Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Join The Stalker

Darkstar2610

Oh, so you mean you wouldn't actually be controlling the frame, or am I misunderstanding?

No you are still in control of your frame when I say that I want to corrupt a frame i mean give it a new sinister look kinda like the stalkers and then invade other people with the PVP function on  

No you are still in control of your frame when I say that I want to corrupt a frame i mean give it a new sinister look kinda like the stalkers and then invade other people with the PVP function on  

Ah, okay. In that case, my original post still stands. :D

Except this isn't competitive pvp, it's a player roleplaying as a boss.  The only thing that will possibly need to be balanced is stalker's abilities/weapons/stats.  Player abilities and weapons won't need any changes.

Competitive... casual... Makes no difference. Imagine an Ash jumping in with stealth, and then Blade Storming all the players down. This really doesn't need to be discussed, as Warframe is a PVE game, and despite the thousands of requests to put more PVP in DE will not do so.

Except this isn't competitive pvp, it's a player roleplaying as a boss.  The only thing that will possibly need to be balanced is stalker's abilities/weapons/stats.  Player abilities and weapons won't need any changes.

TBH Dark Souls style invasion PVP does not fit in Warframe because in Dark Souls it's 2v1v1 and not 4v1 like in Warframe.

But as an invader you will have more shield and life if you meet a big team. Mabye you could even have your own team so it would be 4v2 (4 normal 2 stalker) or something like that

Competitive... casual... Makes no difference. Imagine an Ash jumping in with stealth, and then Blade Storming all the players down. This really doesn't need to be discussed, as Warframe is a PVE game, and despite the thousands of requests to put more PVP in DE will not do so.

That would be stupid.  But most discussions on this concept have been having people play as stalker, not as Ash or any other frame.

People thought that the dueling room balance would be left as is.  DE has said otherwise.  Nothing is set in stone.

But as an invader you will have more shield and life if you meet a big team. Mabye you could even have your own team so it would be 4v2 (4 normal 2 stalker) or something like that

Playing as stalker should be a major challenge .  Just killing your target should be a major accomplishment.  Imo it's uncessary to make it easier by adding another stalker for full parties.

Edited by Aggh

That would be stupid.  But most discussions on this concept have been having people play as stalker, not as Ash or any other frame.

People thought that the dueling room balance would be left as is.  DE has said otherwise.  Nothing is set in stone.

Playing as stalker should be a major challenge .  Just killing your target should be a major accomplishment.  Imo it's uncessary to make it easier by adding another stalker for full parties.

2v4 that's not that bad. But you're right it should be a challenge 

Not to mention how this could be abused if stalker-players were to drop blueprints like stalker does when they die...

This is why people need to look up discussion on the topic before they open their mouths. 

a.) Player stalkers would not have the ability to choose who they're going to stalk, it would most likely be a queue with people randomly assigned to targets

b.)Player stalkers would not be able to talk to their targets and would not be able to see their names

c.) Making the rewards worthwhile for both parties would mean that people would have more of an incentive to play their respective roles properly.  Some stat tracking could help flag abuse as well.

This S#&$ would be so ridiculously unbalanced it wouldn't even be funny.

Saryn + Reach modded Fragor + Boltor + Kunai/Akbolto/Acrid = Might as well stop moving, because I'm going to die or get stunlocked then die even if I try to move.

This S#&$ would be so ridiculously unbalanced it wouldn't even be funny.

Saryn + Reach modded Fragor + Boltor + Kunai/Akbolto/Acrid = Might as well stop moving, because I'm going to die or get stunlocked then die even if I try to move.

Would just mean some minor balance changes would be needed for stun affects on player controlled stalkers.  Oh noes.  They're most likely already working on this kind of stuff for dueling balance.

Edited by Aggh

Corrupted Vauban + bastille equals your entire group of 4 people dieing without a hope of even getting of a single shot.

It wouldn't work.

You would need to nerf too many abilities into the ground to balance for this, and that would ruin the main focus of the game PVE.

I have to agree with Xoxile and others on this. I really feel like more PVP would end up hurting Warframe. Its a lot of work and you would have to rebalance everything, not just powers but weapons, mods, sentinels, frame attributes like speed and armor, maneuvers like blocking. Its not a bad idea but I just don't think it fits into this game.

Edited by RC-2138

no, its a just horrible idea. just because a lot of people want this feature. doesn't make it a good idea at all

its mean't to be a co op friendly game. there is nothing co op friendly about being killed by another player when trying to complete a mission. also the stalker stops being unique when other players start controlling it. no one will ever appreciate this feature

perhaps in the future i could see this happening. but the many things im wanting in this game right now isnt a human controlled stalker

no, its a just horrible idea. just because a lot of people want this feature. doesn't make it a good idea at all

its mean't to be a co op friendly game. there is nothing co op friendly about being killed by another player when trying to complete a mission. also the stalker stops being unique when other players start controlling it. no one will ever appreciate this feature

perhaps in the future i could see this happening. but the many things im wanting in this game right now isnt a human controlled stalker

Join not controll

maybe you could be the stalker PvE style? reach a squad of [greneers,...] befor they can complete the objective and take them out. (with timer???)

Not be the stalker JOIN the stalker. And the stalker avenges the death of greneer bosses so why would he hunt them?