The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon and warframe progressions

Godzilla853

In my opinion I believe that to build a better version of a warframe or weapon you should be required to have maxed ranked the previous version. For example I believe you should not be able to build nyx prime without max ranking normal nyx same with weapons, I am not sure wether to include syndicate weapons in this or not, also when I said build Nyx prime I mean as a whole warframe not the parts, The reason for this is to help with progress to maybe late game.  I want to hear your opinions on this.

30 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

In my opinion I believe that to build a better version of a warframe or weapon you should be required to have maxed ranked the previous version. For example I believe you should not be able to build nyx prime without max ranking normal nyx same with weapons, I am not sure wether to include syndicate weapons in this or not, also when I said build Nyx prime I mean as a whole warframe not the parts, The reason for this is to help with progress to maybe late game.  I want to hear your opinions on this.

NO! 

dodgeball-wrench.gif

Edited by CaterHowlett16

You know what would be nice, if they made it that you would benefit from using an existing frame as part of the build, like if you have a reactor or forma on it they could carry over, that way a person not only would have to rank up the first version, they would benefit from it as well.

7 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

This is mainly to help because if you rank up the better version then you don't want to go back to rank up the lesser version.

but you could for mastery after the fact

I built a regular Nyx once I had the parts to craft the Prime. If I didn't enjoy playing her, I would've traded the Prime parts rather than build. However, I didn't max the regular Nyx. I think I did the same with Rhino. 

If mastery starts working toward the top of my list of goals, I still have a few levels to gain from their regular versions. 

I disagree.  Different people play the game differently.  Some people are wallet warriors, some people are hard core grinders, some people are casual, most are probably a little of each.  Being able to buy prime frames is good for the wallet warriors and also good for DE's bottom line.  Forcing players to level the normal version of a frame/weapon, might be a deterrent for some.

DE has done an awesome job providing us with this f2p gem.  They should be able to profit by selling prime frames and weapons to people who want to pay for them.  

I'm not a wallet warrior, but I respect their right to enjoy the game the way they do.  I feel that making them level the normal frame and weapon first would hinder their enjoyment.

11 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

This is mainly to help because if you rank up the better version then you don't want to go back to rank up the lesser version.

I had actually farmed, built, maxed, and forma'd Ash Prime long before I had all the parts to make normal Ash (damn you Grineer Maniacs!).  But I still built and leveled normal Ash afterwards just for the MR.

3 hours ago, Godzilla853 said:

It's one thing to state a preference for yourself and another to cite a requirement for others...  Especially when what others choose has no effect on you.

If you feel that way and prefer to progress your character in that manner... That's great!

With respect though, it's not your place to feel/desire/require that others should emulate your personal behavior/decisions though.

The different gates to earning items also does an excellent job of ensuring that players reasonably earn the right to use what they want 10x times over

Drop tables, rng, resources amount and scarcity, build times, mission difficulty, mission type, mission lockouts, polarities, and the entire mod system are all gates to having or optimally using items to best effect.  All represent diverse forms of progression.

What you are suggesting is the functional equivalent of me saying that you can't use a frame because you haven't earned the right to use it, in my opinion.

Should my opinion count, in that respect?

18 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

It's one thing to state a preference for yourself and another to cite a requirement for others...  Especially when what others choose has no effect on you.

If you feel that way and prefer to progress your character in that manner... That's great!

With respect though, it's not your place to feel/desire/require that others should emulate your personal behavior/decisions though.

The different gates to earning items also does an excellent job of ensuring that players reasonably earn the right to use what they want 10x times over

Drop tables, rng, resources amount and scarcity, build times, mission difficulty, mission type, mission lockouts, polarities, and the entire mod system are all gates to having or optimally using items to best effect.  All represent diverse forms of progression.

What you are suggesting is the functional equivalent of me saying that you can't use a frame because you haven't earned the right to use it, in my opinion.

Should my opinion count, in that respect?

Yes it should it just a suggestion I made this because I want something to be done about new players in the void.