Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New tileset confirmed for U19!

Cyborg-Rox

It might be based on Earth. While most of the planet is covered in jungle, I highly doubt that ALL of Earth is covered in the Orokin super weeds. There have to be some places where they have large bases and/or construction plants. Hell, maybe they could've built underground or under the ocean.

10 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

There's no reason to change the assets of a tile if is intended to be part of that tileset. The lighting mood on Kela's set is blue/cold, on the asteroid it's the opposite - orange/green. The walkways leading up to and away from her arena have solid wall guardrails, on the asteroid set its metal sheets. Kela's pre-arena room has new models, cameras, and the arena itself is plastered with screens. Explaining all of that away with "lol small discrepancies" doesn't work. Every other boss arena in Warframe shares the same assets, style and lighting as the tileset it belongs in. You might not expect DE to put effort into keeping their levels artistically coherent, but I do. It's simply more likely for Kela's room tile to be a part of a completely new or a reworked asteroid set than it is not.

Again, you seem to be completely ignoring my point about the lack of similarity to the trailer, but otherwise I get your point of view. I don't agree with it, but I get it.

10 hours ago, arch111 said:

Yes, the part where Vor lost his Admiral-rank, or maby prior to it but definitely Vors Prize or aftermath.

That's... incredibly vague. It's not in the trailer where Vor loses his Admiral rank, that's for sure.

42 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

That's... incredibly vague. It's not in the trailer where Vor loses his Admiral rank, that's for sure.

I was mistaken.  Vay hek said this during the  Cicero Chrisis.

Vay Hek: 

• We deserve more than a cold, dark asteroid! Earth for the Grineer! Earth for our Queens!

14 hours ago, p_ar7hur said:

Come to think of it, I would definitely like it to be on Earth. I mean, it's where the Grineer are mainly based, and those forests don't give the idea that they are making much of a difference to it. Grineer aren't exactly the Greenpeace so it's weird that the only tileset on their main base planet is so full of green. There should be tilesets on Earth that nod back to their destructive presence and ominous power of mass production and warfare. Something like the Grineer Shipyard, but with even more Grineer to it.

The forest is actually a super forest. The whole introduction of the tileset was about greneer trying to trucking make the planet an uninhabitable toxic waste just to get rid of the forest. 

5 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Again, you seem to be completely ignoring my point about the lack of similarity to the trailer, but otherwise I get your point of view. I don't agree with it, but I get it.

I'm not saying Kela's tile and the Queens trailer belong to the same set. I'm saying neither is similar enough to the classic asteroid tileset to assume it belonging to the same tile. Personally, I believe the Queens trailer is set in a junction tower, something we don't know anything about but its existence and that they're linked to star map progress.

4 hours ago, arch111 said:

I was mistaken.  Vay hek said this during the  Cicero Chrisis.

Vay Hek: 

• We deserve more than a cold, dark asteroid! Earth for the Grineer! Earth for our Queens!

Huh, alright. So there's several things that make this unclear to me. First off, Vay Hek could just have been talking about a bunch of asteroids rather than a large, specific one, since at the time of the Cicero Crisis, Phobos was the only other Grineer planet with a tileset. The rest were asteroids and ships. Also, he doesn't necessarily say that the Queens are on an asteroid.

Though, it's still possible that he is implying the Grineer have their headquarters on a large asteroid. If so, they must have been there for some time, since the overgrowth of Earth goes back to Orokin-era. I was doubtful of this at first, but I think it's possible that this asteroid could be what we see in the trailer. If it's been the new Grineer headquarters for such a long time, it makes sense that the architecture looks so clean and well-rounded compared to other tilesets.

If this is the case, if there's a large asteroid where the Grineer leadership is stationed at, then it must mean that the tileset is a new location, probably unlocked by the War Within quest, just like the Orokin Moon.

It has to be Earth. I'm assuming the girl and old woman in the War Within trailer are the Twin Queens. Earth is listed on the star chart as the home of the oppresive grineer empire. So I'm guessing there. They're not going to be living among the shipyards of Ceres or factories or whatever they have on Sedna. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)T_h_e_m7 said:

It has to be Earth. I'm assuming the girl and old woman in the War Within trailer are the Twin Queens. Earth is listed on the star chart as the home of the oppresive grineer empire. So I'm guessing there. They're not going to be living among the shipyards of Ceres or factories or whatever they have on Sedna. 

It may be the homeworld, but that doesn't mean it's their headquarters, where their leadership is stationed. Read my above theory about what Vay Hek said.

1 hour ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

It may be the homeworld, but that doesn't mean it's their headquarters, where their leadership is stationed. Read my above theory about what Vay Hek said.

I also suspect that because of the Rathuum arenas likely going to be scattered throughout the system(Ceres, Galleon, Uranus) Kela is also going to be moved to a new location while the Queens are being placed on Sedna. You pretty much can't get any colder or darker.

Spoiler

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

1 minute ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I also suspect that because of the Rathuum arenas likely going to be scattered throughout the system(Ceres, Galleon, Uranus) Kela is also going to be moved to a new location while the Queens are being placed on Sedna. You pretty much can't get any colder or darker.

Reveal hidden contents

Sedna isn't an asteroid though...