Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade and Melee Mods

ShroomyDDLS

Question

Hello,

Considering I'm running a void survival and that the heavy gunners are what I want to take down fastest, what mod should fill the last slot on my melee weapon?

I have the following mods on it:

- Pressure Point
- Fury
- True Steal
- Organ Shatter

- Shocking Touch
- Fever Strike
- North Wind

For the last slot I can't decide between Molten Impact, Jagged Edge (don't have Buzz Kill) or Virulent Scourge (adding to the corrosive damage)

Taking into account that Exalted Blade's damage is distributed evenly between impact, puncture, and slash, I'm not sure whether Jagged Edge would be a good idea.

Adding Molten Impact would turn the cold damage into Blast which is 75% less effective against heavy gunners.

Virulent Scourge?

Someone smarter than me please help me figure this out. Other suggestions are also welcome!

Edited by ShroomyDDLS

8 answers to this question

You should run Berserker, Pressure Point, Life Strike(unranked), 4x elements in the best combo for whatever faction you are facing. Last slot your choice, but don't put a physical mod in there, it's a waste on EB.  Fury is good for extra attack speed or maybe spoiled strike for extra damage. 

I'd get rid of Organ Shatter in favor of another element. Your spike damage on crits will be way lower, of course, but your non-crit damage will increase substantially and your overall DPS will be unchanged (if not slightly improved). People always put Organ Shatter on their EB builds since it's the go-to mod for crit builds, but EB actually doesn't have good enough crit stats for it to be worth the slot.

It'll help squeeze out a bit more Corrosive damage for them Heavy Gunners, but that's about all it'll do. I don't think it's worth it.

Personally, I'd use:

- Pressure Point

- Berserker

- True Steel

- Life Strike

- Element1

- Element2

- Element3

- Option

The first four mods are pretty much mandatory IMO. The "option" in the last slot can be anything you want-- another element (for raw damage), Primed Reach if you like close-ranged combat (which lets you hit enemies with the sword and wave at the same time, effectively doubling your damage), Fury (for substantially higher DPS, faster Finishers, and more reliability if you go on a no-crit streak), etc..

Edited by SortaRandom

19 hours ago, Acebaur said:

4x elements in the best combo for whatever faction you are facing.

Even when one of the two paired elements is 75% less effective? In my case Blast against heavy gunners.

18 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Primed Reach if you like close-ranged combat (which lets you hit enemies with the sword and wave at the same time, effectively doubling your damage)

Why didn't this ever occur to me! Thank you!

Edited by ShroomyDDLS

3 hours ago, ShroomyDDLS said:

Even when one of the two paired elements is 75% less effective? In my case Blast against heavy gunners.

Well it's not 75% less effective it's 25% less effective. Furthermore, if you are referring to Void missions, unless you plan to go T4 past 40 mins, the minus to Blast isn't bad, plus it helps against the ancients, And honestly, EB does so much damage, especially to blinded enemies it pretty much doesn't matter as long as you aren't taking giant negatives. 

1 hour ago, Acebaur said:

Well it's not 75% less effective it's 25% less effective. Furthermore, if you are referring to Void missions, unless you plan to go T4 past 40 mins, the minus to Blast isn't bad, plus it helps against the ancients, And honestly, EB does so much damage, especially to blinded enemies it pretty much doesn't matter as long as you aren't taking giant negatives. 

I forgot switching to the "Corrupted" tab on the wiki page :P

I stay in survivals for either 40 or 60 minutes thanks to the Naramon abilities but regardless of this, I think the fourth element is the clear winner here. Thanks!

Edited by ShroomyDDLS