Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigyn - Mirage Skin [Now on the Workshop]

novabjorn

Sigyn is now up on the Workshop, please check it out. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726038473

giql4fF.jpg

XFkJmrX.jpg

soSjDDL.jpg

pA97Bny.jpg

qsVUeof.jpg

ZH4Z2u7.jpg

Original Post:

After a brief hiatus I'm at it again. Was waiting for the new frames and decided to make something for Mirage. Meet Sigyn - in Norse mythology the wife of Loki who helps him during his captivity.

So far I've got my base two colors/shapes outlined and started some detailing of the secondary tone. I've played around with some metal bits, but i''m still unsure what i'm going to do with my metals, maybe more decorative filigree or big techy chunks embedded in the suit.  I'm still thinking through the hip guards so i'm leaving them till I have an idea i'm happy with.

Let me know what you all think. Cheers.

7xwAnrh.jpg

Edited by novabjorn
Added more current images

I really love the ripped pattern look. It definitely seems like awesome color schemes can be made but how will you split the coloring further without breaking the look?

As it is now, looks awesome ^^ Looking forward to seeing more. Maybe split the shinier part into 2 sections? Sorta mimicking the 2 shiny parts the original mirage's body is divided in. It may help people port their color schemes preserving how good it looks.

27 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

I really love the ripped pattern look. It definitely seems like awesome color schemes can be made but how will you split the coloring further without breaking the look?

As it is now, looks awesome ^^ Looking forward to seeing more. Maybe split the shinier part into 2 sections? Sorta mimicking the 2 shiny parts the original mirage's body is divided in. It may help people port their color schemes preserving how good it looks.

I'll be playing around with the detail coloring last as more of a polish thing. I'm definitely thinking of incorporating some of the split elements going on in the current skin. Only thing i don't like about the current accents is that they are so straight and geometric.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)sh3kvothe said:

I actually really like this. Do you plan on including this skin for her alternate helmets at some point in time later?

Best I can do is make sure that the same colors line up with the alternate helmets. There is currently no way for us to reskin the alternate helmets already in-game.

11 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I love the aesthetic, especially the torso. I'm a big fan of asymmetrical design. But the upper back doesn't quite look right to me, for some reason. Particularly the shoulderblades.

Cool, i'll definitely play around with the shoulder blades a bit more. They are part of the shoulder mesh so I can't play around with any assymetry on them, but i think finding a way to separate them from the shoulders themselves my solve your concern.

liking the face bit. Overall I would say you need to be carefull not to end up in a pattern-making process, basically try to avoid just coverin the entire skin in that pattern. Since you're replacing the normals etc with this you should still try to define function within your skin. 

1 hour ago, fredaven said:

liking the face bit. Overall I would say you need to be carefull not to end up in a pattern-making process, basically try to avoid just coverin the entire skin in that pattern. Since you're replacing the normals etc with this you should still try to define function within your skin. 

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. If you're referring to the details in the darker tone, those won't be making their way onto the lighter tones, that will just be sculpted into more "warframe" style shapes, but remain very plain. I'm also toning back some of the details in the darker tone so it isn't too busy, but the areas of rest will definitely be the lighter tones.

Thanks to everyone, btw, for the feedback.

ah sorry ill try to be clearer. 

If you look at the warframes they are organic in shape. but those organic shapes always have a purpose. things flow along a muscle. end up in another material thats also organic but loooks a bit likea  gauntlet and so on. It's armor/sci fi but it's not just shapes for the sake of shapes.

Your main body feels a bit like shapes for the sake of doing shapes. The helmet does not, there's a design element to the helmet that gives it function.

That being said they liked the zephyr skin so It's probarly all good:)

Very nice.

I would throw money for it.

I especially like the black textured areas in the example images. It looks like that kinda soft plastic/rubber you feel on some types of sports ball, or a plastic grip on something like hairbrush or toothbrush handle. 

I hope you can envision what material I am talking about. But that aspect of the skin is very nice indeed.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, blueboy90780 said:

I love this in general.

No offence, but I think it would be better if you would take out that knee plating would be better.

Thanks, unfortunately I can't make edits to the original model and I totally agree, they are kind of a pain in the &#! to work around.

@Major_Phantom I'll try to get an update up tonight actually. Progress has been slow since i'm only working on the sculpt during my lunch breaks right now. but i'm hoping to get some time in this weekend.

On 5/20/2016 at 10:19 PM, novabjorn said:

Alright here is a quick update on the sculpt. Still gotta finish the knee pads, hands, pauldrons and helmets and a few other detail bits here and there. Then i'll start playing around with some metal accents.

zyoY5Z7.jpg

It looks good but the knees are kind of weird, maybe make them closer to the actual legs itself might help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...