Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phage... Is it worth?

(PSN)Musicopia

Question

Sooo I really love the look of the Phage just wondering if it's capable  of dishing out sortie level damage? Should I just copy paste my hek build minus scattering justice for maybe shotgun spazz? My hek has 5 forma does the phage also require as much? Not that it's a problem just trying to get a general idea before I start investing in it. Thanks 

9 answers to this question

Yes i have it, but i just got it to 30 and moved on to the next item on the list. Im now at the point I have nothing left to level except some archwing stuff and I'm going back thru my collection and giving some weapons love (or forma whichever) and the phage just looks so cool imo, I've seen people compare to amprex but alas phage gets those nifty shotgun mods. 

When compared to some of the top of the line shottys it will always fall a little short as far as dps goes. what it does have is very concentrated elemental damage with a decent status chance. I usually use it in enhanced physical sorties. 

This is the build I usually use. It's mostly a damage build with ok status (4 forma)

Fm5AyDf.jpg

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

7 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

When compared to some of the top of the line shottys it will always fall a little short as far as dps goes. what it does have is very concentrated elemental damage with a decent status chance. I usually use it in enhanced physical sorties. 

This is the build I usually use. It's mostly a damage build with ok status (4 forma)

Fm5AyDf.jpg

Yea that's similar to the build that I had in mind, since phage comes with a naramon polarity already 4 forma will be good. I think I'll go ahead and get to work on it, even if just for the way it looks. Thanks for the replies. 

Just now, (PS4)Musicopia said:

Yea that's similar to the build that I had in mind, since phage comes with a naramon polarity already 4 forma will be good. I think I'll go ahead and get to work on it, even if just for the way it looks. Thanks for the replies. 

indeed. good luck

5 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I am not too fond of it to be honest. Also its worth noting that it has innate punch through and you should consider sinister reach to increase the range of the tentacles.

So possibly replace seeking fury with sinister reach? Do you by any chance know the distance of the punch thru? Is it less than 1.2?

It looks cool and tentacles, painted in smoke black are chtulu insanity. I have 2 formas iirc in mine, I was planning to use it more but damage on that weapon is for some reason, just lackluster. You'll see, on paper looks good but in practice, just fails to deliver. 

Some weapon are on paper meh but in practice just rule, like azima, amprex ... few others too, in this case it's vice versa I guess. 

Edited by ThorienKELL