Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost prime best build

juragubr

Question

13 answers to this question

max power strenght.steel fiber..that maximize u snow globe hp...also u need good range.. cz explosive wepons still can kill u on high lvl if is snow globe small...and u se that snow globe augment

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

max power strenght.steel fiber..that maximize u snow globe hp...also u need good range.. cz explosive wepons still can kill u on high lvl if is snow globe small...and u se that snow globe augment

1. Efficiency > Power Str. In late-game you want to spam it in order to keep it tough. Paired with zenurik you're set. Not enough efficiency makes you dependent on ev trin which is not good.

2. Snow globe augment is unreliable and a waste of a mod slot. You can just recast the globe and get the same effect in better.

But yeah, stretch is a must though (at least).

Edited by IceColdHawk

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

1. Efficiency > Power Str. In late-game you want to spam it in order to keep it tough. Paired with zenurik you're set. Not enough efficiency makes you dependent on ev trin which is not good.

2. Snow globe augment is unreliable and a waste of a mod slot. You can just recast the globe and get the same effect in better.

yes i know..but for mosst content how much 5700hp snow globe can ge... that is almost imortal...

There is no best build:

1. You could build for Snow Globes and build up Power Strength, armor, some range, and if there's any room some efficiency.
  2. You could build for Avalanche armor debuff and build with Power Strength, and range with efficiency if you can fit it in there.
  3. You could build for Avalanche CC by building with Power Duration, Power Range, and, again, efficiency if you can fit it in there.
  4. You could build for the Force Freeze augment and build up Power Strength, duration, and the augment mod.

There's probably a couple I forgot, but there really isn't a "best build" for most Warframes. They can built in a multitude of ways and still be proficient.

Just now, ashrah said:

yes i know..but for mosst content how much 5700hp snow globe can ge... that is almost imortal...

I prefer to spice it up with some good duration so avalanche becomes useful too. And the ice-wave augment is actually pretty awesome, especially against infested. Avalanche on ancient disruptors...0.5s frozen lol. But with the ice wave augment they walk for like 15 seconds extremely slowly and their aura doesn't affect it negatively.

But sure, unless you're doing tough sortie missions, i think a decent power str build could do.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I prefer to spice it up with some good duration so avalanche becomes useful too. And the ice-wave augment is actually pretty awesome, especially against infested. Avalanche on ancient disruptors...0.5s frozen lol. But with the ice wave augment they walk for like 15 seconds extremely slowly and their aura doesn't affect it negatively.

But sure, unless you're doing tough sortie missions, i think a decent power str build could do.

i agree cz on high lvl snow globe biggest treat are heavy gunners

If you want to go for a snowglobe-centered build (and i suggest to do so because that is what frost excels at) you seriously do not want to build for power strength, regardless of enemy level. The reason for this is that you are able to stack your globes. If you go for max efficiency and a bit power strength, you will get a lot more health on your globes for the same amount of energy than in a high power strength build. The only disadvantage is that you have to cast the globe several times but this normally is no issue. I can not look up my build right now but from the top of my head it is something around this:

Redirection, Steel Fiber, Fleeting Exp, Streamline, Primed continuity, intensify, stretch and probably a constitution

You really don't need more power strength and with this build you have enough duration and efficiency to use your avalanche as a great CC tool.

1 minute ago, Slayarrr said:

If you want to go for a snowglobe-centered build (and i suggest to do so because that is what frost excels at) you seriously do not want to build for power strength, regardless of enemy level. The reason for this is that you are able to stack your globes. If you go for max efficiency and a bit power strength, you will get a lot more health on your globes for the same amount of energy than in a high power strength build. The only disadvantage is that you have to cast the globe several times but this normally is no issue. I can not look up my build right now but from the top of my head it is something around this:

Redirection, Steel Fiber, Fleeting Exp, Streamline, Primed continuity, intensify, stretch and probably a constitution

You really don't need more power strength and with this build you have enough duration and efficiency to use your avalanche as a great CC tool.

For a globe build, I'd use 200% power str with freeze force augment. Frost has zero need for ehp mods and can easily fit the str mods and the augment with a globe build. This way the Frost can do more than just spam globe, while still being able to spam globe just the same.

6 minutes ago, Slayarrr said:

Have you used Frost in the last year? Recasting a globe while within one refreshes its hp and starts the invul timer over. Plus you can have only 4 max now.

@OP

Whatever your build, you want Stretch maxed. This will make it so the center of the globe is out of Bombard aoe range when the rocket hits. You may want to enhance it with the range boosting Drift mod as well. Eff is deffo the way to go, but if I may suggest, try it with rank 3 fleeting and max streamline. This puts you at 70%, a measly 5 short of max but indirectly adds 10% dura for avalanche to keep dudes locked in ice. You also are going to want tran fort to remove more armor per cast, and buff your bubbles. Because of all the dura loss, finish with primed continuity.

So imma say, primed cont, tran fort, steel fiber, vit, fleeting, streamline, stretch, and the last slot is kinda up to you. I'm rather a fan of icewave's augment, but you may want a rush mod if you aren't in a defense or MD or interception. 

59 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

Have you used Frost in the last year? Recasting a globe while within one refreshes its hp and starts the invul timer over.

That is just not true. Have you actually tried it out or read any reliable sources on that? The HP of the old and the new globe combine, you can stack that up to 1000k health. The invulnerability timer is reset, this is true.

1 hour ago, DiosGX said:

Plus you can have only 4 max now.

That is true, but casting a globe inside a globe does not count towards this maximum. Please inform yourself before trying to correct people.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

For a globe build, I'd use 200% power str with freeze force augment. Frost has zero need for ehp mods and can easily fit the str mods and the augment with a globe build. This way the Frost can do more than just spam globe, while still being able to spam globe just the same.

This sounds really interesting, i wasn't aware that freeze force existed :P Gonna give it a try.

As others have stated, there are a lot of different builds for him that can work well.  

Here is my advice on frost play:

Close to max efficiency, good strength and range.  Duration can be nice to get freezing crowd control but sometimes a minimum duration frost works great especially at lower levels because you shatter the enemies with your strength so you don't need to freeze them in place.  So lower durations and higher strengths work great at mid to low levels.   Higher durations and lower strengths are good for crowd control at higher levels.  

Good range makes your bubble a nice larger diameter and also gives your avalanche a good area of effect.

When playing the frost:

Recasting your globe renews it's 4 second invulnerability timer and you can stack globes inside of globes to build your globes health.  So I don't really think steel fiber is necessary.  Unless you need steel fiber to keep your frost alive.

Casting your globe freezes and forcibly throws all enemies within the globe out.  I see so many frost players that either don't realize this or don't use this amazing skill to good effect.  You can keep the cryopod as clean as a whistle with this skill.  Just recast your globe if someone comes in.  If you have to clear a group of enemies to revive someone, run to them and cast your globe and start your revive.  If you get ratpacked by enemies, cast your globe.  The clearing ability of your globe is an amazing skill.

Also, remember, left over globes can get in your way and in the way of other players (bullets cannot be shot into them or through them from the outside.)  So be a good frost and take down globes that could get in the way.  You take them down by casting freeze at them.

When you are not busy with globe work, spam avalanches or ice waves.  I personally like avalanche more in crowds and ice waves down corridors and such.  However I've heard some good things about ice wave impedence builds.

A nice rifle or primary weapon is good for your frost.  He can sit in his comfy globe, cast avalanche and then rifle the heck out of the frozen enemies.  Soma prime is one of my favorites for frost work.

Also a trick that some don't realize about frost.  Your number 1 ability freeze is a "one handed ability."  What does this mean, well you can be reloading and cast freeze and your reload will not be interrupted!   So you are sitting in your bubble firing your rifle at a heavily armored enemy, your rifle runs out of ammo and starts to reload.  Don't stand there picking your nose, cast freeze twice.  :-)  You are already lined up on the enemy and when your rifle reloads, you can shatter him to frozen bits.

I love Frost and think he is the best defensive tank in the game and he can be a great support to the party. 

10 hours ago, Slayarrr said:

That is just not true. Have you actually tried it out or read any reliable sources on that? The HP of the old and the new globe combine, you can stack that up to 1000k health. The invulnerability timer is reset, this is true

Didn't know hp combined, likely because DE never told us and is once again something that required the wiki to know about.

That said, you don't have to be a $&*^ about it.