Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods That Work With Ivara's Artemis Bow?

Coo_DA

Question

I'm going to prepare some mods for Artemis Bow before I finish building Ivara, but it seems some mods don't function with it so I'm asking here first...

These are the candidates :

1. Heavy Caliber(DMG+165%, Accuracy-55%) : Does It Work? If it works, is Accuracy Fall Severe?
  2. Terminal Velocity(Projectile Flight Speed+60%) : Does It Work? And Is it worth to put in btw?
  3. Spring-Loaded Broadhead(Daikyu Exclusive Mod; DMG+40% when shot from over 15M) : Does It Work? Just curious, heard that DMG buff is applied after all Damage Calculations, much like Charged/Primed Chamber for Snipers.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Coo_DA

9 answers to this question

The first two should work. The third is weapon exclusive and will not work (just like syndicate weapon augments). 

Frankly I wouldn't bother with Terminal Velocity. Heavy Caliber is fine if you're ok with the accuracy drop on your weapon (which kinda varies on a weapon to weapon basis, test it out). Personally I'd just pop in another 90% element mod and call it a day.

from the wiki

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ivara

Ivara wields her exalted bow as her primary weapon, allowing her to fire a spread of 3 / 4 / 6 / 7 arrows fanning in a vertical orientation. Each arrow inflicts 50 / 80 / 120 / 160 base damage which is further increased by a 1.5x damage multiplier. Holding down the fire button (default LMB) will gradually reorient the spread to fan horizontally upon release. Each arrow has a 20% status chance, 25% critical chance, and 2x critical multiplier.

• Base damage distribution is 14% Impact b Impact, 80% Puncture b Puncture, and 6% Slash b Slash.
  • Base damage is affected by Power Strength, while the damage multiplier and the number of arrows are not.
  • Artemis Bow is also affected by equipped bow mods and rifle mods including:
    • Base damage (e.g., Rifle Amp), physical damage, elemental damage, fire rate (e.g., Speed Trigger), multishot (e.g., Split Chamber), punch through, critical damage, critical chance, andstatus chance mods.
    • Artemis Bow's damage uses the following expression when accounting for Power Strength:
      Modified Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Base Damage Bonus) × (1 + Power Strength).
      • For example, with both Serration and Intensify, each arrow will deal 160 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.3) = 551.2 damage.
        • Charged attacks will only reorient Artemis Bow's arrow spread and will confer no changes to projectile flight speed or damage. Charging speed is affected by fire rate mods.
        • Each arrow has innate punch through that is affected by punch through mods.
      • While Artemis Bow is active, each shot will consume 15 energy. Artemis Bow will end if Ivara's energy falls below the energy cost per shot or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default 4).
      • Melee attacks cannot be used while Artemis Bow is active.
      • Using the secondary fire button will make Artemis Bow instantly fire the currently equipped arrow type from Quiver. If used to fire arrows from Quiver, Artemis Bow will only shoot a single arrow, and each arrow will use Quiver's energy cost.
      • Artemis Bow's arrows can be controlled by Navigator. Only one of the arrows fired will be selected at random for manual control.

I would high recommend using Split Chamber. It takes it from 7 arrows to 14, which really help in the dps department. Also, you can see from Elctrcstel's post, Ivara's bow is mainly puncture, so mods for puncture would help. I don't use Terminal Velocity as I feel the arrows are fast enough, but can't hurt to try. 

1 hour ago, Duavey said:

The first two should work. The third is weapon exclusive and will not work (just like syndicate weapon augments). 

Frankly I wouldn't bother with Terminal Velocity. Heavy Caliber is fine if you're ok with the accuracy drop on your weapon (which kinda varies on a weapon to weapon basis, test it out). Personally I'd just pop in another 90% element mod and call it a day.

Thanks a lot! Wiki didn't tell me if the third one would work...

Also thanks for mod recommendation guys!

3 minutes ago, Coo_DA said:

Thanks a lot! Wiki didn't tell me if the third one would work...

Also thanks for mod recommendation guys!

Artemis Bow is not affected by the equipped primary weapon's stats, weapon augments, or other class-specific mods including assault rifle mods, shotgun mods, and sniper mods.

the daikyo exclusive mod is a weapon augment. therefore it will not work on ivara's bow.

source:wiki page

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Artemis Bow is not affected by the equipped primary weapon's stats, weapon augments, or other class-specific mods including assault rifle mods, shotgun mods, and sniper mods.

the daikyo exclusive mod is a weapon augment. therefore it will not work on ivara's bow

oh that was weapon augment too? I thought it only indicated Syndicate Buffs. anyways thanks for your help!