • It's just not worth the plat especially the time investment. I would rather buy a bulky one with decent colors that can range from 50-100p then mix it with a lotus one.

D. How profitable you say? Imagine robbing someone, it's a high risk high reward kinda thing. Kubrow business needs a lot of time/plat investment. I probably have sold more than 15k plat worth of kubrows but that doesn't mean that there were no losses. There were in fact a lot, but once you get the hang of it, you'll enjoy breeding and making plat at the same time more than farming stuff in the void.

Edited by Oranji

1. get someone who knows what Hexadecimal colour is (so not me) to tell you.

2. depends on whether or not buyers want more than one print. a seller will normally accommodate if it means they get Platinum.

3. depends on what you want from your Kubrow, and how much you are willing to leave in the hands of RNGsus. personally I got lucky with 2 bulky Kubrows, one of which is a lotus. my more recent Chesa is athletic but has stripes so I think I'll keep him anyway. personally I lean more towards giant hulking beasts of war, you may differ.

4. not sure, as I don't trade Imprints, but it is possible to profit from them if you know what you're doing.