Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why This Game Discourages Sniping?

Eric1738

well, u see, my problem is not snipers not killing stuff... they do, but the ammo supply i think could have a buff

I used to feel that too.but after update8,nearly every player have million credits.I choose to bring 6 ammo box every game.

by the way,I think snipers is for killing big targets,large amount of life points,small amount of numbers.use 4th skill to kill the small targets,enjoy the exp number full of screen :)

I played as a sniper but Ive played most of the time with my gorgon and my mk1braton. They are all the same: If you are using only your main weapon you'll run out of ammo, this is why we have sidearm and the glorious melee setup :) The only weapon I can use carelessly is the Latron its very ammoefficient.

I played as a sniper but Ive played most of the time with my gorgon and my mk1braton. They are all the same: If you are using only your main weapon you'll run out of ammo, this is why we have sidearm and the glorious melee setup :) The only weapon I can use carelessly is the Latron its very ammoefficient.

sadly they are not the same. a sniper runs out of ammo faster than a auto rifle. why? coz u can easily pick up rifle ammo from the dead enemies and lockers. their supply is sustainable.

instead of ammo why arent people talking about how currently theres only like TWO maps that make sniping even a possibility? and they're both defense maps....

The trick, I found, is to master using sniper rifles like shotguns... fired from hip instead of aiming. It takes more skill and requires practice (aim is more unforgiving than that of a real shotgun), but when you get it to work, "sniper rifles" can almost become "all-range". (you may need to increase firing rate and reload speed to make it more "shotgun" feel though). When I am using Snipetron or Vulkar, I actually don't feel that disadvantaged by the map. If the room is large, sniper aim mode easily allow us to take out far enemies. If enemies are near (or when I am run-gunning and sprinting towards them), firing from hip is faster than entering aim mode and will still kill most enemies in 1 shot (assuming mod level is good relative to the enemy level)

Some other helpful "combo" with sniping, to workaround the slow rate of fire and longer reloads.

Invisibility : Loki/Ash/Shade : lets me have time to aim and kill, or allow me to take a break from enemy fire to reload and recharge shields

Decoy: Loki/Saryn : similar but better than invisibility imo. draws fire from me while I am firing back

Shielding/Cover : Volt/Frost: Electric Shield/Snow Globe in a large room with long-range gun fight allows me to take my own time to aim and fire back while being shielded from enemy fire.

i find snipeing to only be effective for killing high hp targets. A fully modded out sniper will own a lvl 100 anchient in 2-3 shots. Game machanics aside,

in real life this is accurate of how sniping works. You don't do jump 360 scope shots in real life and you certain don't go on sniping rampages around corners. Real sniper warfare is a very long and boring one because opening fire reveals your position and you bet your &#! is gunna get nailed by an enemy sniper.

All that aside in this game, treat snipers like a HEK, and suddenly you realize they are one and the same. Low ammo pool kill sticks. SNipers sacrifice reload speed from a HEK to gain no drop off. Since rifle mods are conciderably better, the 100-125 base damage compare to HEK is essentially normalized.

Edited by ForumSmurf

So what you're saying is the sniper rifle has no value in a 4 player co-op based situation. Riiiiight. Let me just stop massacaring heavies and let you do all of this so wonderfully with your unmodded braton. I'll just sit back here and watch. No worries. I'm sure you can handle those heavies fiiiine on venus with that unmodded braton.

So what you're saying is the sniper rifle has no value in a 4 player co-op based situation. Riiiiight. Let me just stop massacaring heavies and let you do all of this so wonderfully with your unmodded braton. I'll just sit back here and watch. No worries. I'm sure you can handle those heavies fiiiine on venus with that unmodded braton.

NO. that's not what i mean clearly. what i said was i went into a solo mission in which tons of enemies flooded from nowhere. and i felt that the sniper ammo supply could have a buff, coz it is too easy to run out of ammo compared to other guns. in this sense it is sorta discouraging players using snipers as other weapons dont have that much problem. i never said sniper has no value in co-op, never.

btw where does that unmodded braton come from? i cant recall anyone has mention that. kinda irrelevant to the topic, huh?

sadly they are not the same. a sniper runs out of ammo faster than a auto rifle. why? coz u can easily pick up rifle ammo from the dead enemies and lockers. their supply is sustainable.

Really ? I am using a no potato Braton for Hyena runs.

75% Serration (8), 40% ROF mod (7), 60% AP (9) and 25% ammo drum (6).

I will go from 650+ to barely 150 vs just Hyena alone. 

Yes your argument would be to put a stormbringer and bring up Serration up to level 9 (15).

But a level 9 or 10 Serration is too much of an excessive investment. 

To reach Hyena with 0 ammo expenditure on main, I had to use my Lex.

Like ALL the time.

I predict it will be the same as for my new Boar that is cooking.

Edited by fatpig84

NO. that's not what i mean clearly. what i said was i went into a solo mission in which tons of enemies flooded from nowhere. and i felt that the sniper ammo supply could have a buff, coz it is too easy to run out of ammo compared to other guns. in this sense it is sorta discouraging players using snipers as other weapons dont have that much problem. i never said sniper has no value in co-op, never.

btw where does that unmodded braton come from? i cant recall anyone has mention that. kinda irrelevant to the topic, huh?

Wasn't in response to you, dude. It was in response to people compaining about it's uselessness overall. As for ammo usage, you'll find that you tend to run out of ammo with all guns, until A. Modded, or B. using ammo boxes.

instead of ammo why arent people talking about how currently theres only like TWO maps that make sniping even a possibility? and they're both defense maps....

Um... Uhhh ok, sure, whatever you say. Sorry to burst your delusional bubble, but you can snipe on any of these maps. Be it close, medium, long range.

I don't see what the problem is, my Sniper holds 210 spare ammo and I get 20 from pickups.

Owait, thats my Lex

Umad snipers?

100 armor ignoring base damage, and 20% base crit chance. I'm quite satisfied.

I don't know about you guys, but I got my Paris in my first 10 hours of play and now, when I'm at about 83 hours, Paris is still my most used weapon. I potatoed it just few days ago, and boy oh boy, I love it even more.

But regarding the topic, the OP should really try to find a secondary that he/she really enjoys to play with. I myself got Lex, and it was awesome, then I leveled Kunais and now I'm using TVipers. I highly recommend getting Kunai, with some modding, it can devastate everything. But of course you should try to find a secondary that suits you and your personal playstyle. I also want to apologize my english, as it is not my native language.