The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier rework [Vacuum too!]

Freefall357

A quick brainpoop to get it out there.  [Have not looked to see if the idea is already out there.

Vacuum
either removed [with passive vacuum added to frames, or not] or allowed on every sentinel.

Carrier
New Carrier mod that increases the max ammo the player can carry. [scales with rank +20% to +150%(200?)]
The bonus would likely work off base capacity and be added AFTER any multipliers, to keep it from getting out of hand later.

It seems like this ability would not be too OP, ad in all likelihood would get people using other sentinels.  This WOULD be useful for frames that know they are carrying an ammo-eater or a sniper/bow.  They give up Cloak/MoreGun/CC/whatever the others have to focus on THEIR weapon. They can also use it in place of ammo mutations to free up that slot potentially. It would also be nice to have in boss fights.  Outside of that, you wouldnt really need it and other sentinels would see more play.
I think it gives more options without taking anything away....that seems good.

Alternate brainpoop
Carrier mod gives ammo regen [scaled with type].

It has a little nano-factory that creates ammo slowly.
This would be less early/fast game impact, but would help through the whole mission.  I think it should be slow enough that it will not support constant attacking by any means...but enough to stretch how long you can go before running dry by a noticeable amount. This should give a more conservative player a way to get away from ammo mutators and fit one more damage mod on their gun.

my apologies if this is all covered before...it was cathartic. ^_^

I would like to have Ammo Mutation moved to sentinels or carrier, that would free up those slots on weapons while giving sentinels even more utility. I would love it if your carrier would suck up all those unused ammo packs lying around and feed them to your warframe over time :)

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:20 AM, CrudShuzKong said:

I would like to have Ammo Mutation moved to sentinels or carrier, that would free up those slots on weapons while giving sentinels even more utility. I would love it if your carrier would suck up all those unused ammo packs lying around and feed them to your warframe over time :)

bump

On 5/2/2016 at 2:27 AM, Bronjun said:

I thought DE stated specifically that vacuum is exclusive to carrier. 

They did.

However, the bigger issue is that the second you offer any ideas that still include Vacuum being exclusive to Carrier, the forums will chew you up and spit you out because how dare you offer a rework that keeps Vacuum useful but doesn't make it the end-all-be-all of utility that it is.

On 5/2/2016 at 2:27 AM, Bronjun said:

I thought DE stated specifically that vacuum is exclusive to carrier. 

Yep, learning how to go exactly above drops is a crucial skill that should be required in a shooting game, it is imperative that the player knows how to use the keyboard and mouse, master DWASDDWASDWASD, to direct their warframe right above the required drop with good precision. Picking up ammo boxes is the next pro level, even if you are not getting paid, you will still be pro, guaranteed. Aiming enemies is optional, you need to aim at the drops, time the bullet jump and land on it, for dem extra points. Dodge around enemies? no no, you capoeira around drops to ensure dominance then you go over them. Applying vacuum to everything will diminish this important skill and gameplay technique, the strategy surrounding stepping over drops is the true endgame, if you are missing drops, its because you are a noob.

7GLQcBj.gif

Don't worry, in two years they will realize the absurdity of it, like they have done with everything they have and are reworking right now.

Edited by nms.