Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mac book pro - warframe ?

Dark5eiD

Question

So i acquired a 2009 mac bookpro, it is quite fast and has reasonable hardware including the video card ( so i think ). because of this i instantly installed bootcamp and split my drive to be half osx and half windows. got pretty pumped as its warframe time baby :). i got it to install and open up but it was choppy as all hell and had surfacing issues. i tried everything, updating drivers off of nvidia site, turning everything off, playing with warframe settings on bootup options. never worked good.

specs

3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor

1066MHz DDR3 memory  8GB

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512MB of GDDR3 memory

256 ssd

to me... this should work, im not saying its going to be amazing, but it should work.

anyone out there get a similar mac book pro to run warframe ? if so let me know the secrets :)

Also am i just completely wrong in thinking it should work ?

Thanks for the read fellow Tenno

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Terrorist939 said:

With that GPU you shouldn't go with resolutions higher than 720p or 768p. I think it should work fine. I used to have a very similar laptop and the game worked, although very poorly.

did you install on a windows boot camp format? or did you install on mac osx using wine or another similar type program?

2 minutes ago, unknow99 said:

A Mac? For gaming?...

HyxkzDg.png

More seriously : yeah, try with Wineskin man...

i know what your thinking, but here is the thing, i often go out of town and or on vacation. this way i have a bare bones way to not miss trader, event, alert or anything else like that. this is definitely not my primary warframe pc.

On 11/05/2016 at 3:46 PM, Lord_Impaler said:

i know what your thinking, but here is the thing, i often go out of town and or on vacation. this way i have a bare bones way to not miss trader, event, alert or anything else like that. this is definitely not my primary warframe pc.

Nah it's okay man.

I myself am not in a good place to talk about gaming performance right now : my laptop is a Gameboy color in comparison! :3

hey i need a hand here... im playing in bootcamp... but i just want to know... i can Run Warframe more fast? it goes too slow i have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and a intel Core i7... can help ? :( overclocking or something else?