The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could i get banned if i purchase platinum with another account?

(PSN)Deadwing720

Question

Hi! I play on Ps4, and since i made the account i play on in 2014, i have always had the following problem:
My account is European (I had to made it European because at the time there wasnt an option to make an account in my country), so the thing is, i cant purchase Psn cards, nor buy anything with my credit card because my card is Costa Rican, so it doesnt let me. I tried to buy an European Psn card in Amazon, and it got lost! (Yea, the European cards are different, they actually send you these ones, instead of mailing you the code). And so far i have not found any other place to buy European Psn cards. So i was talking with a really close friend yesterday about the posibility of buying plat with his account, and then trading it over to mine (I know the gift option exists, but i want to buy Warframe Slots), so as the title says, could i get banned from doing this? 

5 answers to this question

It is a tricky matter... because even if you  have an european friend just buy a card for you and send you the code (you would need a lot of trust for that) even there in that case DE could get a bit angry with it and the whole ban issue they have been banning a lot of people on suppositions that they have done deals out of the game...so im not sure up to what point that would be safe...keeping your account safe should be priority number one

I dont know how PSN works but... don't you have any virtual wallet like Steam does? cant you buy virtually via credit card or paysafecard? or you can always try to buy PSN cards from a trusted seller of PSN cards I have no idea sorry...

My best advice is to just submit a ticket to DE support explaining your issue and see what is their approach on the matter.

DE wants your money and you want to give it to them so contacting support and telling them this will probably set you on the right path to do it without getting banned

Buying it with another account and sending it to yours is completely baneable and it would get you in trouble indeed. So dont do it.

Good luck!

Edited by Domaik

No no, my friend is Costa Rican too, but the thing is that he has an USA account, and even i can buy those Psn cards, unfortunately the USA, and EU Cards are region-locked, so he would buy the USA Psn card, and then trade me the plat or whatever. Thank you all anyway! I will submit a Ticket with support then, i wasnt sure if this was a subject that i should check with support directly.