Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to get nothing from the orokin towers?

Husbandry

Question

12 answers to this question

Gotta have an artificial way to keep people playing. What better way than to force them to keep repeating missions in the hopes their prayers to RNGesus are answered?

I can't wait for the new starchart, currently my only hope that this problematic aspect is changed, hopefully in a similar manner than what is being planned for sortie rewards.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

5 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Gotta have an artificial way to keep people playing. What better way than to force them to keep repeating missions in the hopes their prayers to RNGesus are answered?

I can't wait for the new starchart, currently my only hope that this problematic aspect is changed, hopefully in a similar manner than what is being planned for sortie rewards.

You just said its a way to keep people playing, so why would a new star chart make it any better? they use weighted drops like most MMORPGs do (looking at you WoW), this will not change, ever.

Anytime you find a way to effectively farm, they nerf it or outright remove it, thats the DE way.

On 5/14/2016 at 6:27 PM, Crowsworth said:

You just said its a way to keep people playing, so why would a new star chart make it any better? they use weighted drops like most MMORPGs do (looking at you WoW), this will not change, ever.

Anytime you find a way to effectively farm, they nerf it or outright remove it, thats the DE way.

It isn't DE it is pretty much any F2P game, and with good reason. They need to, otherwise people would get everything easily and NOT play or stick around for any length of time as there isn't any type of progression to work towards.

If you don't like it, don't play. But don't pile it on the company that is running and  promoting a F2P game for doing what they need to keep the game functional, like every other F2P game in a similar vein. That is just ignorant. No one is holding a gun to your head to play a Free to Play game and all that that entails. And if there are other, better games out there you are always free to change over without wasting a totally and completely optional subscription-esque (prime access) package. I'm guessing you haven't found any as you are still here playing though.

3 hours ago, Wopel said:

It isn't DE it is pretty much any F2P game, and with good reason. They need to, otherwise people would get everything easily and NOT play or stick around for any length of time as there isn't any type of progression to work towards.

If you don't like it, don't play. But don't pile it on the company that is running and  promoting a F2P game for doing what they need to keep the game functional, like every other F2P game in a similar vein. That is just ignorant. No one is holding a gun to your head to play a Free to Play game and all that that entails. And if there are other, better games out there you are always free to change over without wasting a totally and completely optional subscription-esque (prime access) package. I'm guessing you haven't found any as you are still here playing though.

Smite, so thats everything you said put in the bin. DOTA 2 as well, in the bin and the bin set on fire and rolled down a hill into a vat of raw sewage. 

Plus I never actually said one way or the other how I felt about it, you might have assumed, but we know what assuming does...

(I enjoy the game without grinding, just play as much as I like and if I find myself getting bored they go play something else. The fact is, people are talking about the new starchart like its going to open up everything for them, so if you have an issue its with the muppets who think DE is just going to give everything away in a simple and fair mission system. They are not, nor will they ever make it easy to get some things, prime weapons and frames will always be a pain as they weight the drops to make sure most people will not get them within a few runs. Few will "get it on first run" much like "someone has to win the lotto" to keep the rest of the rats grinding away.)

7 hours ago, Crowsworth said:

Smite, so thats everything you said put in the bin. DOTA 2 as well, in the bin and the bin set on fire and rolled down a hill into a vat of raw sewage. 

Plus I never actually said one way or the other how I felt about it, you might have assumed, but we know what assuming does...

(I enjoy the game without grinding, just play as much as I like and if I find myself getting bored they go play something else. The fact is, people are talking about the new starchart like its going to open up everything for them, so if you have an issue its with the muppets who think DE is just going to give everything away in a simple and fair mission system. They are not, nor will they ever make it easy to get some things, prime weapons and frames will always be a pain as they weight the drops to make sure most people will not get them within a few runs. Few will "get it on first run" much like "someone has to win the lotto" to keep the rest of the rats grinding away.)

Addressing your rather ignorant statement about anything farming that is easy "being nerfed or removed" isn't assuming anything. It is addressing an ignorant complaint or statement.

And I didn't take it like you were being a whiny free(loader) to play player who expects everything handed to them. I addressed it as a legitimately ignorant statement given the type of game it is and why it was necessary for the survival of the game.

7 hours ago, Wopel said:

Addressing your rather ignorant statement about anything farming that is easy "being nerfed or removed" isn't assuming anything. It is addressing an ignorant complaint or statement.

And I didn't take it like you were being a whiny free(loader) to play player who expects everything handed to them. I addressed it as a legitimately ignorant statement given the type of game it is and why it was necessary for the survival of the game.

And I have proven that other games that are also free to play do not need this level of grind or RNG, and they do fine and dandy. You being stuck in the mentality that only through grind can a game survive is outdated and demonstrably wrong, getting all arsey about it doesn't change the fact you are wrong.

12 hours ago, Crowsworth said:

And I have proven that other games that are also free to play do not need this level of grind or RNG, and they do fine and dandy. You being stuck in the mentality that only through grind can a game survive is outdated and demonstrably wrong, getting all arsey about it doesn't change the fact you are wrong.

I didn't say they had to be, just that it is a legitimate business model that is wildly successful, otherwise it wouldn't exist. That you don't like it doesn't mean it should change or justify your veiled insults either or "prove" it is the wrong way for it to be.

I have no problem accepting the game as it is, or enjoying it for what it is. You however seem to have issue with doing that. It isn't about being "right" it IS about accepting things as they really are.

Complaining about an intentional fundamental aspect of the game (grinding maps for wanted items) and expecting change is basically as ignorant as it comes. Not in the necessarily insulting way, but in the lack of comprehension of how wide reaching that endeavor is and what such a change entails to the game.

Edited by Wopel

23 hours ago, Wopel said:

I didn't say they had to be, just that it is a legitimate business model that is wildly successful, otherwise it wouldn't exist. That you don't like it doesn't mean it should change or justify your veiled insults either or "prove" it is the wrong way for it to be.

I have no problem accepting the game as it is, or enjoying it for what it is. You however seem to have issue with doing that. It isn't about being "right" it IS about accepting things as they really are.

Complaining about an intentional fundamental aspect of the game (grinding maps for wanted items) and expecting change is basically as ignorant as it comes. Not in the necessarily insulting way, but in the lack of comprehension of how wide reaching that endeavor is and what such a change entails to the game.

Amazingly, I never said I disliked the methods you use, you just put that because it suits your narrative. You also continued to call other people ignorant, whilst then also claiming to not trying to insult people. You are a dictionary definition of an forum twat, you make up peoples arguments to suit your own argument, which I suspect you have used on many occasions. You also assume because I said something negative, that I have a problem with it to the point I wish to leave the game or change it fundamentally, because it suits your superiority complex as you wallow about the forums dispensing your "wisdom".

Either way, you are boring and your arguments are old and tiresome. 

On 5/18/2016 at 7:45 PM, Crowsworth said:

Amazingly, I never said I disliked the methods you use, you just put that because it suits your narrative. You also continued to call other people ignorant, whilst then also claiming to not trying to insult people. You are a dictionary definition of an forum twat, you make up peoples arguments to suit your own argument, which I suspect you have used on many occasions. You also assume because I said something negative, that I have a problem with it to the point I wish to leave the game or change it fundamentally, because it suits your superiority complex as you wallow about the forums dispensing your "wisdom".

Either way, you are boring and your arguments are old and tiresome. 

And yet you were the one who took it to a level of personal attacks and name calling when I obviously was trying to have a legitimate discussion, as well as continue to take the time to attack and insult me in response to my "tiresome and old arguments." 

Then again this is so off topic it shouldn't continue, thanks for the insults I'm sure my poor ego and heart will be on the mend for years to come from the grievous damage inflicted on them... oh wait I could care less about your opinion since your post on the matter when you first resorted to implied name calling as a defense mechanism to your opinion being challenged. I'm sure there is a nifty internet term for you as well.