Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I finally managed to get access to my router's interface to port forward properly, however-

xXSilverEyesXx

Question

the interface is asking me for a server IPv4 and IPv6 address, and won't let me open the ports I want unless I have those. I did a bit of google to see if the aforementioned IP addresses were public knowledge or not, and came up blank.

In short, I have comcast, my port forwarding interface looks like this. What do I do?

Add Port Forward option box with 'Save' and 'Cancel' options at the bottom.

4 answers to this question

Aw good old port fowarding misswriting in router ^.^ 

The server ipv4 and ipv6 is probably the adress of the computer on your network ( they probably call it server in this case ) where you want to redirect the port.

But on pc i never had to redirect port on router just to open them on my pc. I must admit its the first time i saw this for warframe.

Edited by trunks013

yep telnet into your port with a dos cmd line

If you are in windows of course.

do "windows key" + R it will open a little execute box then type CMD and enter

It will open the DOS interface ( black scary box with a blinking cursor ) 

Type "Telnet 127.0.0.1 YOURPORT" where YOURPORTis the number of the port you want ( dont worry 127.0.0.1 is yourself from yourself in ipv4 also called home so it will test the computer where you are at)

If the window turn black with a blinking cursor then its open . If you have connexion failed then the port is not open or blocked by a firewall.

If it return you that telnet is not installed you must go into Control Panel -> Program -> add Windows Features then add telnet ( yeah the window is longer to open than the program you want to instal i know :(   )

If you are in another OS just tell me ill find you the way to use ^.^ 

I don't have Comcast, but I think I can still help you out.

-  Leave 'Common Service' set to 'Other'

-  Type 'Warframe' into Service name (this is just so you can find it if you need to edit later)

-  Service Type can be set to UDP only, although you can leave it TCP/UDP as it will not affect the game.

-   For Server IP4 address, enter the IP address of the computer you are using to play Warframe.  To find this, right click on your network icon in the task bar (1), select 'Open Network and Sharing Center (2), and click on the network connection that is being used (3) (may display different depending on type of connection I.E. "ethernet" or "wireless network connection").  Click 'Details...' (4).  Your IP address will be shown here in the window that pops up (5).  Copy the info to your router.

Spoiler

mo2ppz5e85zp5u46g.jpg

-  For the start port enter 4950, and for end port enter 4955.

Click save and you should be good to go.

Edited by AgentJ386