Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Levels Wtf?

Hotsause13

What is the point of gaining a lvl on your weapons if the damage never increases.  The "MODS" are lame and do not do what they say.  I have a 50% boost to crits and rarely see a yellow hit.  This is working out to be one of those pay to win games and that ruins it for me.  If I could just get a WF that is some what badass I would pay to push it over the edge.   

What is the point of gaining a lvl on your weapons if the damage never increases.  The "MODS" are lame and do not do what they say.  I have a 50% boost to crits and rarely see a yellow hit.  This is working out to be one of those pay to win games and that ruins it for me.  If I could just get a WF that is some what badass I would pay to push it over the edge.   

First thing, if you use a Mod that increases your crit Chance, it increases the base crit rate of the weapon. If you have a weapon with a base crit rate of, let's say 5% and you add a Mod that increases the crit rate by 100%, the weapon will have a 10% chance to score critical hits. 50% or even 100% + to crit rate does not mean that you get a 50 or 100% chance to see yellow hits.

Pay to win? You can't be serious, how in the world is a game that is focused around PvE in any way, shape or form pay 2 win? You can obtain every single Frame or Weapon without paying for it. You have to buy Frame and Inventory slots to store more equipment, yes, but is that pay to win? I don't think so.

Someone with a Rhino Avatar saying they want a "badass" warframe.

..........right.

Move along, nothing to see here.

To actually reply to the OP.... Crit Chance is.... not exactly a very good mod for many weapons. It is very weapon-specific.

+50% chance crit is......ExactlyWhat itsaysOnTheTin (stupid horribly coded filter).

If your weapon has a 1% critical hit chance... sticking on that mod will give you..... *drumroll*

1.5% critical hit chance.

That's right.

Instead of 10 out of every 1000 shots being a Critical Hit, it'll be 15 out of every 1000 shots.

Low-Level weapons, try sticking on Ammo mods until you get Elemental Damage or Armor Pierce Mods. Ammo Mods you'll notice right away. Stay away from Firing Speed and Reload Speed mods until you get them leveled up and have your weapons higher leveled and that's only on some weapons (Hello, Kraken).

So when modding a weapon....

1). Start with Ammo/Magazine Capacity until you get enough slots/get mods for...

2). Armor Pierce (note: Armor Pierce is not good against Infested...)

3). Damage+ (Hornet Strike, Point Blank, Serration)

4). Elemental Damage. (Frost>Lightning>Fire, or Fire>Frost if you're doing Infested)

Damage+ will increase Armor Pierce and Elemental Damage, too! But at lower levels you'll see a bigger boost from Armor Pierce than anything until you've got more mods.

Edited by Xylia