Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rolling with Ivara

xbone

Question

so i have crouch binded to L2 and double tap for roll.but theres also this "bug" that has been around for for years that makes you glide forwards when you are walking/running and tap crouch it almost a slide but not quite.i hope you guys know what im talking about.so this glide takes ivara out of steath on the most inopportune times.is there any work around this? 

3 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, xbone said:

so i have crouch binded to L2 and double tap for roll.but theres also this "bug" that has been around for for years that makes you glide forwards when you are walking/running and tap crouch it almost a slide but not quite.i hope you guys know what im talking about.so this glide takes ivara out of steath on the most inopportune times.is there any work around this? 

if you slide, you need to run

if you run, you get out of the prowl's invisibility

probably, or you pressed too much the button or you are asking for sensibility control to make the recognize that you are trying to run

anyway, you need to explain better, since rolling and aim glide doesn't remove the invisibility... are you trying to "bullet jump"? (crouch and jump)

Edited by Zeyez

If you are moving forward and on the ground when you tap crouch, you slide.  If you are in the air and moving forward and tap crouch you do a side-kick that knocks down enemies.  Neither of these are bugs, and both of these break Prowl.

Don't touch your crouch key when Prowling, ever. It also helps to bind rolling to a separate key, I do v so I can easily shift between double jumping and rolling on Ivara to gain momentum.

He's using a controller.  Your best bet will be to map roll to another button than slide/crouch.  

Here's my Xbone elite controller setup: It was done with Ivara in mind.

LB - Crouch/slide

RB - Power Menu

LT - Aim/Channel

RT - Fire/Block

L3 - Sprint Toggle

R3 - Secondary Fire

Y - Weapon Swap

X - Reload

A - Roll

B - Melee

Select- Show Map

Start- Menu