The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave and what i think about it

Charko

6 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

why would you do that to yourself?

I guess there's a certain personality type who really gets into that kind of insane pseudo-corporate Game-of-Thronesy tribal-warfare Player Clan competition thing. It's why you have EVE online still raking in millions upon millions despite being pretty boring to actually play, and those are the kind of people who played Dark Sectors for incredibly long amounts of time and left the game wholesale when the armistice began and will defend the mode on the forums regardless of the fact that some pricks were able to get away with 99% tax on one rail for a time.

One wonders if Dark Sector is doomed to attract these kind of people forever, and hence be unplayable for regular PvE grinders, by the very nature of the game.

28 minutes ago, S.T.M.P.D said:

I guess there's a certain personality type who really gets into that kind of insane pseudo-corporate Game-of-Thronesy tribal-warfare Player Clan competition thing. It's why you have EVE online still raking in millions upon millions despite being pretty boring to actually play, and those are the kind of people who played Dark Sectors for incredibly long amounts of time and left the game wholesale when the armistice began and will defend the mode on the forums regardless of the fact that some pricks were able to get away with 99% tax on one rail for a time.

One wonders if Dark Sector is doomed to attract these kind of people forever, and hence be unplayable for regular PvE grinders, by the very nature of the game.

Thing is, Xbone console players never experienced these oh so harmful 99% taxes. When the alliance did put up high taxes (If you can call 40% high lol), the community brought them down from 16 nodes down to two. Also the term, "insane pseudo-corporate Game-of-Thronesy tribal-warfare Player Competition" phrase is just wrong in so many ways. Also I'd like to mention that if Solar Rails were so broken and exploitable, why did many people leave when they were taken away ? If anything, people should've been returning in droves.

1 hour ago, S.T.M.P.D said:

One wonders if other one can post just one screenshot of their clan or alliance owning one Rail.. Then one may take one more seriously.... MEOW

The 30fps excuse is not why console players had a more balanced experience. As DE can see, I have played on both platforms. With the increased population of PC players from all over the world, it was much harder to organize an effective attack I suppose. Those who were vets and had a strong core would be effectively unbeatable. I don't think console players got to play on rails long enough to reach that point.         

They were close. But yes a casual army would never own a rail. It took blood sweat and tears to take down console super alliances. Effectively creating the new meta alliances in the process. Right at the hight of the wars they interrupted us and took them down. 

I think console players wouldn't have minded such a long delay if we had been allowed to finish the war.

I trust DE. However they bring back rails, we will adapt and rule. Regardless of nerfs, bugs, or glitches. If you find a meta build. We will counter you. If you beat us. We will return. Take out PvP and we will find a way to PvP. This is player vrs players clan vrs clan alliance vrs alliance.  

So many claims to be the number one whatever. But then shy from the opportunity to prove it. 

DS proved it. The ICE alliance obviously had a stronger core. AoW and AR were a stronger core. Some PS clan had a stronger core. THAT is what won rails. Not any disillusioned nubs who think that Vectis kills were "hacks" and that the ' whole alliance is obviously glitching' 

The point is WE had the same bugs and the same glitches, but being a smaller community were much easliy organized into an effective response.

Edited by (XB1)CFE GizzyMcFish

2 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Also the term, "insane pseudo-corporate Game-of-Thronesy tribal-warfare Player Competition" phrase is just wrong in so many ways. Also I'd like to mention that if Solar Rails were so broken and exploitable, why did many people leave when they were taken away ? If anything, people should've been returning in droves.

My point is that there's a certain type of person who really gets off on having that kind of machinations in a video game, so when they were taken out, yes, people left, because they were the kind of people who really like that sort of thing.

To provide context, I remember a time briefly before the armistice where every Dark Sector was under the control of one of five different alliances. No other alliance ever had a chance to break that power gridlock, because they warred regularly, and so the rails were handed off from greasy hand to greasy hand consistiently. So people figured, why bother, especially when there are several better farming spots to hang out at? Why not just pull back and let the clans play ring-around-the-rosey?

And how is that term wrong, anyway? Considering what I've heard of people doing in EVE in the name of alliance dominance, and Dark Sectors are pretty similar, it seems pretty damn accurate.

5 minutes ago, S.T.M.P.D said:

My point is that there's a certain type of person who really gets off on having that kind of machinations in a video game, so when they were taken out, yes, people left, because they were the kind of people who really like that sort of thing.

To provide context, I remember a time briefly before the armistice where every Dark Sector was under the control of one of five different alliances. No other alliance ever had a chance to break that power gridlock, because they warred regularly, and so the rails were handed off from greasy hand to greasy hand consistiently. So people figured, why bother, especially when there are several better farming spots to hang out at? Why not just pull back and let the clans play ring-around-the-rosey?

And how is that term wrong, anyway? Considering what I've heard of people doing in EVE in the name of alliance dominance, and Dark Sectors are pretty similar, it seems pretty damn accurate.

I have knowledge that is kind of contradictive to that. I've seen ghost clans take rails from alliances that controlled roughly 33% of the nodes. If you are dedicated, you can beat this "power gridlock". It's only 750 victories. Doesn't matter how you get them. Back in my day I could do about a 100 of those if I tried hard. If you can get 30 people to work together, you can take a rail from any alliance.

Also

>Considering what I've heard

>What I've heard

>I've heard

>Heard

You were not there to experience it first hand ? Ok. If you never experienced it, how can you consider yourself qualified to tell whether it was imbalanced or not? That's like saying dinosaurs fought in World War II because you saw it in a movie once, but wasn't born yet to participate in the conflict.

3 hours ago, (XB1)CFE GizzyMcFish said:

Going to have to agree. If you didn't play rails. Please keep your comments to yourself. They are opinions based on rumor rather than fact, and such opinions will only cloud the thread while the REAL rail team discuss it.

Uh huh... considering the OP is about Conclave in general, Hek, it doesn't even mention Rails at all, there's no need for this elitist attitude.

On topic: I can't say whether or not I agree with OP, the last time I was in Conclave was a Relay-gathered Cheese lobby for the dailies. It's far too fast paced for me to care as it is.

On April 21, 2016 at 3:52 PM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Will someone in the PVP Dev team just try to make a Sports game out of PVP Warframe. For gawd sake, you can fly and wall run. Throw a freaking big ball into a big field and see what 8v8 Warframes can do with it.

Little Radio Cars proved the sheer stupid funX10 they can generate. Imagine Space Quidditch with Archwings. 

Everybody would be repeatedly flying into walls it would look Funyuns but gameplay wise I like the look of lunaro better.

4 hours ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

Uh huh... considering the OP is about Conclave in general, Hek, it doesn't even mention Rails at all, there's no need for this elitist attitude.

;) 

For those playing Conclave on Xbox/Ps4 i don't think the controller could allow someone to play as fast as we can on PC. Making the game more "balanced".

22 minutes ago, Charko said:

;) 

For those playing Conclave on Xbox/Ps4 i don't think the controller could allow someone to play as fast as we can on PC. Making the game more "balanced".

Please. The only thing you guys have as a definite advantage is frame rate. Our rails were balanced because I and many courageous railers fought as hard as we could for months to bring down taxes (Which were not even high BTW). The only reason ICE put up  high taxes was to inspire people to fight against them. That's a valid reason imo. If something like that occurred on Xbox, that rail would be conquered so fast it would make your head spin. 

10 hours ago, (XB1)CFE GizzyMcFish said:

Going to have to agree. If you didn't play rails. Please keep your comments to yourself. They are opinions based on rumor rather than fact, and such opinions will only cloud the thread while the REAL rail team discuss it.

Get rid of that elitist attitude. You are not contributing to the conversation nor helping anything. People can give their opinion all they want. FYI, you didn't need to play dark sectors to see how unbalanced and generally awful they were. There are plenty of videos on it.

13 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

I have knowledge that is kind of contradictive to that. I've seen ghost clans take rails from alliances that controlled roughly 33% of the nodes. If you are dedicated, you can beat this "power gridlock". It's only 750 victories. Doesn't matter how you get them. Back in my day I could do about a 100 of those if I tried hard. If you can get 30 people to work together, you can take a rail from any alliance.

Also

>Considering what I've heard

>What I've heard

>I've heard

>Heard

You were not there to experience it first hand ? Ok. If you never experienced it, how can you consider yourself qualified to tell whether it was imbalanced or not? That's like saying dinosaurs fought in World War II because you saw it in a movie once, but wasn't born yet to participate in the conflict.

1. When I said heard, I was talking about EVE online. There are plenty of Kotaku articles and the like chronicling the various exploits of EVE players in the name of political glory, and while I've heard little of whatever happened in Dark Sectors, the point was that it occured to me that the people who like EVE and the people who like Dark Sectors must be some kind of personality type who exist separate from the people who play PvE grinding shooters.

2. Okay, 30 people were able to break a gridlock on Xbox; it didn't happen on PC. I played on PC during that time, and I distinctly remembed an Orwellian regular switching of solar rails among a small group of Alliances. Heck, before that we had Eclipse holding all the rails for a good month. What does that mean, though?

I don't mean in the context of disproving that rail monopolies are unbreakable. I can't convince you of that because you played on  Xbox. I mean that if the community on PC never found themselves unable to summon up the will to break those monopolies, because the gamemode was bad or the rewards were inadequate or whatever, then something was wrong with Dark Sectors. I don't know why the devs took it off the rails, but I can assume it had something to do with it not working out the way they intended it to be.

3. Okay, you did 100 runs in one sitting. Great.

Why should I do that? The Dark Sectors might be nice farming spots and having high taxes on them sucks, but you'd be suprised how easily the community crafts a designated farming spot like Draco or Viver or Hieracon out of a single Defense node.

39 minutes ago, S.T.M.P.D said:

1. When I said heard, I was talking about EVE online. There are plenty of Kotaku articles and the like chronicling the various exploits of EVE players in the name of political glory, and while I've heard little of whatever happened in Dark Sectors, the point was that it occured to me that the people who like EVE and the people who like Dark Sectors must be some kind of personality type who exist separate from the people who play PvE grinding shooters.

2. Okay, 30 people were able to break a gridlock on Xbox; it didn't happen on PC. I played on PC during that time, and I distinctly remembed an Orwellian regular switching of solar rails among a small group of Alliances. Heck, before that we had Eclipse holding all the rails for a good month. What does that mean, though?

I don't mean in the context of disproving that rail monopolies are unbreakable. I can't convince you of that because you played on  Xbox. I mean that if the community on PC never found themselves unable to summon up the will to break those monopolies, because the gamemode was bad or the rewards were inadequate or whatever, then something was wrong with Dark Sectors. I don't know why the devs took it off the rails, but I can assume it had something to do with it not working out the way they intended it to be.

3. Okay, you did 100 runs in one sitting. Great.

Why should I do that? The Dark Sectors might be nice farming spots and having high taxes on them sucks, but you'd be suprised how easily the community crafts a designated farming spot like Draco or Viver or Hieracon out of a single Defense node.

1. How is EVE relevant to begin with ? This is a warframe forum.

2. If the community on PC weren't able to use the system and got rekt by a few alliances, then why did you take them away on console ?

3. I guarantee you, I can make more credits on a rail in an hour than you can do on any game mode on warframe. Comparing Solar Rails to Draco, Viver, or Hiercacon is a false equivalency because you get neither resources nor affinity while fighting on a Solar Rail. People on Xbone played rails for 2 reasons: Their clan/alliance or credits. I did 100 runs on our rail with NO BATTLEPAY, ON A WEEK NIGHT; not because I wanted credits, but because I wanted to see my Alliance succeed. That Rail was also the world record holding fastest rail conquer... Ever.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord

2 hours ago, Charko said:

Please. 

Unless arming the console in the loading bay is quicker with a keyboard, I don't see how you guys have an advantage. As you can see on deathsnacks, Xbone holds the record for fastest rail conquer. If your keyboard was as big of an advantage as you people make it out to be, you should have easily had our record broken a long time ago.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord

20 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Unless arming the console in the loading bay is quicker with a keyboard, I don't see how you guys have an advantage. As you can see on deathsnacks, Xbone holds the record for fastest rail conquer. If your keyboard was as big of an advantage as you people make it out to be, you should have easily had our record broken a long time ago.

I have noticed that you have never failed to get a chance to say that you "hold the record for fastest rail conquer." That doesn't mean anything anymore, so stop throwing it around to try to make yourself superior. You are not, so lets get that out of the way. Secondly, using a mouse is more accurate than using a controller. Everybody that has played with both will tell you this. That is not slighting controller users(i am one myself) that is just a fact. 

28 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

1. How is EVE relevant to begin with ? This is a warframe forum.

2. If the community on PC weren't able to use the system and got rekt by a few alliances, then why did you take them away on console ?

3. I guarantee you, I can make more credits on a rail in an hour than you can do on any game mode on warframe. Comparing Solar Rails to Draco, Viver, or Hiercacon is a false equivalency because you get neither resources nor affinity while fighting on a Solar Rail. People on Xbone played rails for 2 reasons: Their clan/alliance or credits. I did 100 runs on our rail with NO BATTLEPAY, ON A WEEK NIGHT; not because I wanted credits, but because I wanted to see my Alliance succeed. That Rail was also the world record holding fastest rail conquer... Ever.

I would like to address the second point here. They took it away for everybody because otherwise they'd need different builds for console and PC, which would put them even further back, update wise, and just create more work than needed. Sure, you liked Dark Sectors, but a vast majority of players didn't. (I know you will try to use anecdotal evidence to try to say otherwise, but the xbox community is not a good indicator for the entire WF community.)

33 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

Well good, if its what you thinks.
No matter what, it's still fly with chopstick as mentionned by Steve in the latest DevStream

39 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

1. How is Solar rail relevant to begin with ? This is a "current" conclave discussion.

I just want to bring back the debate to the main point. But as mentioned by Steve in the Dev Stream they are already regarding this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDVU9dwOAQ8

1 hour ago, Charko said:

Well good, if its what you thinks.
No matter what, it's still fly with chopstick as mentionned by Steve in the latest DevStream

1. How is Solar rail relevant to begin with ? This is a "current" conclave discussion.

I just want to bring back the debate to the main point. But as mentioned by Steve in the Dev Stream they are already regarding this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDVU9dwOAQ8

I want to bring up the fact that I didn't start talking about Solar Rails in this thread. I merely asked if the person making baseless claims had any proof.

23 hours ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

During the 5 months that I played rails on the Xbox One, Ive never seen an ash insta kill an entire map. I was sometimes on rails for 16 hours per day and I never experienced anything like what you guys mention. Does anyone have any footage of this ? Like, an ash vs an experienced defense team ?

12 minutes ago, (XB1)CFE Discord said:

I want to bring up the fact that I didn't start talking about Solar Rails in this thread. I merely asked if the person making baseless claims had any proof.

22 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

Solar rails were awful and unbalanced. 

30 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

I don't see the part where you fight the experienced team. You fought some specters. Specters aren't quite yet on the skill level of an experienced team. It took you roughly 2:10 to run it. That is pretty slow. SlvrDmon15 on Xbone can do it in less than two minutes without an ash on his team. There are faster ways to destroy the core others than ash.

I will refrain from responding to certain players to try to get the thread back on topic. The main issue i have with conclave is that high mobility is really the only viable build. There really isn't a way to counter it, or if there is, i haven't been aware of it yet. I played Conclave to get the skins, and i haven't bothered with it since. The games like Team Annihilation are much too one sided for my tastes, rarely is it an even match. Then there is the lag issue, but i don't think this will be solved anytime soon. I don't see enough players in Conclave to justify making dedicated servers. And honestly, i think people use lag as an excuse when they are playing poorly. I'm not saying lag doesn't exist, because it does, but i am sure it is exaggerated some on the forums.