Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Shared Affinity In Parties

Cat__Nap

Question

So, quick question. I know how affinity works when leveling your weapons/frames, but I was wondering if the same rules apply for affinity shared by teammate kills. In other words, if you have an excal spamming EB all over the room, or a maim equinox wrecking face, does the affinity you're earning from them get shared equally across everything you have, as if you're getting weapon kills, or does it only go to your frame since it's a frame ability making the kills? I'm guessing it's shared equally, but wanted to make sure - I run with valkyrs as teammates a lot, as two of the friends I play with frequently love her, and I also play equinox a lot myself.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

2 answers to this question

Simple.

Your warframe power kill = 100% affinity to warframe.

Your weapon kill = 50% affinity to warframe, 50% to used weapons (other weapons are neglected).

Shared affinty is any affinity coming from other sources, like team mates kills and mission objectives like Spy Vault hacked, MobDef terminal defended, interception capture / domination, etc..

Shared affinity = 25% affinity goes to your warframe and 75% divided by the amount of weapons you're carrying.

Meaning, if you're using just 1 weapon, 75% goes to it. If 2 weapons, 37.5% for each, if 3 weapons, each gains 25%.

tl:dr sort of: If you want to level 1 weapon, unequip the other 2 and let everyone make the kills :P.  leveling warframe, best using powers to kill or use your own weapons to kill, shared is the slowest unless you have people killing bigger hoards faster than you would using a weapon.

Wish I could maximize leveling Sentinels like this...

Manyc, would it be safe to say that, whatever the rate that shared Affinity comes in at (100% of the other players' Affinity, or evenly split among team-members, so 25% / 33.3% / 50%, or in some other way) it's still divided among your own Warframe & weapons in the same percentages as your own earned Affinity?