Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question About Blinds

Gurpgork

Question

I've been playing a lot of Valkyr and Inaros lately (with a similar build), and I've noticed that enemies blinded by Desiccation appear to take far more damage from melee attacks than enemies stunned by Paralysis.

I thought both of these allowed melee attacks to benefit from the melee stealth multiplier. Am I mistaken? Am I just seeing something weird? Do I finally need to get around to unlocking the Simularum so that I can test this?

Edit: For clarity's sake, I'm referring to regular melee attacks against enemies debuffed by the ability, not finisher attacks. 

Edited by Gurpgork

6 answers to this question

Both abilities in question (Desiccation and Paralysis) do in fact trigger Stealth Finishers.

Here's a quick quote from the wiki about Paralysis specifically:

Stunned enemies are vulnerable to Finisher attacks. If the enemy cannot be attacked with a Finisher (either due to positioning or the enemy type), it will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks for the duration of the stun. As with other stealth attacks, coming into physical contact with the enemy while attacking will temporarily remove the damage bonus.

Perhaps it is because you come into actual physical contact with an enemy (your Collision Mesh hitting theirs) that you are getting smaller numbers with Valkyr?

EDIT:

Okay I'm back with the results.

I equipped a Jat Kittag to ensure that I wasn't running into an enemy while attacking it (Long range and stuff) and I used an unmodded Inaros and Valkyr (100% stats, no buffs at all, no auras.) against a Level 50 Bombard.

2515 damage on each stealth hit, for each frame. But I did notice something peculiar. After each hit on Desiccation, you could follow it up with subsequent ones without ruining your stealth damage. But after one hit for Paralysis, it resets... so you have to cast again to get follow up hits.

Apparently Valkyr was built with Finishers in mind, but this may as well be a bug perhaps... I don't know.

One hit from Valkyr, need to recast to get any other stealth hits. One hit from Inaros, and you can keep hitting them till either the ability wears off or the enemy dies.

Edit for the OP's Edit: These attacks were indeed normal melee attacks and not finishers. I made sure of that.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 hour ago, Souldend78 said:

Bug report? Who would get fixed?

Inaros, breaking his ability (assuming current state is not intended) or Valkyr, making her more appealing?

Personally, I think it's Valkyr who needs to be made more appealing. She doesn't have much going for her besides Hysteria in her current state. 

1 hour ago, Souldend78 said:

Also, are there any other blinds on check as well?

Possibly? But Inaros is the only frame I've been playing lately who has a blind, so that's just how I noticed. 

34 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

One hit from Valkyr, need to recast to get any other stealth hits. One hit from Inaros, and you can keep hitting them till either the ability wears off or the enemy dies.

That is certainly an interesting find. Thank you for testing this. 

Bug report? Who would get fixed?

Inaros, breaking his ability (assuming current state is not intended) or Valkyr, making her more appealing?

Also, are there any other blinds on check as well?

Edited by Souldend78