Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

:)

NativeKiller

Question

13 answers to this question

Your builds are looking pretty good so far! Couple things that I would change about your Excal build, though:

- As you say, replacing Constitution with Primed Continuity would definitely be nice.

- Replace Intensify with Energy Conversion (obtained with 100k rep from Cephalon Simaris). The cool thing about this mod is that when a toggle ability is activated, the +50% STR bonus applies to the ability and does not go away until the ability is deactivated. So you can pick up an energy orb, press 4 for that juicy +50% STR, and spam as many abilities as you want with EB active; and your EB will still have that STR bonus applied. Because of this, Excal is one of the best frames in the game to use this mod on.

- I'd replace Rage with something else. While the energy regen is nice, you probably don't want to get hit in the first place during Sorties or late T4 and such. Even if you're able to tank the hits, the fact that you're using Naramon makes this mod a bit of a waste since you take zero damage after 3 minutes anyways. You could fill this slot with more Duration, more STR, or (if you're like me and you have godawful luck with energy orb drops) even Primed Flow; all of which will help you in lategame far more than a Rage mod will. A utility mod would work here as well, although I'd recommend against any bullet-jumping mods (partly because you can't spam EB during bullet jumps and partly because you've got enough aerial mobility with Slash Dash anyways).

This is more or less what my build looks like, anyways; and it's working out very nicely for me.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

- I'd replace Rage with something else. While the energy regen is nice, you probably don't want to get hit in the first place during Sorties or late T4 and such. Even if you're able to tank the hits, the fact that you're using Naramon makes this mod a bit of a waste since you take zero damage after 3 minutes anyways. You could fill this slot with more Duration, more STR, or (if you're like me and you have godawful luck with energy orb drops) even Primed Flow; all of which will help you in lategame far more than a Rage mod will. A utility mod would work here as well, although I'd recommend against any bullet-jumping mods (partly because you can't spam EB during bullet jumps and partly because you've got enough aerial mobility with Slash Dash anyways).

I disagree with it. It's not a bad advice and it is a matter of gameplay but I personally would not give up Rage :) I run it on my Excal and in high level content along with unranked Life Strike in my melee. It is a fantastic way of upkeeping your energy because with EB active it's super easy to heal and deal increased chanelling dmg. Not all the time, of course but on heavier mobs I never have problem to make those few chanelled slashes if I need to. Admittedly I do run Primed Flow with it. I don't struggle with casting Slash Dash and Radial Blind in need either, despite not having Fleeting Expertise.

However, the fact you're running Naramon makes my advice kinda pointless. Do consider it if you ever decide to change your Focus, though :)

Aura: Steel Charge; Exilus: Handspring - it's a matter of preference, really but I do love this mod. Even if I get pulled by Ancients/Scorpions it lasts split second.

Mods: Steel Fiber, Vitality, Rage, Quick Thinking, Streamline, Transient Fortitude, Primed Flow and Continuity.

Melee: Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Berserker, Fury, Life Strike, Focus Energy and 2 x 90% elemental.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Aanser22 said:

i would change out the life strike with a jagged edge,

because the broken war is a slash based weapon it will increase your overall damage and slash damage by a good amount.

First, all 90% IPS mods are inherently bad. You only supposed to use them really early into your game, when you lack mods and mod space.

Second, EBlade doesn't care about your weapon base stats - only universal mods. EBlade damage is always evenly split between IPS, so there's no point in using any IPS mods on EBlade, as it would be very ineffective.

Third, I would personally recommend using something other than a longsword as an EBlade base. Simply so you'll have a reason to actually use your melee once in a while without it being outperformed by EBlade in every single category.

6 hours ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Consider cnanging fury and fire\ice 90% elemental mod to +crit chance and +crit damage, since you will get more then enough attack speed with berserker only and blast damage aint that good ether, pure fire\ice damage imo better.

Building EBlade for crit is highly sub-optimal.

Blast damage isn't that good, yes, but Blast proc is great. It's pretty much a question of going for max status build or not. If you go for it - you'll end up using Corrosive/Blast because you'll have to fit all 4 dual-stats in. If you don't - yeah, Corrosive + Cold is more universal.

Edited by Epsik-kun

Consider cnanging fury and fire\ice 90% elemental mod to +crit chance and +crit damage, since you will get more then enough attack speed with berserker only and blast damage aint that good ether, pure fire\ice damage imo better.

Also i put medi-ray in sanctuary place, since sanctuary works only in ds very specific situation-while you revive, while medi-ray will work almost constantly.

If you use carrier i assume you use sweeper p, i can tell that imo you should mod it for firerate+status chance instead of damage, with blast+eletro elements, if modded right sweeper p will grant you stunlock for anything that come in to 10m range

4 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

I'd replace Rage with something else.

There's zero mods in this game, that would be as useful as Rage for melee Excal until level ~120+ T4. When you go overstayed survival and enemies hit level 500, yeah Primed Flow would be more useful, in every other case, Rage will save your &#! countless times.

The frame build is pretty good for a universal Excal, I would suggest getting Primed Continuity to replace Constitution, Transient Fortitude to replace Intensify and max Fleeting Expertise (no need to max it until you get Transient in).

For EBlade - Focus Energy is garbage, throw it away. There are few options:

1) Max pure damage build with Life Strike would be pretty much yours with SS instead of Fury. Might feel a bit unwieldy though.

2) If you run Naramon, you can get Winds of Purity Furis and use it to heal yourself, dropping Life Strike on melee.

3) It might sound weird, but the absolutely best build for EBlade I ever had is Corrosive/Blast status EBlade (pretty much your build with every elemental being replaced by a dual-stat).

2 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

Third, I would personally recommend using something other than a longsword as an EBlade base. Simply so you'll have a reason to actually use your melee once in a while without it being outperformed by EBlade in every single category.

Due to Excal's passive, it's a good idea to stick to a longsword, dual sword, nikana, or rapier.

3 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

Building EBlade for crit is highly sub-optimal.

Blast damage isn't that good, yes, but Blast proc is great. It's pretty much a question of going for max status build or not. If you go for it - you'll end up using Corrosive/Blast because you'll have to fit all 4 dual-stats in. If you don't - yeah, Corrosive + Cold is more universal.

Em...i'ts not? EB have decent base crit chance of 15%-crit mods and naramon boost it even furner. More crit chance-more chances to do x3.8 damage, higher chance to proc berserker, higher chance to proc invis. All of this or +30% attack speed and small damage boost from elemental mod....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

4 hours ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Em...i'ts not? EB have decent base crit chance of 15%-crit mods and naramon boost it even furner. More crit chance-more chances to do x3.8 damage, higher chance to proc berserker, higher chance to proc invis. All of this or +30% attack speed and small damage boost from elemental mod....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

"Small damage boost from elemental mod" and 30% attack speed win every time, even after Naramon boost.
15% x2 isn't really a crit weapon material. Berserker can be easily kept at 3 stacks on anything with at least 10% crit chance, EBlade having 15% chance and absurd AoE makes this task trivial.
You don't have to trust me - you can do the math yourself. Doing math is a good thing. 

I can see only True Steel not being completely meaningless, if you want Naramon's invisibility procs to be more reliable, but I've done over 2 hours of solo survival and regular procs were enough.

5 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Due to Excal's passive, it's a good idea to stick to a longsword, dual sword, nikana, or rapier.

Nah, not really. 10% damage/IAS while nice is pretty insignificant, and if we are talking about min-maxing, we are talking about using the actual EBlade anyway, which always has this passive on. So, don't let the passive stop you from trying out all the weapons. I personally ended up maining polearms.

12 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

Nah, not really. 10% damage/IAS while nice is pretty insignificant, and if we are talking about min-maxing, we are talking about using the actual EBlade anyway, which always has this passive on. So, don't let the passive stop you from trying out all the weapons. I personally ended up maining polearms.

True that EB always has the passive.  Still, it's 10% extra damage and attack speed.  I agree that it shouldn't stop someone from trying other weapons, but I wouldn't ignore it either.  That's all I was getting at.