Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Practically Crashes

SIKO_Killa

Ok so I put this on the Steam Forum and no responses, basically as of May 3 (And I've been playing since April 16 of this year), my game will randomly stop showing video. My screen will go black, then sends me to my desktop however I can still move, type, shoot etc, everything but see what's going on. Someone said on a different issue that it might be my graphics driver, however I re-installed my graphics driver and the game still did this. I re-installed Warframe and it still happened. Every time this has happened, on steam I check the integrity of the game cache. Each time it says 52 files were unable to verify or weren't found, so it re-downloads said files. When I re-installed the game the first I checked the game cache via steam, everything was fine, played for a bit then same thing happened again. It's happened like 5-6 times now within the past 4 days, it's really irritating and I have no clue when it'll happen. Everything I've tried doesn't fix it so at this point I'm assuming it's something that occurred with a recent update.

Edited by SIKO_Killa

Yeah it happens to me too, the screen freezes and then turns black, and it makes me rage quit the game with ALT+F4 or closing it directly from the multi tasks window. Restarting the game it gives me the option to re-join to the squad, and sometimes not, sad because you can lose some stuff and affinity in both cases.

On 5/8/2016 at 0:45 PM, SIKO_Killa said:

Ok so I put this on the Steam Forum and no responses, basically as of May 3 (And I've been playing since April 16 of this year), my game will randomly stop showing video. My screen will go black, then sends me to my desktop however I can still move, type, shoot etc, everything but see what's going on.

Submit your EE.log to support:
https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Spoiler

When submitting a ticket, there are a couple things that can be included that will help our developers in identifying and fixing an issue. Also this may save some time in waiting for messages back and forth between you and the support staff.

EE.log file: This file can be found in the following folders according to your operating system:

•  For Windows Vista and above:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

•  For Windows XP:

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Warframe

EE_FINDER_2.0.gif

Note: 

• The EE.log is a text file and might be displayed as 'EE'.
  • Please refrain from rebooting the game before submitting your EE.log. Because each time when you Launch Warframe, the game will automatically flush the old EE.log and replace it with new content. If you have already rebooted the game, please try reproducing the problem in the game again, and type `here` in squad chat when the problem happens, then attach that particular EE.log to your ticket.

Launcher.log file: If experiencing an issue regarding the launcher updating your game client, this file can be found in the same location as the EE.log file.

Screenshots: If you see a crazy visual issue, a screenshot can really help us understand what you're seeing.

You can capture a screenshot by pressing F6 in game. The screenshots will then appear in your Pictures folder in your User account folder.

Default directory is: C:\Users\YourWindowsAccountNameHere\Pictures\Warframe or simply %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Warframe

Win XP users can find them at the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\YourWindowsAccountName\My Documents\My Pictures\Warframe or %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures\Warframe

Or if you are using Steam, you can use Steam's screenshot functionality by pressing F12 in the game. The screenshots will then appear in the screenshots section of the Warframe entry in the game library. 

DxDiag.txt file: To find this, you will need to run DxDiag.exe and click on the Save All Information button on the bottom of the window. Then save the file to a directory of your choosing and attach that file to your ticket.

To run DxDiag.exe in Windows Vista and above, simply open the Start Menu and type DxDiag and click on the icon. To run it in WinXP, open the start menu and click on the Run... icon. Then just type in DxDiag to the text box and click OK.

WAR-# number: If or when you experience your crash of Warframe, you should see an error window popped up mentioning the Evolution Engine crashing. Please complete the process and enter any details about what you were doing at the time of the crash. Once completed the crash reporting tool will give you an error number that will look like WAR-123456 With that we can start to narrow down your problem.

EDIT:
In the event you miss the info above, submit the EE.log directly after a crash/black screen, don't re-log. The EE.log is generated everytime you start up Warframe, so if you re-log, you will overwrite any info that may be important to the problem.

Edited by MillbrookWest