Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'Mods Not Working' Bug. Please Fix ASAP

GinKenshin

Hoi Tenno, 

I wanna talk about this bug. it keeps happening to me everyday now. what it does is when you start the mission, some of your mods (mostly the ones that have clear effects, like flow, loot detector, redirection/vitality, fire rate...etc) will no longer work for the rest of the mission. sometimes all of your mods won't work 

I've found that some mods will start working again after a few minutes. and that dying and then reviving will get your mods working again. and mostly slow connection players (like me </3) get it, it always happens at the start of the mission and doesn't seem to were off unless reviving or extracting 

Please fix this bug because it's very annoying 

Thank You 

This bug is happening to me too.  I can usually get a mission or two where everything works fine and then some random mods seem to stop working in missions following.  Relogging fixes it for a while.

So far the mods that I can confirm have been effected are fleeting expertise, shotgun spazz, and vitality.

It seems damage mods may be effected as well but I haven't been able to confirm it.

1 hour ago, ArgonShadowstar said:

This bug is happening to me too.  I can usually get a mission or two where everything works fine and then some random mods seem to stop working in missions following.  Relogging fixes it for a while.

So far the mods that I can confirm have been effected are fleeting expertise, shotgun spazz, and vitality.

It seems damage mods may be effected as well but I haven't been able to confirm it.

dmg mods also have very clear affects. and they're by far the most annoying ones. you're basically useless for the entire mission if they don't work 

I get it about every 1/2 missions, seems to be tied to the current host, so as long as you're with them your mods won't work. It's quite frustrating to be practically useless for an entire mission though, especially on sorties. From what I've noticed only warframe augment mods continue to work, and your shields are always purple, though sometimes they will regen and others they won't. You can even tell if someone else has the bug by checking if their shields are at normal levels and purple.

9 hours ago, OG_DragonSkllzz said:

I get it about every 1/2 missions, seems to be tied to the current host, so as long as you're with them your mods won't work. It's quite frustrating to be practically useless for an entire mission though, especially on sorties. From what I've noticed only warframe augment mods continue to work, and your shields are always purple, though sometimes they will regen and others they won't. You can even tell if someone else has the bug by checking if their shields are at normal levels and purple.

that's because they have redirection on. I'm guessing when you JUST start the mission, like in the first few seconds, your mods ARE working, that's why you get the extra shields from redirection, but then they stop, and redirection acts if it's not there, but the extra shields from redirection stays as overshields

@Kenshin98No, if I have redirection on it increases max shields, but sometimes they regen and others they don't (other mods are still broken though) but even base shields count as overshields, although they always regen. Case in point ash prime with 375 shields (base at rank 30 with no shield mods) and they're still purple. Everyone who had this that I asked about their mods said they were in fact not working. Your hypothesis could be right though, and the overshield colour on base amount of shields could be a different bug.

Yeah i had same problem twice. (sortie rescue and mobile defense)

Some or all of my mods didnt work (duration, my weapon damage was very low, my warframe was slow, etc) during the whole mission. :C I was useless. My energy bar was even short (showed only 150 while i have 520 with loki) but when i used energy booster (or what) it got boosted to the max 520

1 hour ago, marsuna said:

Yeah i had same problem twice. (sortie rescue and mobile defense)

Some or all of my mods didnt work (duration, my weapon damage was very low, my warframe was slow, etc) during the whole mission. :C I was useless. My energy bar was even short (showed only 150 while i have 520 with loki) but when i used energy booster (or what) it got boosted to the max 520

I think when u get energy (from orbs or restores) the energy bar shows the energy you SHOULD have with your mods, but when you use an ability, it gets back to the base energy you have. I have this occur to me too 

I've seen this bug twice in the last few days, both where on draco. I got an issue where my normal shields where displayed as overshield (with purple text), and my weapons where doing unmodded damage. Had to abort the mission because I literally couldn't kill the lancers on the map even.

Hi,

I have the same trouble, but when he show up none of my mod work some time.I the picture under, only vitaly seem to work propely. Mod on warframe and on weapon they  not working, that make me lost key, since I can't know before the game the mission. I know the mission will bug even before using my thing since the HUD is strange. The HUD moving too. in the team, I'm the only one affected. The normaly easy mission become impossible to do when that append.

610098BUG.png

EDIT: after 1 hour, the bug stop and I get back all my power from my mod.

Edited by oppay48
update

This mod problem is caused by the Host of the game, if you are hosting and it is still happening, it is your problem, but if you are joining in on a mission with a dodgy host there isn't much you can do except die/revive as you suggested. I followed DEConnor's instructions and before the problem occurred multiple times daily and now rarely occurs, if at all.

e286a868cfa8a11b874d0a300bbb5b28.png

4 hours ago, oppay48 said:

snip

I have the same HuD, the focus is way off from its circle 

19 minutes ago, Drakshad said:

This mod problem is caused by the Host of the game, if you are hosting and it is still happening, it is your problem, but if you are joining in on a mission with a dodgy host there isn't much you can do except die/revive as you suggested. I followed DEConnor's instructions and before the problem occurred multiple times daily and now rarely occurs, if at all.

e286a868cfa8a11b874d0a300bbb5b28.png

I'll try what he said, hopefully that'll fix it. Though it still needs a proper fix >.>

hello there , i have the same problem sometimes with me hosting or when someone else dose , and it happens to me specially with excalibur , it did happend with ASh once but even the mods on my weapons seems not all of them there , no damage at all i can do here is some screen shots i have for what happens , every time i hit a MOB th damage i do is white damage while it should be more then that,some mods are there but some of them are not like for exemp stretch mod in , some times the flow mod or stream line and transient fortitude , i even thought this might have something with the infestation on the ship , some kind of infection got into the operator ^^

7HwvZYr.jpg?1

TJ9jL0W.jpg?1

Edited by Blackend00o

Guys I remember reading an update or hotfix about DE improving the performance of the game, but they highly suggest players to verify their caches. Have you all verified you caches? I don't recall having this issue on warframe, but I did have the overshield's glitch/bug on archwing like weeks ago.

I'm having this bug as well, every now and then when I join a pug group I'll load in and some of my mods won't be working. It will be both warframe and weapon mods. Yesterday I joined a mission and I had no duration, flow, fire rate, punch through or damage mods working. But mods like Redirection and Vitality were working fine.

On 4/26/2016 at 4:05 PM, Kenshin98 said:

I wanna talk about this bug. it keeps happening to me everyday now. what it does is when you start the mission, some of your mods (mostly the ones that have clear effects, like flow, loot detector, redirection/vitality, fire rate...etc) will no longer work for the rest of the mission. sometimes all of your mods won't work 

I've found that some mods will start working again after a few minutes. and that dying and then reviving will get your mods working again. and mostly slow connection players (like me </3) get it, it always happens at the start of the mission and doesn't seem to were off unless reviving or extracting 

I have also started experiencing this bug. None of my weapon mods will work at all, then I down myself and revive, everything works as they should. It's completely random, and restarting the game does not fix the weapons (it DOES fix warframe mods not working). An easy way I tell for now is to fire my Boltor Prime as soon as the match loads, and examine the fire rate. If it's too slow, I down myself and revive, problem solved. Doesn't work for everything, but it's worth a shot. (If DE sees this, I have an EE log from when this happened.)

It's worth noting that if a player revives you, the bug will not go away. You must go down and use one of your mission revives to correct the issue.

Edited by Soulflare3

I just started a thread about malfunctioning mods. I didn't realize, that there already is a thread about that topic. Nevertheless I experienced the bug too. I asked many players in the general chat about it and some suffered from the same bug. This needs to be fixed because it effects the majority of mods, despite augments.