Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Vs. Banshee?

Demeus

Yes, I know they are two different kinda of play styles.

Yes, I know I'm comparing apples to oranges.

But I am able to build one of them (Both eventually). What kind of play styles do they run on mainly? Which one is more worth it for someone who enjoys Co-op? Brute in-action player? etc.? Thanks :)

If you like slaughtering corpus, go with Banshee (Only need soundquake, solo wave 25 on corpus defense).

Ember is OP against everything (except corpus proxies xD). Ember can be played as a tank (Overheat build) or CC (WoF, FB build). 

Note: Fire damage goes triple against infested

embers ult is better than banshee's by far, u don't have to worry about being imobile and getting slaughtered by gunfire...stupid vulnerability -_- *facepalm*

that's not a problem anymore becasue all enemies around get staggered when using sounnquake

The way I see it:

-Against Grineer, Ember wins out over Banshee due to the defensive utility and CC she has.

-Against Corpus, Banshee is a pretty clear winner.

-Against Infested, both frames kick &#! against low wave, light infested (although Ember is better imo due to having a more mobile ulti).  In higher waves, Banshee tends to win out due to Sonar and Sonic Boom being invaluable for dispatching ancients.

So... both frames are solid, it just depends what you intended to fight and at what level you intend to fight it.  Take that as you will and with a fistful of salt.

Yup.

But you could still get shade and it will hide you 99% of the times you use soundquake.

i guess, hopefully de will come to their senses tho, andi wish they'd make silence effective in groups, giving it a rework or something

Well Demeus, I own both frames and can confidently say I like Ember better. I am more of a front-line fighter kind of person. I would rather be in the thick of it absorbing fire with Overheat and blasting groups of enemies with pretty much any of Embers abilities. Banshee simply cannot do that. That said, Banshee is great at manipulating the battlefield. Sonar is great if you don't have enemy radar and it grants a bit more damage from weapons. Shockwave is a great knockback for cc and soundquake's AoE is preposterous, stagger and usually killing whole crowded rooms of enemies. She is also the clear choice, between the 2, for anyone who wants to play a stealthier build, since silence and sonar, with the help of a shade, can actually make stealth feasible. 

Hope that quick review helps you.

I know I'm gonna take some flack from fanboys for this, but honesty is honesty...

If you're gonna build them both eventually, build the ember first. Because it's completely useless at later levels. So might as well use it when it's actually useful.

It's all up to you in the end, both are good frames, despite what the Wiki says about Ember, which I hope people don't depend on the Wiki to make their decisions. I trust my own judgement with a little Youtube searching, but as I said, both are good frames, but I personally like Ember over Banshee. I can just about wreck any planet with her solo. Just make sure you're packing Flow, Steamline, Stretch, Focus, Redirection, and Continuity (Energy Siphon optional). Just a few mod suggestions.

I know I'm gonna take some flack from fanboys for this, but honesty is honesty...

If you're gonna build them both eventually, build the ember first. Because it's completely useless at later levels. So might as well use it when it's actually useful.

i use ember all the time in later lvls, i've actually cleared t3's with her quite easily. WoF + Gorgon = dead things

^

This

Seriously, I don't know if people are just repeating what they're reading off of the Wiki or they've tested Ember in later levels themselves, because I'm doing fine with her. :|

i love when people used to say she was useless

the only thing that needs to happen with ember imo, fireball could use a damage buff, and Fireblast needs to be fixed so it damages everything inside the ring, not just stuff on the edges. Other than that, she's fine.

Edited by Reaver_X

i use ember all the time in later lvls, i've actually cleared t3's with her quite easily. WoF + Gorgon = dead things

Yes, things that would be considered "early levels."

You have 4 skills. They do damage, damage, damage, and damage. This means you lack utility, and lack scalability.

Which means when you come across enemies that have 20k+++ health. Your skills that do 1k damage and nothing else become worthless. Comparative to CC and mobility skills which assist you in using your extremely pimped guns(in your case Gorgon), which is where your relevant damage comes from. This is what people cite as "high level."

But people rampant with fanboyism and "oooh fire" syndrome seem to not understand this extremely basic concept.

She's very strong at low levels. Which is why I said "build her first" as opposed to "don't build her at all." But when it comes to endgame, damage skills become moot across the board. And it becomes all about utility. This applies to all frames.

Edited by NessOnett

Yes, things that would be considered "early levels."

You have 4 skills. They do damage, damage, damage, and damage. This means you lack utility, and lack scalability.

Which means when you come across enemies that have 20k+++ health. Your skills that do 1k damage and nothing else become worthless. Comparative to CC and mobility skills which assist you in using your extremely pimped guns(in your case Gorgon), which is where your relevant damage comes from. This is what people cite as "high level."

But people rampant with fanboyism and "oooh fire" syndrome seem to not understand this extremely basic concept.

She's very strong at low levels. Which is why I said "build her first" as opposed to "don't build her at all." But when it comes to endgame, damage skills become moot across the board. And it becomes all about utility. This applies to all frames.

This is an amazing and true post.