Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the rules for an RP youtube videos?

LCPLAngelica

Question

So I want to do a bit of chronicling the adventures of LCPLAngelica, and I wanted to know what are the rules for making an In-Character stream.

I've seen plenty of Warframe player videos, but I don't want to get in trouble for doing the wrong things. So if I wanted to post gameplay footage on Youtube, what rules must I be aware of?

Be as exhaustive as possible please, thank you! :)

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, LCPLAngelica said:

I've seen plenty of Warframe player videos, but I don't want to get in trouble for doing the wrong things. So if I wanted to post gameplay footage on Youtube, what rules must I be aware of?

There are more rules than guidelines, what does apply you can find on the WF Homepage under "Warframe video policy" where the most important aspects to remember are:

"- Warframe and Digital Extremes logos – Do not use the Warframe and Digital Extremes logos without express written consent from Digital Extremes.

- Respect other creators - Other than Warframe content, please don’t include content that’s not your original creation unless you have permission from the creator."

Source: https://warframe.com/videopolicy

Oh, and keep me posted if you do decide to start your chronicles, Lance Corporal ;)

Well, the only rules I guess is copyright issues, make sure you sort that out and genral youtube rules

And then the general facts of "Mind/RP" Rules (Freeman's Mind Example) is: Don't be a squeaker, if your young and got a high-pitched voice,  then alot will dislike that. its pure fact. not wanting to be harsh. so trigger warning. Also try to be fluent english too

All I can think of, apologize if it sounded a little harsh, but its a fact of youtube now, if you been around youtube as long as I have, you'll understand.

Outside of the guidelines posted here: https://warframe.com/videopolicy

Within your content, you should be aware that you are not doing any actions that would fall under violation of the EULA, such as scamming, selling accounts, phishing for passwords, etc. Video evidence is great evidence. However, what you say in the video itself does not have to abide by the EULA so long as you don't expect to post it here to the forums. If you want to swear like a sailor, feel free, you just need to be aware of YouTube's content policies before uploading.

Moved to Players helping Players.