Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Rathuum

dthorn92

PAY ATTENTION TO TEXT GOOD LORD LOL

It's not the still ridiculous 1 shot potential (it's some of it) it's not the bullet sponge nature of the enemies, and even starting with zero energy isn't the worst. It's the fact that only a few frames can go in and solo it or be useful. I have a max duration Limbo and banish literally doesn't even last long enough to line up a shot with my Tigris. Cataclysm isn't an option because I will get f***ing melted in there faster than I can blink. What do I see in PU play? Ash Prime, Ash Prime, Ash Prime, ooh a Valkyr! Maybe, MAYBE a Slowva. Are you kidding me? So I get punished for using a frame and trying to use his kit but Ash and Valkyr are free to spam their 4 until they have 25 kills? I don't mind getting carried but I should be able to do SOMETHING. This isn't Halo I want to use my damn abilities and have them work more than half a second. Pretty garbage. If you're gonna make abilities useless make them ALL useless. God awful idea. Extremely frustrating. BTW did manage to solo it with Limbo but it wasn't fun and I barely pulled it off. 

Edited by dthorn92

3 hours ago, dthorn92 said:

Yeah in the boss fight, I fail to see how he's effective in the arena vs the executioners

He can't stay out of the rift or he will die repeatedly and the Executioners, (particularly Garesh) hardly ever stay banished long enough to one shot them. I've been playing Limbo forever, I know what i'm doing, i'm not some noob who just started playing.

3 hours ago, hazerddex said:

go into rift bring tigris or another heavy hitting gun

use parkor system

put enemy you want to kill into the rift

profit

dude. lol not trying to argue with you. IF you read what I said, or tried Limbo their you would know that they literally instantly pop out of the rift. So quick that I could simultaneously fire my Sancti Tigris as I banish and it would hit them for 0 because they popped out so quick. As I said, i can and have solo'd it but it's a *@##$ because Banish lasts .000001 seconds

2 minutes ago, dthorn92 said:

dude. lol not trying to argue with you. IF you read what I said, or tried Limbo their you would know that they literally instantly pop out of the rift. So quick that I could simultaneously fire my Sancti Tigris as I banish and it would hit them for 0 because they popped out so quick. As I said, i can and have solo'd it but it's a *@##$ because Banish lasts .000001 seconds

that takes long practice with limbo seeing as if it did not last 1 second the enemy would instant gib you like in most high level mission i would recommend trying a quick draw style fight in the simulator 

Ice Chroma works well (if you have Zenurik or something similar). Build for strength, duration, and efficiency, and keep 2 and 3 up. Tanks level 60 executioners like a boss. Loki can work if you have duration w/ invisibility and a QT strength/durability banshee can keep sonar up and shotgun the bejeezus out of executioners.

Most frames will work with a strong burst DPS weapon (hek, tigris, tonkor) if you build for movement speed and durability (vigor, redirection, rush, speed drift, armored agility, vitality, and your favorite ability mods). You really just need to keep moving and be able to tank an incidental hit.

that takes long practice with limbo seeing as if it did not last 1 second the enemy would instant gib you like in most high level mission i would recommend trying a quick draw style fight in the simulator 

They do insta-gib you. Because Banish lacks any CC vs. executioners they keep firing weapons and attacking as normal, even as you cast banish on them. Banish does nothing to interrupt their actions as it does with other enemies. All i'm saying is it is insanely more difficult using a frame like Limbo vs one like Ash. I get that some frames will always be stronger than others but it shouldn't be that huge of a gap. 

1 minute ago, dthorn92 said:

They do insta-gib you. Because Banish lacks any CC vs. executioners they keep firing weapons and attacking as normal, even as you cast banish on them. Banish does nothing to interrupt their actions as it does with other enemies. All i'm saying is it is insanely more difficult using a frame like Limbo vs one like Ash. I get that some frames will always be stronger than others but it shouldn't be that huge of a gap. 

oh i get that iv been asking to make ashs blade storm only hit the enemy once like it does with bosses so he does not cheese it its also anoying if your chroma and trying to get 100 kills skillfuly and not cheesing it and a ash shows up and ruineds your fun 

Edited by hazerddex

3 hours ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

Ice Chroma works well (if you have Zenurik or something similar). Build for strength, duration, and efficiency, and keep 2 and 3 up. Tanks level 60 executioners like a boss. Loki can work if you have duration w/ invisibility and a QT strength/durability banshee can keep sonar up and shotgun the bejeezus out of executioners.

Most frames will work with a strong burst DPS weapon (hek, tigris, tonkor) if you build for movement speed and durability (vigor, redirection, rush, speed drift, armored agility, vitality, and your favorite ability mods). You really just need to keep moving and be able to tank an incidental hit.

Oh I totally get that their are frames that can do it! I appreciate the advice btw. I've farmed the hell out of the mission (got a couple Vengeful's even!) and i'm just saying it's not good that a handful of flames completely invalidate other frames their. While some frames will always be stronger it shouldn't be that giant of a gap. I have used Zephyr and Loki to good effect and can attest to their usefulness. But i've brought a couple other frames their that took every bit of skill I had to do even remotely close to as good as someone with an Ash or Valk are. It's like this; Mag was god at Corpus but just about every other frame could do awesome vs them as well; in Raathum there's like 4-5 frames that completely cheese it and the rest are liabilities 

22 minutes ago, dthorn92 said:

Oh I totally get that their are frames that can do it! I appreciate the advice btw. I've farmed the hell out of the mission (got a couple Vengeful's even!) and i'm just saying it's not good that a handful of flames completely invalidate other frames their. While some frames will always be stronger it shouldn't be that giant of a gap. I have used Zephyr and Loki to good effect and can attest to their usefulness. But i've brought a couple other frames their that took every bit of skill I had to do even remotely close to as good as someone with an Ash or Valk are. It's like this; Mag was god at Corpus but just about every other frame could do awesome vs them as well; in Raathum there's like 4-5 frames that completely cheese it and the rest are liabilities 

wait vengfeuls reverents is a kayla drop?!

all i ever got was fusion cores...

Yeah like I said .25% drop rate. less than 1% ma dude. Farmed it basically since the event came out before I got a rare mod like that. Ended up with over 1,000 judgement points and like 70 gold cores (starting from 0)

Lemme crunch some numbers

Dok Thul: 50% duration reduction
Gorth: 85% duration reduction
All others: 75% duration reduction

As long as your Banish is lasting at least 30 seconds (i.e. Continuity and no negDur mods), you should be good; they'll stay banished for about 7 seconds

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Lemme crunch some numbers

Dok Thul: 50% duration reduction
Gorth: 85% duration reduction
All others: 75% duration reduction

As long as your Banish is lasting at least 30 seconds (i.e. Continuity and no negDur mods), you should be good; they'll stay banished for about 7 seconds

I believe you, and not arguing at all, but when I was playing PUG I was stunned at how short the duration was (i have maxed continuity and constitution as well as maxed narrow minded) and it was nearly instant, especially when it came to Garesh. So I went solo and same results. Barely enough time to one shot an enemy if lucky, several executioners instantly when out of it. I think some of them have a roll, maybe they're somehow jumping out early? 

3 hours ago, dthorn92 said:

I believe you, and not arguing at all, but when I was playing PUG I was stunned at how short the duration was (i have maxed continuity and constitution as well as maxed narrow minded) and it was nearly instant, especially when it came to Garesh. So I went solo and same results. Barely enough time to one shot an enemy if lucky, several executioners instantly when out of it. I think some of them have a roll, maybe they're somehow jumping out early? 

Hmm... It's possible that they might have the "diminishing returns" mechanic. Lemme crunch another number

(40*0.25)*0.25 = 2.5 seconds

That would do it, wouldn't it?