Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's ready for our trip to the Rathroom?

Sitchrea

2 minutes ago, RunningFox said:

AFAIK, Its an entirely new dagger. And a new dagger stance **might** be coming out with it, or during the upcoming syndicate quests. I think they said which one, I just can't remember ATM.

Nice to know, thanks. But if they release a new dagger stance I really hope they will also put some new combos on the old stances aswell.

2 minutes ago, Megakruemel said:

I mean they could just decide which syndicate talks to us depending on the last sigil worn right?

This seems a pretty sensible thing: Currently equipped sigil for the same ranked syndicates, highest ranked syndicate if multiple ones at different tiers.

7 minutes ago, RunningFox said:

I'd agree that they'll need to be careful if they switch around too much stuff with the syndicates. however, with the new syndicate quests coming out, I don't really see how they can leave everything the same. DE has a way of kinda dropping bombshells when they release stoyline quests... *looks at SD* 

Ah the gunlance, not a weapon I see to often. I personally never quite got the hang of using it, but every now and then I take a stab at it. Or should I say... poke?

Change is certainly something, just it'll be...interesting if after the events we find the associations all over the place as new allies are formed and our pool of accessible rep goes. After all I can foresee huge furore if we end up with the entire known relationships changing as that means people have entirely new (potentially) access to certain things whilst losing out what they were used to. Good or ill...just going to have to see.

As for the Gunlance, certainly takes a bit of dedication. For what it's worth, I could never get my head around the regular lance. I seem to have an affinity with the weapons that go boom, the others being Switch Axe and Charge Blade. But the Gunlance has been a reliable staple since Freedom Unite, glad it's been improved.

1 hour ago, Blakrana said:

Gunlance is my main personally.

My Tenno. There's nothing like the rush of a monster running screaming into you only to meet the cold, unyielding surface that used to be a Brachydios's face. Then lowering it, muttering "Is that all you've got?" and stabbing into its neck before unleashing an explosive shotgun blast into its flesh.

Just now, BlaineKodos said:

My Tenno. There's nothing like the rush of a monster running screaming into you only to meet the cold, unyielding surface that used to be a Brachydios's face. Then lowering it, muttering "Is that all you've got?" and stabbing into its neck before unleashing an explosive shotgun blast into its flesh.

Indeed. Empress X, Lavasioth X and Kujala X armour make for great versatility I've found. Whilst the Nerscylla, Rathian and Lunastra gunlances are just beautiful, both practically and aesthetically. Though I need to get back to working up the Rathian line...G rank materials are fickle.

It's also damned hilarious to be quite proficient at mounting attacks with the slowest weapon in the game.

Just now, Blakrana said:

Indeed. Empress X, Lavasioth X and Kujala X armour make for great versatility I've found. Whilst the Nerscylla, Rathian and Lunastra gunlances are just beautiful, both practically and aesthetically. Though I need to get back to working up the Rathian line...G rank materials are fickle.

It's also damned hilarious to be quite proficient at mounting attacks with the slowest weapon in the game.

I'm still in HR stuff right now (I only started playing the series in 4U) but Gunlance has done me right the whole game. Sometimes I branch off into Switch Axe but I usually come back for more serious stuff. As for mounting, getting good at it with a slow weapon is exactly why I've been looking forward to the Aerial style in Generations. I think I can work some magic with that ability to mount when I want to.

Just now, BlaineKodos said:

I'm still in HR stuff right now (I only started playing the series in 4U) but Gunlance has done me right the whole game. Sometimes I branch off into Switch Axe but I usually come back for more serious stuff. As for mounting, getting good at it with a slow weapon is exactly why I've been looking forward to the Aerial style in Generations. I think I can work some magic with that ability to mount when I want to.

It's all about finding what you like and going from there I find. Experiment, get an idea and once you know 'the one' you're set. There's nothing you can't Gunlance once you have a grip on the way it behaves. Solid and reliable weapon.