Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Celeber - Sabre/Rifle gunblade concept

DaftMeat

Celeber(1)

I can't draw for anything, but unless/until I scribble something together, base concept would be similar to what's depicted in FFXIV:

Spoiler

GunbladeFFXIV.png

STATISTICS

Mastery Level 8(2)

Weapon Slot Melee Gunblade

Weapon Type Sabre/Rifle

UTILITY

Attack Speed 0.95

NORMAL ATTACKS

Physical Damage 70

Impact 1.5

Puncture 48.2

Slash 20.3

Crit Chance 15.0%

Crit Multiplier 2.0x

Status Chance 10.0%

SLAM ATTACKS

Physical Damage 70.0

SLIDE ATTACKS

Physical Damage 150.0

WALL ATTACKS

Physical Damage 250.0

CHARGE ATTACKS 200 total(3)

Impact 10

Puncture 120

Slash 50

MISC

Polarities 1 x Naramon

Stance Dual Patinando(4)

Stance Polarity Naramon

(1) The word is a portmanteau of "Selebe" to reference sabres, and “Caliber” referencing rifles.

(2) Redeemer is MR4 and Destreza is MR7; this weapon should be locked further beyond both.

(3) While the Charge attack may seem high compared to the Grinlok which is the highest damage standard rifle doing 120 base, keep in mind melee weapons do not have the same damage potential of Rifles (Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, etc.). Also, the Redeemer has 10 pellets doing 75 each for a total of 750 damage. I feel that 200 base is being conservative.

(4) “Patinando” is a fencing term: There are two types of patinandos, speed and tempo. They are advance lunges but with different tempos. The speed patinando is a fast step and a lunge, while the tempo patinando is a slow step (to get a slow response from one's opponent) and a fast lunge. In game terms, speed patinandos would be fast and wide sweeping attacks that can hit more than one opponent. Tempo patinandos are measured strikes, powerful lunges and stabs towards a single target. The “Dual” part of the name implies the use of both styles in the stance, as well as to evoke the word “Duel”.

Dual Patinando Stance Combos:

1 En Guarde - E, E, E, E (speed patinando, slash proc chance, 4th strike can hilt multiple targets)

2 Advance Lunge - E, E, [pause] E, E, E[hold] (speed patinando, slash proc chance, 3rd and 4th strikes hit multiple targets, last strike fires charge attack)

3 Raddoppio Step - E, [pause], E, [pause], E, E, E (tempo patinando, 2nd strike staggers, last strike inflicts puncture status)

4 Finesse Finis - E, RMB+E, E[hold], E, E[hold] (tempo patinando, 2nd strike staggers, 3rd strike charge attack inflicts knockdown, 4th Strike is a downward stab, 5th is another charge attack)

5 Coup D’Arret - RMB*, ↑+E (Parry, then counter-attack with a deep stab followed by a charge attack while the enemy is still impaled sending them flying afterwards).

*This advanced combo is initiated by Parrying: activating Channeling just before an enemy strikes the player with a melee attack, which will stagger them and allow a Counterattack finisher at the end of the combo doing and additive +100% finisher damage as well as charge attack damage.

6 Poignee Pistole - E[hold] (basic charge attack firing the gun)

Slightly slower and less damage than a Destreza as it sacrifices speed and damage for the gun utility.

Crafting requirements might include a Sybaris and a Nami Solo for example (I think a Pangolin Sword might be more appropriate, but an alert-only weapon requirement would make Tenno riot). Maybe 1 Argon or 2 Nitain at maximum.

Dual Patinando would ideally drop from Grineer Flameblades. *Edit: Given the MR8 lock, having too common an enemy drop it might be too much of a "tease" for players who aren't able to obtain the weapon before getting the mod. As Vulpine Mask comes from Comba and Scrambus units, Dual Patinando may have to be placed in the drop-tables of a Grineer-unit equivalent. Maybe the Hyekka Master could drop it?

Tenno with Celeber can equip Vulpine Mask as a stance, but it’s combos will not include any charge attacks. Likewise, Destreza may use Dual Patinando as a stance, but any of the charge attack/projectile moves will be treated as normal weapon strikes.

Edited by DaftMeat
Concept revisions

11 minutes ago, Torhque said:

I'd love to see this. You really thought this out haha

I've been considering this for quite a while. I'm not really a numbers guy and definitely not an art guy, but I like the concept too much not to give it a shot.

5 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

But a saber is a blade, not a pointy weapon.

Why the puncture damage?

It's not a cavalry-style sabre, it's a fencing-style sabre. Traditionally, the fencing fighting style emphasizes a lot of stabs, with slashes used less frequently. Celeber would still do primarily Puncture damage, but also has significantly more slash damage than Destreza:

Celeber

Physical Damage 70

Impact 1.5

Puncture 48.2

Slash 20.3

Destreza

Physical Damage 75.1

Impact 1.9

Puncture 63.8

Slash 9.4

Bonus surprise:

Spoiler

It would be one of the few weapons that would benefit from having Rending Strike put on it

RendingStrikeModU145.png

I wanted a graceful fencing weapon/rifle combination but part of the problem is that fencing foils are usually flexible, which would not work for a rifle barrel. However, fencing sabres are much more stable and would work much better when pulling double duty as a rifle barrel.

6 hours ago, Schregger said:

Well, seeing as the Redeemer is the only gunblade in game, yes please...

Also, what is the build requirements you have in mind, if I may ask?

Build requirements aren't fully fleshed out yet, I only mentioned some basic ideas until I iron out some more details in the near future:

11 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

Crafting requirements might include a Sybaris and a Nami Solo for example (I think a Pangolin Sword might be more appropriate, but an alert-only weapon requirement would make Tenno riot). Maybe 1 Argon or 2 Nitain at maximum.

I see it as a Tenno weapon, so it would need a Tenno sword and gun to build. Preferably ones not already used as other requirements (not a Skana again, for example).

Yes please!

one does not simply put only one gunblade into a game. 

I'd also love to see a sword styled gunblade based on slashing. Or maybe guns built into weapons other than bladed weapons, like a staff with one end being the end of a barrel, or a hammer that fires off flak on impact. 

• Like 1