Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Eternal War + hysteria build?

Z3ox

Question

Hi everyone! :D, i'm looking for a good build for the Valkyr based in Hysteria, but with the Aug mod Eternal war. This is because my build have the issue of the Energy drain v/s the duration of eternal war between kills :/. Can you give me a advice?

7 answers to this question

This is my build:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_4233220030_5-6-5-12-1-10-34-8-5-49-0-10-55-2-5-479-4-10-481-3-10-518-7-3-615-9-5-726-5-5_49-8-12-8-55-6-481-7-479-7-726-8-5-9-518-9-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-19

This'll get you through everything you need.

Wanna go to 500 in endless Rathuum solo? Here it is. Wanna go through every survival sortie possible without ever getting out of Hysteria? This'll do it.This'll go through high level everything.

This is what I use as the melee weapon for Hysteria:

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Skana_prime/t_30_230020002_226-5-5-239-7-5-240-3-3-241-1-5-244-2-5-247-4-5-254-6-5-488-0-10-610-8-3_488-7-241-6-244-9-240-7-247-5-226-9-254-11-239-9-610-10/en/4-0-23

Stance, of course, doesn't matter, nor does the weapon itself. Can't use certain mods with Hysteria, so this is an old-style build. Organ Shatter in build due to Hysteria's crazy crit chance. You can do any two elementals you want.

I can't screenshot my build right now, but for my Hysteria build, I do this:

Steel Charge as Aura

Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Intensify

Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Eternal War

Streamline, Fleeting Expertise

And then Power Drift, Rush, or Coaction Drift as the Exilus.

Personally, I prefer a Paralysis/Warcry and forget Hysteria kind of build. 

There are certain mission types where Warcry is just going to run out occasionally. Defense missions are probably the biggest offenders because of the pause between waves. If you are constantly resetting Warcry you are going to kill your energy reserves no matter how good your duration/efficiency is. You just need to accept that it won't be up all the time is such situations. Not to mention you really don't need it until you get to the "higher level" enemies anyways. Between insane damage from slide attacks (squishy enemies/CC immune enemies) and ground attacks (harder enemies not immune to CC) you don't need Warcry. I was killing off level 750+ mobs with relative easy in the Rathuum without Warcry (had the armored guy who had the damage mitigation and immune to CC, who was basically a boss but still died 20-40 seconds).

Warcry is a great buff, especially for things like solo survival and group play. But for solo play it is far from a necessity unless you are trying to push the absolute limits of what you can do. I do carry it on my normal build, but I honestly forget to even pop it more than half the time so it really is kind of a wasted slot for me.

If you are having problems with energy and have the typical duration/efficiency mods, my guess is you need to mod your weapon properly (increase your damage/lower kill time) and not rely on having Warcry up all the time (trigger discipline for warframe abilities). Learn to use it when you need it. You can do absolutely fine with continuity, flow and streamline to support hysteria if you aren't starving yourself. If you have that base and are having issues with a decently modded weapon, there is probably a playstyle issue.

Edited by Wopel

This is my safe general use build:

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift

Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Eternal War

Vitality, Steel Fiber, Rage

Intensify can be replaced with Energy Conversion for a little more Strength, but only if you're diligent about casting powers after getting an Orb.

Vitality, Steel Fiber and Rage could be swapped for more Power or Duration, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're very confident you won't get Nullified or energy drained.

5 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

The best recommendation is probably not playing on hysteria at all...

Play a basestat build with high strength, medium duration and rage... just using vitality, prime flow and possibly QT and armor is enough to stay alive forever when you use naramon and regular melee is just so much stronger then her hysteria imo...

How would a normal melee weapon outDPS Hysteria? At 200% power strength, Hysteria has 500 base damage. Broken War in Dervish is 270, War in Tempo 280, and they're a hell of a lot slower. Mods, Warcry and Naramon apply to Hysteria too so I don't see how they would close the gap.

2 hours ago, OniGanon said:

How would a normal melee weapon outDPS Hysteria? At 200% power strength, Hysteria has 500 base damage. Broken War in Dervish is 270, War in Tempo 280, and they're a hell of a lot slower. Mods, Warcry and Naramon apply to Hysteria too so I don't see how they would close the gap.

Red Crits, Combo multipliers, stance multipliers.

Scindo P with cleaving whirlwind for example: 120 basedamage x4 stance, x2-4 Combo, x~7-12? red crit...

Sure the raw basedamage of this ability is decent but the range and combos are just horrible and thers a lotta excludet mods that just give better results imo. You're where hysteria is in this example by using the cleaving whirlwind stance ALONE. The mod amplified damage is x3-x5 of what hysteria is able to do after that. On better range. You get similar results with absolutely any weapon that has somewhat crit.

The stealth finisher damage is higher tho. Only rivaled by daggers that can be similar dps wise but may not be quite there... but ey, you can still use hysteria for that purpose. On builds that allow Rage and can therefore be used with negative efficiency...

Hysteria finishers are stronger,

Your DPS is higher,

And your energy management is divine by just not playing on hysteria. This ability is accessable af but definitly not her strongest playstyle as it stands.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

The best recommendation is probably not playing on hysteria at all...

Play a basestat build with high strength, medium duration and rage... just using vitality, prime flow and possibly QT and armor is enough to stay alive forever when you use naramon and regular melee is just so much stronger then her hysteria imo...

Wanna revive someone? Trigger Hysteria for a bit. No reason to waste dps all the time...