Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laptop - Can someone give me a recommended graphic options, etc. ?

BlazingKinji

Question

Like the title says, i would like to see how much i can improve my graphics, audio, screen effects, etc. while playing warframe without suffering a lot of graphic lag... 

I know it's already a problem playing on a laptop and not on a Desktop but it was a birthday gift so it's all i have for now.

My laptop's specifications: 

- Windows 10

- AMD A10 - 5745 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (4CPUs) 2.10 GHz.

- 8.00 GB (RAM)

- Video:  AMD Radeon HD 8610G + HD 8670M Dual 6.2 GB

3 answers to this question

annoyingly, you have a Notebook with an iGPU and a dedicated GPU.
so for every game you play, you'll need to double check that the game is using your dedicated GPU, as you'll get much, much better performance then.

i don't want to sound like a jerk but unless i spend 6 hours reading the architecture diagram for that Processor and holding that GPU under a microscope to compare to other mobile GPU's, i can't tell you what your machine is really capable of.
the best thing you can do, is start with everything on, and then turn things off/down to improve performance.

what i can say though, is to disable Local Reflections, Tessellation, and Ambient Occlusion to not bother with some of the stuff that's usually the heaviest to process, that only add fine details.

after that you might find reason to disable Depth of Field as it is a bit GPU intensive to calculate, dropping Particle Quality down a bit as it can be intensive in crowded areas.
but only you can identify those sorts of things, based on your experiences with performance on your own computer.

Laptop user here too, these are the settings I use to get at least 24fps, even with an extra monitor attached.

Specs:

Spoiler

- Windows 10

- Intel Pentium 3805U (2CPUs) 1.90Ghz

- 8.00 GB RAM

- No dedicated video card

- Display Mode: Fullscreen

- Video Resolution: 1280x720 (1600x900 is a bit too much)

- Local Reflections: off

- Geometry Detail: Low

- Particle System Quality: Low

- Shadow Quality: Low

- Texture Memory: Low

- Anti-aliasing: Low

- Depth of field: off

- Motion Blur: off

- Dynamic Lighting: off

- Character Shadows: off

- Weapon Elemental FX: off

Only serious problem is that loading into missions can take 3-4x longer than everyone else, and for about 5-10secs after loading in the gameplay is very unresponsive, after which it stabilises and becomes acceptable.

Yeah, i don't even know exactly to calculate all the pro's and con's of this laptop. Still complaining about some problems.

But returning to the theme, as far as i been playing, the only problem i can encounter so far it's at the moment when the room starts to fill up with bunch of enemies, my screen freezes like for about half a second but it really drops a bit my FPS.