Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over 200% crit chance?

D4K4R

Question

Hello. With a War build I've found I will have 240% crit chance on a 3x combo multiplier. At 100% crit chance I always yellow crit. At 200% I will always redcrit. What happens at 240%? 40% chance to do a crit of the redcrit or it caps at 200%?

10 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

Mind posting the build you're using?

Here u go: pressure point, berserker, organ shatter, true steel, body count, blood rush r10, life strike(prefer r1), and an elemental mod of ur choice/collision force/primed heavy trauma.

Edit: Using tempo royale, its the best. But spin2win might work aswell

Edited by D4K4R

3 minutes ago, D4K4R said:

Hello. With a War build I've found I will have 240% crit chance on a 3x combo multiplier. At 100% crit chance I always yellow crit. At 200% I will always redcrit. What happens at 240%? 40% chance to do a crit of the redcrit or it caps at 200%?

You will just do more red crit dmg. Youll notice when you hit a big red crit number

further levels of Crit Chance after 200% yields Red Critting a second, third, fourth, or more time on top of the previous Red Crit.

Damage * (Crit Multiplier + (Red Crit level * (Crit Multiplier -1))).

so at 300% Crit Chance you will Crit, Red Crit, and then Red Crit again.

Edited by taiiat
missing close bracket.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

You will just do more red crit dmg. Youll notice when you hit a big red crit number

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

further levels of Crit Chance after 200% yields Red Critting a second, third, fourth, or more time on top of the previous Red Crit.

Damage * (Crit Multiplier + (Red Crit level * (Crit Multiplier -1)).

so at 300% Crit Chance you will Crit, Red Crit, and then Red Crit again.

So it doesnt cap at 200% and the crit multiplier goes on, but it will remain red. Thank you for the info! 

PS: I would love a black or purple crit for over 200% :)))

7 minutes ago, D4K4R said:

PS: I would love a black or purple crit for over 200%

it's a lot simpler the way it is. you continue to get a bonus for going higher, without having to do anything different. it's the best answer. because this covers all Crit related things, forever. it will work forever, without needing work again.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it's a lot simpler the way it is. you continue to get a bonus for going higher, without having to do anything different. it's the best answer. because this covers all Crit related things, forever. it will work forever, without needing work again.

while yes, I agree. it'd still be nice to have a visual representation of our crit going past redcrit by using a different colour.

4 minutes ago, KiloFoxx said:

while yes, I agree. it'd still be nice to have a visual representation of our crit going past redcrit by using a different colour.

there's only so many colors, and most of them have terrible visibility and/or contrast from each other.

the basic white numbers are already pretty bad, when there's constant explosions in the game, making for white on white, just ilke the User Interface - meaning almost zero legibility.

if there had to be a visual, Damage Numbers having a space and a +1 or an icon with a number in it or something like that to represent how many times you've Red Crit or w/e. doesn't add further legibility problems.

13 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there's only so many colors, and most of them have terrible visibility and/or contrast from each other.

the basic white numbers are already pretty bad, when there's constant explosions in the game, making for white on white, just ilke the User Interface - meaning almost zero legibility.

if there had to be a visual, Damage Numbers having a space and a +1 or an icon with a number in it or something like that to represent how many times you've Red Crit or w/e. doesn't add further legibility problems.

I personally don't have any issues reading the numbers. but then again I play without Bloom or Motion Blur on, so maybe that contributes to it.

I don't really mind what the visual cue is for it, just so long as there's some indication that we uber-crit. hell I'll even take an announcer shouting "UBER!" Unreal Tournament style. though it would get annoying after a while

1 hour ago, D4K4R said:

Here u go: pressure point, berserker, organ shatter, true steel, body count, blood rush r10, life strike(prefer r1), and an elemental mod of ur choice/collision force/primed heavy trauma.

Edit: Using tempo royale, its the best. But spin2win might work aswell

Thanks!