Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sharing accounts

Imaru

Question

Is there any way, writhin the EULA, short of willing it to someone, that you can share ownership of an account? I know you can put your war frame account into your will and give it to someone that way if you die, but is there any way to allow someone else access to your account while you're still alive?

NOTE: this is idle curiosity. I have no intention of sharing my account (or offing myself or someone else to gain access to other accounts). If I did I'd keep it to myself. 

2 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure that you don't actually own your account; DE does. When you sign the EULA, they're giving you permission to use your account and only you. Therefore, you can't put it in your will because it doesn't belong to you.

Imagine if you lent a close friend your iPad for a few days. Later, you find out that your friend lent your iPad to some dirty, smelly person that you don't know without asking you. Wouldn't that upset you?

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

Edited by xlraistlx
Emphasis.